• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 might be re-revealed this summer and could release as soon as September 2022, according to Colin Moriarty

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
dead-island-2-1170x680.jpg

In a recent episode of the Sacred Symbols podcast, host Colin Moriarty shared that he has heard that Dead Island 2 could end up being re-revealed and soon after released at a time in 2022. Moriarty cited his own anonymous that are said to have knowledge of Dead Island 2 and its development. As for when the game could end up being released, Moriarty said that September or October of 2022 could be when the game would launch "at the soonest." If this comes to fruition, a re-reveal of the title would then be expected to happen in the summer.

I loved Dead Island and Dying Light. Dying Light 2 was average and arcadey--not what I wanted from the realistic combat of Dying Light 1. Hopefully this Dead Island sequel goes more for realism.

Wikipedia says it's being made by the people who made Homefront: The Revolution...does not exactly inspire confidence, but maybe they've grown as creators since then!

I loved Dead Island and Dying Light. Dying Light 2 was average and arcadey--not what I wanted from the realistic combat of Dying Light 1. Hopefully this Dead Island sequel goes more for realism.

Wikipedia says it's being made by the people who made Homefront: The Revolution...does not exactly inspire confidence, but maybe they've grown as creators since then!
This feels like it could be similar to a GTA/Saints Row situation. The last time we saw Dead Island 2 it seemed more over the top and wacky compared to Dying Light. I feel the worst thing they can do for this franchise is Dying Light but more realism, but I could be wrong.

EDMIX

I mean shit, at this point....do we even want this fucking game? With all the issues its development has, I don't know if I care and its a deep wait and see.

Maybe its reveal is massive and I change my mind.

EDMIX

If it retains this more playful tone and separates itself enough from Dying Light, yes.

I mean sure, but come on now. Look at how much time has passed and all its issues and consider the video was pre-rendered. I want this to be a great release for those who are still hype for it, but I worry greatly about this one and I'm not keeping my hopes up.

The trailer did a great job at capturing the imagination, but I need more then that to get hype with this one. I try to remain grounded with stuff like this and need to see a lot more factual gameplay of its current state before I get even a little hype.

I mean sure, but come on now. Look at how much time has passed and all its issues and consider the video was pre-rendered. I want this to be a great release for those who are still hype for it, but I worry greatly about this one and I'm not keeping my hopes up.

The trailer did a great job at capturing the imagination, but I need more then that to get hype with this one. I try to remain grounded with stuff like this and need to see a lot more factual gameplay of its current state before I get even a little hype.
You're not wrong. That trailer was 7 years ago at this point. Deep Silver has been having some rocky years with some dev studios, but I think their overall output hasn't been too bad.

Dambuster - Dead Island 2 - Unreleased
???? - (Timesplitters Rumor) - Unannounced
Warhorse(Kingdom Come Deliverance Devs) - ????(Rumor only) - Unannounced
Volition - Saints Row V - Unreleased(Coming soon)
Fishlabs - Chorus - Released
Flying Wild Hog - Shadow Warrior 3 - Released
Tripwire Interactive - Chivalry 2 - Released
Tripwire Interactive - Maneater - Released
Wasteland 3 - InExile - Released
Gods will Fall - Clever Beans - Released

6 out of 10 in the past few years isn't necessarily bad, but they're missing that key blockbuster franchise. I'm sure they're hoping and praying that SR 5 is a hit.

This feels like it could be similar to a GTA/Saints Row situation. The last time we saw Dead Island 2 it seemed more over the top and wacky compared to Dying Light. I feel the worst thing they can do for this franchise is Dying Light but more realism, but I could be wrong.
Aw, dang. Didnt realize it was already leaning cartoony. Not likely to end up how I want, then.

Anybody know of another tense, first-person, melee focused, "realistic" zombie game that isn't 7 Days to Die, ZombiU, Dead Island or Dying Light?

ahtlas7

I go back to Dead Island occasionally to punch, kick, stab, etc. some zombies. It’s a nice holiday trip.

Make 2 quality and I’m certainly buying my ticket!

Last edited:
Top Bottom