• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 - Cinematic Title Sequence Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Watch the stylish opening cinematic of Dead Island 2 created by ELASTIC, the award winning creative studio behind some of the most iconic title sequences in recent years. Discover Los Angeles now stained in horror and immerse yourself in the game’s unique pulp tone, in preparation for a one way ticket to HELL-A. Dead Island 2 comes out April 21st, 2023 on PS4 & PS5.

kiphalfton

It's interesting how title/announcement/intro trailers have become a selling point for Dead Island games specifically

when they have almost nothing to do with the actual games

I only played the original DI, but I think the trailer for the first game probably succeeded in duping a lot of people into thinking it's a heart-wrenching story centric game... when in reality it ended up being a multiplayer sandbox game with no cutscenes.

kicker

Banned
probably succeeded in duping a lot of people into thinking it's a heart-wrenching story centric game
Based on the op, it looks like they went for tricking people into thinking it's a netflix-style post-apoc survival drama this time

the trailer has some cool shots though

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

That was honestly pretty cool. More so than what I was expecting. Not gonna lie though, the game looks like it'll be some dumb fun, which I'm all for.

EN250

I only played the original DI, but I think the trailer for the first game probably succeeded in duping a lot of people into thinking it's a heart-wrenching story centric game... when in reality it ended up being a multiplayer sandbox game with no cutscenes.

It did and it worked, game have obnoxious douchebags characters (Asian girl aside) and the plot barely gets a pass, but at the same time it's a fun game when you get modded guns/weapons and blast your way thru the end with friends or random players

The only thing in common the DI trailer and the game is the hotel room where you wake up that works as introduction, after that the tonal shift is like night and day :messenger_tears_of_joy:

CamHostage

It's interesting how title/announcement/intro trailers have become a selling point for Dead Island games specifically
when they have almost nothing to do with the actual games

The AAA version of mobile game ads.

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom