• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone [OT] Days Gone B Gud

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Days Gone is well worth $20, if anyone wonders. That's a whole lot of bang for your buck.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are making me want to play it a third time

Here I am kinda struggling to finish my first playthrough. Game is loooooong.

I took a break & played some other stuff. Need to get back to it soon.

iorek21

That reminds me, I really like how Bend handled Deacon and Sarah's relationship. I was rooting for the reunion since the beginning of the game, and was hoping that they wouldn't pull a Lori Grimes/Shane stuff.

I'm very glad they didn't, and their scenes together are very well written

cyber_ninja

Finally finished and platinumed this game last month. It might be my second favorite game this generation after Bloodborne. Everything just clicked with me from the get go. Bring on the sequel Bend!!!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Days Gone is well worth $20, if anyone wonders. That's a whole lot of bang for your buck.
Bang for your buck hasn't matter to me since I was in middle-school. I'm a busy adult now and my hours are valuable. Is something relentlessly entertaining, or do I have to force myself to go back and slog through it? That's where my concern lies.

desertdroog

Just bought it on sale for 20€, let's see if the grind gets too tiring or it's actually enjoyable.
I have been doing a slow play on the game. I decide I am going to do only two defined missions, and depending on how quickly they go or if I am looking for a bit of sidetracking to get some exp. I will allow up to a total of five instances of misions before I call it a night. I only do this every third night, but tend to play for a longer play session on the weekends if I have to do laundry or whatever.

Trying not to burn out completely on it, so far it is working for me. I have a good section of the first part of the map open and have met with the second camp. In all, I have done about nine NERO sites and any bandit camps I come across that I find on my own, just to keep the road ways clear for fast traveling.

It's a good game, solid 8 from my perspective. Full disclosure I also enjoy the State of Decay games, but fully understand what those are about, so this is a sort of twist on that game, less system camp maintenance and more open world take down deals. Kind of like the Mad Max game, but with stealth.

Kerotan

Warzone and TLOU2 meant I had to stop playing this only 2 hours in. When I'm back from holidays I'll be platinuming TLOU2 and then hopefully get back into this.

Is there a trophy that involves looting 200 humans? I think there's a trick that you need space in your inventory to fully loot them or else it doesn't count..

Eiknarf

Banned
Warzone and TLOU2 meant I had to stop playing this only 2 hours in. When I'm back from holidays I'll be platinuming TLOU2 and then hopefully get back into this.

Is there a trophy that involves looting 200 humans? I think there's a trick that you need space in your inventory to fully loot them or else it doesn't count..
Wheee ya going on holiday during Covid?

alstrike

I have been doing a slow play on the game. I decide I am going to do only two defined missions, and depending on how quickly they go or if I am looking for a bit of sidetracking to get some exp. I will allow up to a total of five instances of misions before I call it a night. I only do this every third night, but tend to play for a longer play session on the weekends if I have to do laundry or whatever.

Trying not to burn out completely on it, so far it is working for me. I have a good section of the first part of the map open and have met with the second camp. In all, I have done about nine NERO sites and any bandit camps I come across that I find on my own, just to keep the road ways clear for fast traveling.

It's a good game, solid 8 from my perspective. Full disclosure I also enjoy the State of Decay games, but fully understand what those are about, so this is a sort of twist on that game, less system camp maintenance and more open world take down deals. Kind of like the Mad Max game, but with stealth.

I went to town and modded my save so now I don't have to worry about grinding bounties or running out of cash :messenger_tears_of_joy:

MikonJuice

I love this game to death.

Open world plus zombies? Hell, this is like State of Decay 3 as I always wanted!

The only problem that I had with it is the shooting: it sucks. BUT, I got lucky, as I basically choose melee for about 50 to 60% of the game, so... no wonder I'm loving it, while there are people that hated it.

scalman

Still amazing game to play again even after all those new games, looks amazing , weather just on another level with that snow covering everything and its just fun to play not too slow for bike fans for zombie fans for open world fans for upgrading fans it just thicks so many boxes there. And at least its good reason for keep playing nothing more worth there then friendship and love , you just want to keep on surviving for those reasons. And its better love story then most games gave us there.

Found out some nice gifts there for bike from other games like horizon and even death stranding.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
Days Gone is the Ghost of Tsushima of zombie games and Ghost of Tsushima is the Days Gone of samurai games

Bottom line?

As a 15 year Xbox fan, I feel bad for Xbox players who don’t play PS4

And we also have TLOU2

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
IS New game + a thing? Start over with all upgrade? I'm missing this game, it really was great.

wipeout364

I’ve been playing it the last couple of weeks. Excellent so far, surprised that there seemed to be some negative impressions of it at the time it was released. It’s a very solid game that doesn’t forget it’s a game and constantly seems to add stuff many hours into the game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Started this. I've bought it year ago and tried back then but for a very short time.
Now I've tried from anew and... it's a mess.... But not easily explainable and the game seems really good. Some random thoughts:
-Good graphics most of the time. Only looking flat sometimes
-Horde mechanics are cool but annoying at first
-The loading in and out of missions,
-weird separate storylines which are poorly communicated.
-audio logs, calls and internal thoughts all playing at the same time... constantly
-The main character changes his voice, attitude and talks all crazy and normal moment later. He is the worst
-Some rather poor animations
-medicore and weirdly non accurate shooting sometimes not registering headshots which it clearly should
-bad ui, poor skills, very slow leveling which is still not worth the poor skills
-Facial animations and performances on some npc's are terrible. The randos You rescue are hilarious
-Facial animations are bad outside of cutscenes even on main characters
-Grind, collecting everything, crafting, going back and forth around the whole map
-Generally not interesting story line and annoying characters
-Everyone is a biker. Everyone. It makes no sense at all. Game should be called - Denim apocalypse.
-"BOOZMAN! BOOZMAN GO BACK TO BED!!!"
-"oh yeah... uhh... Guess there is someone needing rescue "
-"gonna kill those sumbitches. There is not enough of ya all to kill" - yelling at random enemies.
-2nd fuel upgrade and the bike still lasts barely 2 kilometers on full tank. It's a joke

Yet it's still like 7/10 game... but I think I hate it? Going to continue

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Here comes the defence force!

3sME.gif

Kamina

Golden Boy
Looking forward to replaying this on PS5.
What annoys me the most is the fan noise, especially in summer.
When the game runs quiet and in 4k, hopefully at 60fps it will be a dream.

Edit: BOOZMAN!!1!one

Last edited:

desertdroog

I had an experience that I wasn't sure if it was a baked in scripted part of the game or naturally happened, I lean more towards the latter.

The reason why I am not sure if it was baked in, is because it happened fairly early on in the second section of the map after you get jumped by the RIP gang at the gas station, on the way to the second safe camp. When I was tasked with a mission from that camp, I made my way towards a NERO location which was being controlled by the RIP gang. It was night, when I arrived and started to scope out the guards and plan my attack. The camp had three entry ways with a closed gate at the back up against some rocks.

As I scoped out the guards, there were some freakers meandering about, and for some reason one of the RIP guards started to take shots at it. I sat in my bush and watched as more freakers descended on the NERO station and a huge firefight broke out. The freakers killed all the RIP in the area so I went about and cleared out the rest of the freakers and opened up the area as a quick travel.

I understand you can get this type of thing to happen, but it happened on its own. The only other time I experienced this was when I was trying to remove some drifters from a wooded area by a train at night. I caused some noise which attracted freakers to swarm in and take half of them out, but I took an active part in that happening.

It's neat when it works as you expect it to and marvelous when it happens and you had nothing to do with it. Kind of like watching Skyrim Giants attack enemies who happened to be too close to their area.

scalman

IS New game + a thing? Start over with all upgrade? I'm missing this game, it really was great.
yes you start over will all upgrades bike and weapon ones and skills and upgrade till full. all enemies upgraded to about your levels as well so its not easier to fight . it was enough interest for me to play it second run like almost right away and i did that till end, still watching all cutscenes . dropped second run TLOU2 pretty fast.
about game its something special about being lonely biker and just explore world like that , mostly alone , noone besides you so you just do all as you want how you want, noone pointing to how you should play , thats big advantage of this game: do what you want how you want when you want.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Just finished this. I thought this game was very good. Though I feel it went on a little long. Every time I finished up one area and thought I was close to the end another area opened with more missions. Also the motorcycle was a little annoying at first but after a couple upgrades it was a non issue.

Solid 8/10

Last edited:

Fake

They just need to put more initial gas reserve at the start and reduce the time you spend putting gasoline at late game.

Dacon

Banned
Does this game incorporate any kind of online functionality into it, or is it purely offline single player?

I know next to nothing about Days Gone.

Top Bottom