• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (PS4/PS Vita) coming out on Feb. 25

Mike Golf

If by some miracle this game comes out on PC, I'm sure the modding community will go absolutely bonkers.

Please, Tecmo.

No joke, the fidelity of the mesh/polygon mods done for PC DOA5LR is incredibly stunning. I don't see this coming out on PC to be honest but if it did, then my god.....

Espada

Yeah. Helena is French/American and Kokoro is Japanese/American.

That could mean anything. I am positive they don't mean censorship (I hope), that would hurt their sales way too much. I think what he means is a less Asian centric cast and English voice over.

Looking at SolidSnakex's post I don't think that's even possible. You'd lose many of the most popular characters according to the polls they ran in each region.

mcz117chief

Looking at SolidSnakex's post I don't think that's even possible. You'd lose many of the most popular characters according to the polls they ran in each region.

Only time will tell I guess. But I don't think censorship is what he had in mind. Like what is there to censor? They have swim wear, it is not like you can see them naked or anything. Considering what got passed in Xtreme 2 (some of those "costumes" were pretty much no costumes at all) I doubt they would have any trouble with this one.

funny note: it is quite hilarious reading this thread and the Bible at the same time. It gives me a whole new, divine perspective on this thread :p

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
These posts will never go away even after the game is released, will they?

While I have no problem with Honoka, I admit I'm still salty that some of the mainstays got the boot for newer characters. Leifang and Tina should've been locked from the get go no question.

Aye carumba

JlAojfM.jpg

pRMqTUM.jpg

miss-parker-o.gif

Nah, she looks a million times better without them.

Agreed.

I remember buying it the day it released and having to hide the box from my parents, good times.

I remember scraping off the calcium build-up on every fucking pool tile in order for my parents to get it for me.

If by some miracle this game comes out on PC, I'm sure the modding community will go absolutely bonkers.

Please, Tecmo.

I can already imagine the SFMs that could come from it. The world is not ready.

Ultimadrago

Please, Tecmo.

In a better situation, as much as I'd like it, Tecmo needs to get their damn act together with PC porting first, honestly.

In a better situation, as much as I'd like it, Tecmo needs to get their damn act together with PC porting first, honestly.

And I don't want to port beg, but I want to port beg. But yeah dammit, Tecmo absolutely NEEDS to get their act together before they even consider doing a PC port. I'll gladly buy a PS4 to get a proper version of this game if the PC port is a lazy piece of crap.

Theonik

It's more "account locked". Yeah, you can import, but when DLC comes into the picture you need an account the corresponds to the region you got the game from.

And changing accounts on Vita is a bitch.
Not only that but getting trophies on your main account and using the DLC is impossible.

I actually like small but well rounded asses. But literally flat?yikes!
yea, I'm good with a lil chunky monkey, dump truck, or anywhere in between '-)

Flat is whack though...can't understand the fascination with these super model stick figures. People know they are touched up to look tone I hope, they are bones in person!
Bones I say!

Seriously though, these DOA models really are beautiful.

They're really going all out here it seems...

Please Team Ninja, just a dude or two. You can do it. Make my dreams come true.
lol...that's very very small chance of happening. Would be hilarious though..

I don't think I could play this with my wife in the room for, so this thread is as close to the game I can get.

lol...that's very very small chance of happening. Would be hilarious though..

I don't think I could play this with my wife in the room for, so this thread is as close to the game I can get.
It's not very hilarious when all I want is to have some content in this made with gamers like me in mind, but it almost never happens. A few dudes playing silly beach games in their speedos isn't going to topple the T&A empire, but it would be more fun.

It's not very hilarious when all I want is to have some content in this made with gamers like me in mind, but it almost never happens. A few dudes playing silly beach games in their speedos isn't going to topple the T&A empire, but it would be more fun.

I agree. It's probably never going to happen, not with this franchise, but I agree.

Piggus

Can't wait to play Ass, titties. Ass and titties. Ass, ass, titties, titties, ass and titties, the game.

But uhh, noob question: Is this a mainline DOA fighting game or is it more of a spinoff like Xtreme Beach Volleyball? Or both? I'd study the OP, but I'm at work, so yeah...

Can't wait to play Ass, titties. Ass and titties. Ass, ass, titties, titties, ass and titties, the game.

But uhh, noob question: Is this a mainline DOA fighting game or is it more of a spinoff like Xtreme Beach Volleyball? Or both?
Spinoff same as the first two. No fighting.

I agree. It's probably never going to happen, not with this franchise, but I agree.
I don't know why they ignore their male characters so much, a lot of them are very popular.

I still think it can happen though, there's no point in thinking otherwise. Rather Team Ninja will step up and do it, or another company will, and Team Ninja will wish they were among the first.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
This basically sums up the history of graphics that Team Ninja has built. They have always been technical wizards that no one pays attention to because its mostly used for fan service.

Incredibly true. Their artists and skin/muscle/fat tech are amazing. As I've said in the other DOAX3 thread, if Tecmo made a game where two people were kissing it would probably blow all other games, that have tried kissing scenes in games recently, out of the water and look the most realistic.

It's a shame Ninja Gaiden did not make it out of last gen on a good note.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Team Ninja and "history of graphics" don't really go hand in hand...

The basic design of the models basically didn't change from 2 to 4, which was almost a 10 year gap.

5 was the biggest jump in a long time for the DOA series

Inuhanyou

You should know this history of team ninja and what they say. Trust me on PC is not worth their time.

Team Ninja did have a history of graphics. When their games came out during the Xbox and ps2 era it was the best in the business.

Gameplay wise? Sure. Graphics...? Team Ninja's major titles in those departments were DOA2 and Ninja Gaiden at the time of release, everything else has been iteration...i would not say that is a "history of graphics'.

You should know this history of team ninja and what they say. Trust me on PC is not worth their time.

Team Ninja did have a history of graphics. When their games came out during the Xbox and ps2 era it was the best in the business.

Nah I know. I'll probably end up with a PS4 eventually. Thing is, I try to build up a list of games that I want for a system before I get it, and I haven't found enough games yet. There's some in Japan but I no longer have the time/patience to have a Japanese dictionary by my side to play Yakuza 0/6 like I want.

Squire

Banned

The basic design of the models basically didn't change from 2 to 4, which was almost a 10 year gap.

And 5 is rife with asset re-use, garbage backgrounds - even all the girls are clearly different mild of the same model.

TN get about as much credit as they deserve: minimal.

MikeMyers

Yeah, DOA2 on Dreamcast blew my mind with how good it looked.

Skilletor

Eh... Doa on DC, doa3 on Xbox, doa2u, ninja Gaiden... All of them were showcases for their time and still look pretty good. It wasn't until 360 that they stumbled... And the iq in doa4 is still impressive.

Inuhanyou

And 5 is rife with asset re-use, garbage backgrounds - even all the girls are clearly different mild of the same model.

TN get about as much credit as they deserve: minimal.

Hey now, they did put a lot of effort into the models, i would not say they are the same type of model at all. Rachel has a different body type to Kasumi, Momoji has a different body type compared to Marie rose ect.

But they did somehow loose the plot when it came to knowing how to actually make backrounds. We don't need like 3 grey factory type areas and 3 other grey buildingish places with low res textures everywhere thanks. What's even worse is that warzone afganistan looking level with all that brown and grey mess warping together

Sulik2

DOA3 is still the best looking game on the Xbox and it was a launch title. That's unheard of. They didn't change the art style on 360 but the image quality in DOA4 and X2 is far better then even a lot of games now and ran great. Ninja Gaiden was a looker and the character models in DOA5 look incredible even if they did lose Itagaki's love of image quality. Even Metroid Other M looks great for a Wii game.

Inuhanyou

Eh... Doa on DC, doa3 on Xbox, doa2u, ninja Gaiden... All of them were showcases for their time and still look pretty good. It wasn't until 360 that they stumbled... And the iq in doa4 is still impressive.

DOA2 on DC and NG are the only two i'll give you in regards to Team ninja pushing tech.

DOA3 is just an upgraded DOA2, DOA2U, while the best looking of the bunch is still just a slightly upgraded DOA3.

Even DOA4 was just a slightly upgraded DOA2U with significantly higher IQ.

DOA3 is still the best looking game on the Xbox and it was a launch title. That's unheard of. They didn't change the art style on 360 but the image quality in DOA4 and X2 is far better then even a lot of games now and ran great. Ninja Gaiden was a looker and the character models in DOA5 look incredible even if they did lose Itagaki's love of image quality. Even Metroid Other M looks great for a Wii game.

Did you play DOA2U? That surpasses DOA3 for miles. But my point is that all of that shit is iterative. They didn't set standards for every new release because it was just a slightly prettier version of what they had already done before hand.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

I consider them to be part of graphics history because they managed to pump out those games with good looking character models and destructible/large environments while at a smooth 60 frames per second with a bit of AA at a higher resolution than most other games at the beginning of 2 system cycles. 2 of their Original Xbox games looked and ran better than most games later in that same generation. 2 of their 360 games hold up graphically to the later half of its generation. This is not only their fighting game series but it includes Ninja Gaiden 1 as well. Obviously I can't count NG 2 because it was a technical nightmare compared to 1.

This gen they're going to beat everyone to the punch at skin and muscle tech. I haven't seen anything that comes close to what is going on with Kasumi's skin, in that gif posted above, in games that have a much larger budget than this one. It looks as natural as possible to a real body without being over the top like DOAX2 was with its physics. The only thing you could say is unrealistic is the fact that they all have perfect bodies, but some would argue back that people who fight in real life also have nice bodies as well.

Inuhanyou

What about DOA1 on Saturn?

You mean Arcade? DOA1 from any version wasn't much different from the other fighting games of the time. I can remember playing DOA1 on PS1 and thinking it look on par compared to Bloody Roar and Tekken 2 for example, and Soul Blade was already the absolute best in regards to rendering non 2D areas and stages far off into the distance before DOA even made its debut.

And then T3 came around a few months later and blew everything away....

As i say, DOA2 on DC was the only time in DOA history where i said "holy shit" in regards to the graphical rendering and what it bought to the table in regards to anime style in real time.

Of course, even at that time, Soul Calibur on DC had been out for a while, so i wasn't as wowed as i would have been otherwise.

MikeMyers

DOA1 on PSX looked nothing like the arcade version. The Saturn version looked much closer to the arcade (not 100% perfect though). I think its one of the best looking games on the Saturn.

Griss

Damn, the response to my comment about not liking / understanding ass was quite overwhelming, I've only just stopped laughing. It's true, though, that I did, for the longest time, think it was just a joke on the internet. Well into my 20s.

Shit, I once inadvertently started a meme on /sp/ about 4 years ago by stating a similar opinion in a gymnastics thread with my Irish flag attached and by the time it was done it had about 200 replies of pure digust and the Irish name was disgraced.

I must be way out on my own on this one, lol

I don't care. I'm in my 30s, my tastes have been set - I'll never appreciate anything but a firm, flat derriere. Buns of steel.

Time to slim Hitomi up again, Hayashi.

Inuhanyou

DOA1 on PSX looked nothing like the arcade version. The Saturn version looked much closer to the arcade (not 100% perfect though). I think its one of the best looking games on the Saturn.

Yeah, Arcade still wasn't anything stand out in regards to graphics at the time though even though they were better than the console releases, and considering saturn had something like nights and its 2D games, DOA was not all that impressive port wise.

Maybe for those who only had access to that system.

MikeMyers

Then I disagree. I really think Team Ninja really showcased some of the best looking games on the Saturn, Dreamcast, and Xbox with the first three DOA titles.

Mike Golf

Damn, the response to my comment about not liking / understanding ass was quite overwhelming, I've only just stopped laughing. It's true, though, that I did, for the longest time, think it was just a joke on the internet. Well into my 20s.

Shit, I once inadvertently started a meme on /sp/ about 4 years ago by stating a similar opinion in a gymnastics thread with my Irish flag attached and by the time it was done it had about 200 replies of pure digust and the Irish name was disgraced.

I must be way out on my own on this one, lol

I don't care. I'm in my 30s, my tastes have been set - I'll never appreciate anything but a firm, flat derriere. Buns of steel.

Time to slim Hitomi up again, Hayashi.

Although we may disagree, hold that taste up like a badge of personal honor. You showed just now that you have taste in ass, it just doesn't coincide with ours. Wear it with pride!

Then I disagree. I really think Team Ninja really showcased some of the best looking games on the Saturn, Dreamcast, and Xbox with the first three DOA titles.

I agree. I always thought the first three titles were a league above the rest of the genre.

DoA4, eh, but when it was released, it was still the looking fighting game on the market, and was for a while.
Shame it was a shit game tho.

Inuhanyou

I'd say they have made graphically great titles that really stood out in their respective generations. Like DOA2, like Ninja Gaiden.

But i can't really say they "have a history/trend" of that type of thing, as if they released hit after hit which managed to do that. Almost everything besides 2 or 3 games is just an iteration and therefore not a trend setter

Top Bottom