• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 trailers, screenshots – ‘Welcome to HELL-A,’ pre-order reveal, and Alexa Game Control

Kupfer

Dead Island 2 will only be released in cut form in Germany.

Players can no longer interact with zombies that have already been killed. Further maiming of enemies lying on the ground is no longer possible. In all other respects, the German version is identical to the international uncut version.
Co-op between versions: Players of this slightly cut USK version can go into battle against the zombie hordes via friend invite in co-op with Uncut players. Players of the international version then play with the cuts of the German version for the duration of the match. In public matchmaking, however, USK players will only be matched with USK players.

So if you non-Germans want to play with your German friends, please advise them to import the international version of the game, otherwise you have to "enjoy" the German version without having the fun of playing around with the dead dead.

What kind of bullshit is that anyway?
Zombies are dead anyway - it makes no difference when you do external injuries to them standing, walking or lying down.

German overregulationat its' best.

Last edited:
Dead Island 2 will only be released in cut form in Germany.

So if you non-Germans want to play with your German friends, please advise them to import the international version of the game, otherwise you have to "enjoy" the German version without the corpse.
I hoped the dark ages of censoring videogames would be over in my country after we finally got Mortal Kombat, Callisto Protocol and Wolfenstein in their uncut versions.:messenger_pouting:

Kupfer

I hoped the dark ages of censoring videogames would be over in my country after we finally got Mortal Kombat, Callisto Protocol and Wolfenstein in their uncut versions.:messenger_pouting:
If I remember correctly, the first Dead Island was taken off the index again after reexamination and got a USK 18, also with the possibility to "edit" zombies lying around.
Somehow it seems arbitrary here and as if they had to crack down on something again to have any right to exist.
Well, I'll just import it, like the first game, from Austria.

Last edited:

TVexperto

If I remember correctly, the first Dead Island was taken off the index again after reexamination and got a USK 18, also with the possibility to "edit" zombies lying around.
Somehow it seems arbitrary here and as if they had to crack down on something again to have any right to exist.
Well, I'll just import it, like the first game, from Austria.
from my understandig the international version in europe is also cut?

Kupfer

from my understandig the international version in europe is also cut?

The videogames Dead Island (2011) and Dead Island: Riptide (2013) were both not released in Germany, as they were not approved by the USK due to their depiction of violence. In Austria, however, they were released uncensored.

In 2011, Dead Island was first indexed on List B, but was moved to List A after two months. In 2013, Riptide followed, but directly on List Part A. Both games have now been submitted to the BPjM for review and the panel no longer saw any danger to minors. So nothing stands in the way of a German release.
Source

Top Bottom