• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (PS4/PS Vita) coming out on Feb. 25

ShinMaruku

I'd say they have made graphically great titles that really stood out in their respective generations. Like DOA2, like Ninja Gaiden.

But i can't really say they "have a history/trend" of that type of thing, as if they released hit after hit which managed to do that. Almost everything besides 2 or 3 games is just an iteration and therefore not a trend setter

You should give Ni-Oh a good look. And With Ninja Gaiden they were tops. Even NG:B still holds up.

ricelord

PleasedSneakyGecko.gif

giphy.gif

I keep coming back to this thread, to marvel at the skin. It looks amazing.

May Team Ninja be the first Japanese dev to create a non mutant black person?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
You should give Ni-Oh a good look. And With Ninja Gaiden they were tops. Even NG:B still holds up.

Hey, Ninja gaiden B is still just Ninja Gaiden 1 slightly revised.

And as for Ni Oh, hopefully that turns out good, but we have no idea what it'll end up like

Define "Black features" for me.

Fuller lips, sharper eyes, wider face. Would love for natural hair, but that's a pipe dream.

Don't get it twisted. I'm black. I think there's nothing wrong with Lisa's depiction, but I would love for her to adopt more ethnic features.

Especially the hair.

Inuhanyou

Fuller lips, sharper eyes, wider face. Would love for natural hair, but that's a pipe dream.

Don't get it twisted. I'm black. I think there's nothing wrong with Lisa's depiction, but I would love for her to adopt more ethnic features.

Especially the hair.

I'm pretty sure there are those of us who look close to her without having stereotypical 'ethnic features' as you say

Mike Golf

Eh, she's missing the black features, but her skin looks a lot better than she did before. We'll see what TN does with Lisa in the next game she appears in.

This isn't a bad thing, but it is something that I want to see get better.

Whatever rendering program that is that someone pulled the assets for her model into is showing her skin texture to MUCH lighter than her in game model via aggressive lighting or contrast changes. Below is a screen from that same outfit I just took. Seen these kind of images a few times even when Itigaki was pitching a fit over her skin color a while back.

9WcH6dj.jpg

Also "Black Features" is pretty vague; do you mean Black Americans descending from countries in Africa, Black Puertoricans, Black Brazillians? She herself is Brazillian so do you mean features more in line with typical darker Brazillians? Not trying to grill you, just being specific will show what you really mean in regards to the features you're talking about.

Edit: Saw your post after this which in that case wouldn't make sense for her character being Brazillian. A new character of that vain (vein?) you described would be cool though.

Edit 2: Disregard my reference to her being Brazillian, that is not fact as I thought it was.

I'm pretty sure there are those of us who look close to her without having stereotypical 'ethnic features' as you say

I don't want her to adopt stereotypical features. That would make her a caricature. I want to her to become her appearance to become more individually discernable from her peers. Like I want with everyone.

DoA5 already did an amazing job making every character's appearance unique, beautiful, and refreshed, but I don't want them to become stagnate.
Also "Black Features" is pretty vague; do you mean Black Americans descending from countries in Africa, Black Puertoricans, Black Brazillians? She herself is Brazillian so do you mean features more in line with typical darker Brazillians? Not trying to grill you, just being specific will show what you really mean in regards to the features you're talking about.
Huh, is she Brazilian? Regardless, yeah, I would like her to take up a good interpretation of lesser seen populace.

I could see how this could backfire real quick though.

LiK

you guys importing or just gonna wait for US one? guess i'll wait and see if they alter anything before i do.

Inuhanyou

I don't want her to adopt stereotypical features. That would make her a caricature. I want to her to become her appearance to become more individually discernable from her peers. Like I want with everyone.

DoA5 already did an amazing job making every character's appearance unique, beautiful, and refreshed, but I don't want them to become stagnate.

Fair enough. I get touchy about that kinda thing

Sealtest

you guys importing or just gonna wait for US one? guess i'll wait and see if they alter anything before i do.

I'll wait to see if anything get's changed and if something does i'll import the Asian version.

Actually, can you buy off the HK PSN store using a Canadian card? I might just do that.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Already got my Asia version preordered from Play-Asia. Only thing I'm trying to decide on right now is whether to keep that order or change it to the Saikyou Package. I want that Honoka mousepad so bad.

Mike Golf

mind sharing where you get that from? all Ive ever gotten out of her is that she is American and Itagaki describes her as Latina.

Did a search to make sure and turns out I'm spouting FUD, well sort of. I could have sworn I had read when she was in DOA4 that she was Brazillian although checking a few links it seems her actual ethnic origin isn't 100% certain with some on one side or another whether she is Latin or not. Please disregard my above post as it is not a fact as I thought it was.

xion4360

Did a search to make sure and turns out I'm spouting FUD, well sort of. I could have sworn I had read when she was in DOA4 that she was Brazillian although checking a few links it seems her actual ethnic origin isn't 100% certain with some on one side or another whether she is Latin or not. Please disregard my above post as it is not a fact as I thought it was.

Apparently she is Latina its just that there are plenty of places that could include like Mexico, most of central and south america, as well as the Caribbean islands.. I think Dominican, Puerto Rican or Brazilian are good guesses.

Sakura

Already got my Asia version preordered from Play-Asia. Only thing I'm trying to decide on right now is whether to keep that order or change it to the Saikyou Package. I want that Honoka mousepad so bad.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just import the Venus CE as well instead of getting the Saikyou version?

Mike Golf

Huh, is she Brazilian? Regardless, yeah, I would like her to take up a good interpretation of lesser seen populace.

I could see how this could backfire real quick though.

Sorry, looked it up after Xion4360 questioned where I got that from and found that's not true. Did an edit on my original post.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just import the Venus CE as well instead of getting the Saikyou version?

I thought the Saikyou package had more things than Venus and Fortune would have combined. If not then I'll probably do that, good looking out!

EDIT: Looks like the Saikyou Package has 9 character wall scrolls that neither of the CEs have. Decisions, decisions.

I'm positive it'll come to North America, probably in the Fall/Winter next year. I'll likely stick with that version if the "changes" aren't that big. If it's something insignificant like perhaps changing around Marie Rose's bikinis, I'm fine with that.

LiK

I'm positive it'll come to North America, probably in the Fall/Winter next year. I'll likely stick with that version if the "changes" aren't that big. If it's something insignificant like perhaps changing around Marie Rose's bikinis, I'm fine with that.

I'm so glad you're getting it too. let's play some volleyball. :p

Kinyou

I'm holding out because I don't want to deal with having to buy DLC through the japanese store.

Might crack though if they don't announce anything before the japan release.

Mike Golf

I agree, I don't see this not coming to the West. I don't know what the DLC sales for LR look like in the US and UK but it can't be marginal by any stretch of the imagination. They'd be crazy to leave that money on the table by keeping this in Asia. While I'd rather they not change any of the swim suits/bikinis at all, plus seeing as if the ESRB doesn't raise a flag it's not like the market this game is aimed towards is going to shy away due to Marie Rose, I would still get the Western version if they did alter Marie a bit as she isn't a chatacter I'm interested in anyway but I would definitely feel for those who do like her.

On the off chance it doesn't come over, I'm fine reading subs as I like both the English and Japanese VAs and seeing as there isn't any "story" content so to speak here it won't bother me.

LiK

I'm holding out because I don't want to deal with having to buy DLC through the japanese store.

Might crack though if they don't announce anything before the japan release.

Yea, I might just import Asian ver soon if no news soon.

It's really easy if you use the web store https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/home/ (make sure you sign out of your non-Japan account first.)

You can buy digital codes from Play-Asia, eBay, ect and get them emailed to you almost instantly. Then just add the funds to your Japan account, find what you want to buy using the search box on the web store and then remotely download it to your console.

I fully expect there to be a DOAX 3 Ultimate that will have Mila and the other missing girls in it. You'll just have to wait an extra year.

And if you're wondering what I'm basing this on, it's because of the high cost of making AAA games combined with the fact that TN knows us ninja dogs will happily double dip and it's basically TK's model for every game now. And also cuz they have to buy more time to develop DOA6 cuz they're totally sidetracked by Dissidia and Ni-Oh and also some game called DOAX3.

Did they alter any of her bikinis in LR?

If they alter anything, I think it's just be an "All characters version".

Now, if they do change anything, I hope the import price for the Asian version doesn't kill me.

Top Bottom