• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME 3 (PS4/PS Vita) English Release Confirmed For Asia

Sulik2

I converted my JP preorder to an Asian one. Guarantee of English and $100 less was a no brainer. Hopefully release dates are the same.

jediyoshi

For the saikyou package, would the vita version be a separate code? Wouldn't mind buying it and selling that to help offset the cost.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Would jump in but the dlc will be uncompatible, so I'll wait for western version.

This is the big thing for me. Wouldn't matter for ps4 but I hate account switching on Vita. I'm either getting a Japanese version or waiting for an American release, because you just KNOW this will have dlc like crazy.

Would jump in but the dlc will be uncompatible, so I'll wait for western version.

LOL

What are the chances at this point? Best case scenario is they remove some characters and censor or disable certain camera perspectives. If you are happy with a butchered version, then fine. But to me it's like watching a censored/ cut version of a slasher. Who the fuck would want to watch/play THAT?

Synth

LOL

What are the chances at this point? Best case scenario is they remove some characters and censor or disable certain camera perspectives. If you are happy with a butchered version, then fine. But to me it's like watching a censored/ cut version of a slasher. Who the fuck would want to watch/play THAT?

I'm not typically pro-censorship... but the removal of Marie Rose, even without any character added would make the global version definitive imo.

Hubb

I'm not typically pro-censorship... but the removal of Marie Rose, even without any character added would make the global version definitive imo.

If it is in the game, just don't use it. Are you afraid of the temptation? If they are going to take a character out (I don't believe they are) they should at least replace it with something else.

Sorry, not a fan of Lisa. I was pissed to hell and back that you could get the Venus bikini so easily for her in DOAX 1, but it was such a pain in the ass to gift it to the other girls.

She is forever the girl I associate with grinding.

Synth

If it is in the game, just don't use it. Are you afraid of the temptation? If they are going to take a character out (I don't believe they are) they should at least replace it with something else.

lol, temptation...

No, it's because it's a game where 4 characters (3 that aren't yours) are on screen during standard play. A game that preys on the players completionist tendencies to collect everything with everyone... each of those characters taking tens of hours to accomplish this.

It's similar to why I wouldn't want male characters added (sry Hours Left), unless there was some guarantee that I could play the game in its entirety without them making regular appearances.

Put a "Marie mode enabled" toggle in the options, and I'm good. And yea. they should add someone in, I'm just stating that even failing that, I'd rather she was out. She can come back for DoA6... and maybe even DoAX4 when she's older. :p

I enjoyed the show. She might have just good taste in animu~

Yeah we watched both seasons together and she liked them, but her favorite anime are Toradora, Yuru Yuri and Is the Order a Rabbit?

On topic, she likes Dead or Alive but she isn't very good at fighting games. I'm thinking she'll like DOAX3 though because the older games didn't have a very steep learning curve. But her favorite character is Mila and I don't think she's in roster, is she?

Hubb

It's similar to why I wouldn't want male characters added (sry Hubb), unless there was some guarantee that I could play the game in its entirety without them making regular appearances.

Are you trying to say I am interested in men? I'd certainly prefer they add more women to the game (because that is what I am interested in), but I wouldn't care if they added men either.

Either way I am sitting on my preorder until it is closer to release. That way I can see if there is any info on NA's release and what "adjusted" means.

There are no plans for dlc characters.

They'll be called "Character Expansions"

Hubb

On topic, she likes Dead or Alive but she isn't very good at fighting games. I'm thinking she'll like DOAX3 though because the older games didn't have a very steep learning curve. But her favorite character is Mila and I don't think she's in roster, is she?

Mila is not in.

Could we just buy the Asian version digitally instead of having it imported? That seems like the path of least resistance.

Yeah, but I believe you'll need to buy PSN points for whatever region. I don't think you can add your credit card, but I'm not 100% sure.

Could we just buy the Asian version digitally instead of having it imported? That seems like the path of least resistance.

Sure could. That's what I might do. It'll probably be the least expensive route, too (although you'll have to buy Asian PSN credit and most places will mark that up a bit.)

Mila is not in.
Yeah I thought as much. My fiancee will probably still try the game, but I know she'll be bummed that there's no Mila.

Synth

Are you trying to say I am interested in men? I'd certainly prefer they add more women to the game (because that is what I am interested in), but I wouldn't care if they added men either.

Either way I am sitting on my preorder until it is closer to release. That way I can see if there is any info on NA's release and what "adjusted" means.

Haha, sorry... I meant Hours Left.. got your names mixed up there. :p

Given the DLC practices for other DOA games, they would be mad not to add additional characters later in the games life cycle.

Invested players would go crazy. In short; Free money.

man

The Asia version on playasia is like 40 bucks more expensive than the Japanese version on Amiami.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...s=dead+or+alive$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...s=dead+or+alive$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

In the last thread a member said this.

Keep in mind that play-asia is usually the only one selling asian editions easily to the west, so they avoid to say if it's in japanese editions.
They said the same for DOA5LR, but the japanese edition had english subtitles/menus as well. When you make a game and have english ready, you usually include it in every copy even if a country won't care about it.

Not that I know of. But usually, when it's from a big publisher (like KT) and is getting a version for asia with english menus, it's a good hint.
Will still order the jpn version because it's cheaper and there might be guides anyway.

Makes me want to stick with my jp order.

Huh? Asian versions are usually cheaper than the Japanese versions.

Either there's been a change in currency conversion rates I was unaware of, or they're marking up the Asian version's price over the news of English support.

lets pretend that the jp has eng subs like DOA5LR (according to the post)

If you were to order both the vita and ps4 CE, it would be about 200~ before shipping

So you're paying 100 dollars more for 9 posters lol.

Sakura

lets pretend that the jp has eng subs like DOA5LR (according to the post)

If you were to order both the vita and ps4 CE, it would be about 200~ before shipping

So you're paying 100 dollars more for 9 posters lol.
Yea but then you resell each poster for 100 dollars and bam you just made 600 dollars.
Think about it.

Golnei

It's similar to why I wouldn't want male characters added (sry Hours Left), unless there was some guarantee that I could play the game in its entirety without them making regular appearances.

Put a "Marie mode enabled" toggle in the options, and I'm good. And yea. they should add someone in, I'm just stating that even failing that, I'd rather she was out. She can come back for DoA6... and maybe even DoAX4 when she's older. :p

That's also assuming there would be some way for them to include them without that taking up resources that would be used elsewhere; when realistically, even if they added a toggle that would treat males as if they weren't in the game at all; the mere fact of their inclusion would mean fewer girls would be in the game. And since the cast of this game is already fairly small compared to DOA5, I don't think further reducing it to add men would go over very well at all.

Also, Marie will never age.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I do love me some DOA but not THAT much. Importing is very expensive and I'll wait patiently for a potential Western release since I'd rather not have Marie Rose anyways.

I just recently bought a Vita (NA). If I order a physical copy of this, will it work on my Vita?

Yes, the PS Vita is region free, the cart will work. Same with the PS4 and disc.

Top Bottom