• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (PS4/PS Vita) coming out on Feb. 25

Are the Chinese PSN and Hong Kong PSN separate? If so, is it preferable to sign up for one or the other?

I'd reccomend signing up for HK, you can set the language of the store to English. That DLC will definitely work with the Play-Asia version
Is there even a Chinese PSN?

Synth

DOA2 on DC and NG are the only two i'll give you in regards to Team ninja pushing tech.

DOA3 is just an upgraded DOA2, DOA2U, while the best looking of the bunch is still just a slightly upgraded DOA3.

Even DOA4 was just a slightly upgraded DOA2U with significantly higher IQ.

Did you play DOA2U? That surpasses DOA3 for miles. But my point is that all of that shit is iterative. They didn't set standards for every new release because it was just a slightly prettier version of what they had already done before hand.

They were iterative yes... but they were still the best looking fighters available when they hit (and when Dead or Alive 3 hit specifically, there was nothing even remotely close). DoA4 is the first release where I'd say the graphics didn't live up to expectations... and even then, it was a case of everyone assuming fighters would look insane that gen (due to the legacy of fighters looking almost half a gen better than everything else), and then Virtua Fighter, Tekken and Soul Calibur arrived later landing in a similar bracket, and DoA4 still murdered them all (and then DoA5) when it came to backgrounds.

But prior to the 360? Team Ninja were basically running the show in regards to fighting game graphics, with only the original Soul Calibur standing against them. If anything Soul Calibur gave DoA2 more legit competition than anything gave DoA3 (and then later DoA2U).

JC Lately

I haven't paid attention to this game cause I didn't have a PS4. Now that I do, I'm playing catch up on details. Let me see if I got it right:

Release date is next Feb.

No Western localization is planned.

The PS4 is region free, so import is hella easy. The Asian release version has English subtitles. Import the disk, pop it into your US/EU PS4 and your good to go

HOWEVER, inorder to purchase any DLC you have to make a PSN account in the same region that you purchase the game from. This is easy on the PS4, less so the Vita.

Do I have it right so far?

I haven't paid attention to this game cause I didn't have a PS4. Now that I do, I'm playing catch up on details. Let me see if I got it right:

Release data is next Feb.

No Western localization is planned.

The PS4 is region free, so import is hella easy. The Asian release version has English subtitles. Import the disk, pop it into your US/EU PS4 and your good to go

HOWEVER, inorder to purchase any DLC you have to make a PSN account in the same region that you prrchase the game from. This is easy on the PS4, less so the Vita.

Do I have it right so far?
Yep, but I'm pretty sure the game will be released for NA, Xtreme 1 and 2 came and the only "reason" I can think it wouldn't release overseas is because of Marie Rose. I don't know why everyone is already giving up on the game releasing elsewhere and as far as I know there hasn't been an official statement that the game will never be released in other regions

LiK

Yep, but I'm pretty sure the game will be released for NA, Xtreme 1 and 2 came and the only "reason" I can think it wouldn't release overseas is because of Marie Rose. I don't know why everyone is already giving up on the game releasing elsewhere and as far as I know there hasn't been an official statement that the game will never be released in other regions

i think it'll be released here. just wondering what content they will alter or cut. if nothing's changed, that's great news.

I'll likely get the Asian PSN version (If JP version has no english, then again navigating HK/SG PSN might just be hassle free) and hold off on any DLC until such time I'm confidant no western release was happening.

If a western (euro) version did end up getting released, I'd double dip and get DLC on that.

Though I do need to save money for PSVR...

Synth

I see lots of people saying the western version would have more characters, but I really don't see why

Probably just due to the fact that it'd be a delayed release if it got one. It's similar to why people expect PS4's Rise of the Tomb Raider to contain any DLC that'd exist prior to it.

None of this is important though, because you asked what else we want, not expect, heh.

LiK

AmiAmi is selling some DOAX3 posters by themselves. didn't check for which characters but it's not a bad idea to take a look if you're looking.

Sakura

Try HMV, they have A3 clear poster as bonus, but didn't say which character yet.

My only issue with HMV is they only offer EMS shipping. I don't want to be waiting a week to play the game :(
Otherwise I would normally use them.
Also I hate that buying games there doesn't accrue points, if it did I might be inclined to use them.

The Sofmap one sounds good. B2 tapestry of Marie Rose.
Oh well I'm sure I can just buy any cool goods after the fact from resellers.

Ricitor

Has there been any mention or confirmation if the game will have local coop/multiplayer? I'm already sold but that would be icing on the cake.

Sulik2

I highly doubt we will see any Vita footage until right before release. You don't market a game with the worst looking version.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
gafi7rr8.jpg

We all come together....errr...on this topic. Peace, life and hometown.

I highly doubt we will see any Vita footage until right before release. You don't market a game with the worst looking version.

Eh it's not gonna look so bad that it's gonna sway people from buying the game. DOA5+ on Vita is one of the platform's best looking games and even comes incredibly close to the PS3 original. And it's gonna look even better than that.

Sakura

Eh it's not gonna look so bad that it's gonna sway people from buying the game. DOA5+ on Vita is one of the platform's best looking games and even comes incredibly close to the PS3 original. And it's gonna look even better than that.

It's not going to have some of the features they are pushing though from the new soft engine.

I got a 5$ coupon for any purchase over $60 on play asia if any of you want it (yeah I post here because play asia home page is littered with silicon in bikinis)

just throw me a MP if you are interested

FHIZ

Quick question: With the Asian (Multi-language) version... will the Trophy list be in English?

Potentially. It'd make sense, but I feel like I've seen Asian region games with English subs that have trophy lists that aren't. They could end up being in Chinese.

Speaking of English, who actually confirmed the Asian version was going to be in English? I just remember Play-Asia announced it, but did Tecmo actually ever confirm it?

vato_loco

Potentially. It'd make sense, but I feel like I've seen Asian region games with English subs that have trophy lists that aren't. They could end up being in Chinese.

Speaking of English, who actually confirmed the Asian version was going to be in English? I just remember Play-Asia announced it, but did Tecmo actually ever confirm it?

Pretty sure it was Tecmo who announced this in the first place.

Definitely getting the Asian version, although unfortunately I seem to be having some trouble ordering it for shipping to Japan itself. Play Asia wanted to charge me 25 dollars for the pleasure. They're nuts!

Top Bottom