• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 Launch Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

With just a few days left to wait until the legendary zombie saga returns, feast your eyes on the official Dead Island 2 Launch Trailer and get ready to experience the ultimate pulp zombie adventure, coming to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One on April 21st. A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles, turning the locals into zombies. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, only you, and a handful of other pathogen-resistant, unlikely heroes holds the future of humanity in the balance. With an arsenal of weapons, slay your way across the City of Angels to uncover the truth behind the outbreak. Go head to head with countless foes in exquisitely bloody detail as you evolve from survivor to slayer, and discover exactly who – or what – you really are.​

Last edited:
I hope it has a game trial. I've never played Dead Island but wasn't too into Dying Light.
I think this one will be more down my alley. I'll be playing saints and sinners until I decide.

Dibils2k

i liked what i saw from a gameplay video a few weeks ago but there is not much talk about this...

whens the review embargo lifted? that usually says alot about a games potential

GymWolf

Hopefully it's gonna be at least better than dl2 but i have a bad feeling...

The game looks mid except the damage system, the zombies are nice to look at but they are still inferior to dl1 in how they move and stumble.

Hopefully i'm wrong.

P.s. slightly unrelated, but for people who hated combat in dl2 compared to dl1, techland is gonna release a major combat overhaul on april 20th.

Last edited:

Jada_Li

Banned
I enjoyed playing Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide and this looks to have great quality and fun gameplay. It's interesting to see Sam B again.

Can't wait until it releases on Steam.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont know why but I enjoy the campiness of RE4 but here its just cringe and annoying as fuck.

Wunray

I think I got this with my graphics card, will give this a spin after a couple of patches cause lets be real it's launching in a bad state.

rofif

Banned
So who is the developer?
Are they picking up scraps after polish dev of the alpha that leaked? Or is this totallyh new?

I think it looks pretty ok. Dead Island 1 was good but only first island. I dislike dying light games

Spyxos

The first trailer after the reboot was so good. I was really looking forward to it, but the more they show, the less interested I am. I will definitely play it at some point but certainly not at full price.

dis gon b gud this is gonna be good GIF

Laptop1991

I'll wait until it's released then decide, Dead Island 1 didn't keep me playing for long but Dying Light 1, i really liked, so i hope it's more like the latter. trailer looks good.

R6Rider

Gold Member
So who is the developer?
Are they picking up scraps after polish dev of the alpha that leaked? Or is this totallyh new?

I think it looks pretty ok. Dead Island 1 was good but only first island. I dislike dying light games
Can't remember the dev name, but I remember them saying they started from scratch about 4 years ago.

My prediction is 7 to 8 reviews , I'm sure reviews will complain about it being repetitive, looks fun and I cant wait to see all the gore and different ways to kill zombies

Phase

There are 5 character to chose, hopefully they are not all cringe.
That's good. Have they said anything about crossplay? This isn't a game I'd play solo but maybe with my brother who only has a ps5.

edit: just found that it does not. That sucks. Seems like a real missed opportunity. This game would be perfect for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom