• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 new Gameplay

ZoukGalaxy

Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good...

I Hope Please GIF

It would be an amazing fate for this game after so much time in development hell.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Man the look at 2:30 is insane, it seems every internal organ is physically rendered and independent from the rest. It clearly is the best gore system we have ever seen.
Yeah, the "FLESH" system they have in the game is amazing. The video with the devs talking about it was a good watch.

Plus the game has some sort of "skill card" system in which you can swap cards (abilities/skills) in and out at any time.

Hell Yeah...
Finally! Bring it.
Been waiting for this. IT looks amzing and it shows crafted weapons, elemental effects, leveled enemies and health bars. Only thing I want to know is that it's not always online and has proper single player that scales for co-op like first dead island. If so I am so in.
Dying light 2 was such a disapointment. Dl1 was good but it wasn't dead island. I miss the classes and just feel of dead island.

drotahorror

For anyone who wants to watch this with some actual context:

Pretty much every game should have this system.

And this is a cross gen game. There's no excuse not to have physics and the like when it comes to shooting/attacking people. Clothing should get ripped, flesh torn etc (unless your target audience is the younger crowd obviously).

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Meet Carla and learn more about this street-smart motorcycle racer with a flair for zombicide. See Carla in action in this latest trailer for the upcoming FPS action-RPG Dead Island 2.

Dead Island 2 will be available on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and on PC via the Epic Games Store on April 28, 2023.

This looks so good. Dead Island was a bit rough around the edges, but fun. I didn't really get on with Dying Light, but this looks like it could be really fun...

GenericUser

I'm fucking hyped! March RE4, April Dead Island 2. Zombie action double pack!

edit: I see it has breakable weapons. I wonder if you can repair your weapon. I really don't like breakable weapons in zombie games, it encourages avoiding conflict.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I think I've heard in an interview that they have watched real life violent gore movies to make it as realistic as possible.

Must have been a mentally challenged product to make. I have seen some on Reddit and sometimes I wish I haven't.

What platform is this footage from?
Controls looks stiff and hanky so probably on a next gen console.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Meet Bruno and learn more about this smooth-talking, modern day gentleman thief who can play whatever part he's needed for. See Bruno in action in this latest trailer for the upcoming FPS action-RPG Dead Island 2.

Dead Island 2 is releasing for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and on PC via the Epic Games Store on April 21, 2023.

after reading the Game Informer article about this game , it sounds very positive , they played 5h of the game and they cant wait to jump back in , lookin good.

Kacho

14 minute extended video just came out.

Looks AMAZING holy fook.

The combat actually looks fun in this one. That was always my main complaint with the Techland games. The combat suuuuucked balls.

Just hope the world and progression are interesting. Couldn't give two fucks about the story.

Fools idol

Banned
The combat actually looks fun in this one. That was always my main complaint with the Techland games. The combat suuuuucked balls.

Just hope the world and progression are interesting. Couldn't give two fucks about the story.

They've had a lot of time to fine tune the mechanics with this one. I'm here for it.

Top Bottom