• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2008 Finally Gets a First-Person Mod

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

While the new remake of Dead Space may have attracted all the franchise and general horror fans' attention as of late, it would appear that there's still good reason to go back to the original after all. A modder going by the appropriate nickname of ReverseEngineeringGamer has released a retrofit for the 2008 version of Dead Space, turning the game into a full-fledged FPS. From what ReverseEngineeringGamer has shown, most of the game's features work well from the first-person perspective, including the series' standard diegetic interface.

What's particularly noteworthy is that ReverseEngineeringGamer has already mentioned that it would be feasible to develop an FPS mod for the remarkably successful Dead Space remake as well. "It is possible to do the same with the remake," he said via YouTube comments, "but not right now." In other words, they may tackle the 2023 release in the future, though it's not worth holding one's breath for it just yet.

Doczu

It'd be sick in VR
Exactly my thought.

Hey modders!
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Wonko_C

Dead Space was always third person Doom 3 to me so it was only fitting.

Apparently VorpX works great with the original game so coupling it with the FPS mod would give us instant VR version, sans motion controls. (The fuck are you doing EA? The remake should have gotten a VR mode for PSVR2 already!)

fatmarco

I had a glitch in Dead Space 2023 where it went first person:

I think it just was a case of it removing Isaac's character model based on how it controlled though.

Top Bottom