• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake Easter Egg Hints That A Dead Space 2 Remake Could Be Coming

Draugoth

Gold Member
confira-as-notas-que-dead-space-remake-vem-recebendo-084745.jpg

Even though the upcoming Dead Space remake by EA isn't out yet, there appears to be an easter egg hinting at a possible sequel, or at the very least, paying homage to the other installments in the series.

Warning Spoiles Below:

After completing the game, players have the option to replay the story with New Game Plus. Once they load back into the game, players will notice a few new text logs that weren't originally there when they first played the game.

In the new logs, players can read an email-like exchange between two characters talking about looking for new employment opportunities due to the "decommissioning" that's supposed to happen within the next year. As the conversation continues, the two talk about potentially working at the Sprawl on Titan.

This location is significant in the Dead Space franchise because this is the location where Issac ends up fighting for his life in Dead Space 2 after narrowly escaping the USG Ishimura. Although nothing a Dead Space 2 remake has not yet been confirmed, it's not out of the realm of possibility. EA has remastered other iconic games before, such as the Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

Be sure to check out our How Long To Beat Dead Space Remake - Chapter List And New Side Missions Explained so you'll know how long you'll be stuck on the USG Ishimura.

MiguelItUp

Full House 90S Tv GIF

If this remake sells great, of course they're going to go the cheap route again.
I mean, in this instance if "cheap" is great, then I'm all for it. There's clearly love for Dead Space, so might as well remake the games that started the IP and people loved.

Would be awesome if they did 2, and then retconned the original 3 and made a new one, lmao.

Neff

Sounds like the kind of retroactive lore dumps developers love putting in remakes rather than an overt hint that DS2 is coming.

That said, DS2 is probably coming.

MiguelItUp

Don't even need to do that, take out the MTX and DS3 is a pretty good game
Even without the MTX, DS3 was the worst one IMO. Comparing all 3 games, 3 just felt so... distant in so many ways.

But to be fair, with the QoL changes Motive made with 1, I could see them doing something similar in 3, but on a larger scale. Making it even better, and I'd be okay with it. I was one of the few that enjoyed 3 for what it was, I just thought it paled in comparison to the others for a variety of reasons.

Hugare

Tho I think DS is really great, DS 2 is one of the best games ever

But differently than DS, it doesnt have such big margin for improvements besides graphics. Will be interesting to see what they do with it.

SCB3

Even without the MTX, DS3 was the worst one IMO. Comparing all 3 games, 3 just felt so... distant in so many ways.

But to be fair, with the QoL changes Motive made with 1, I could see them doing something similar in 3, but on a larger scale. Making it even better, and I'd be okay with it. I was one of the few that enjoyed 3 for what it was, I just thought it paled in comparison to the others for a variety of reasons.
DS3 has the same issue as Mass Effect 3 does, its not as good as its predecessor

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Keep it, give me an alternate timeline sequel where it stays more horror focused.

DS2 wasn't bad at all but the first was always the best and it fell off hard with 3 so why not just start fresh.

Edder1

Tho I think DS is really great, DS 2 is one of the best games ever

But differently than DS, it doesnt have such big margin for improvements besides graphics. Will be interesting to see what they do with it.
Unlike the original the second game holds up remarkably well visually even today because it was a big step up from the first game. Besides graphics there isn't much they could improve on as you already mentioned, unlike as was the case with original. It will have to be a big step up from this remake for them to convince people that DS2 remake should exist.

Let's not forget though that Motive are doing an Iron Man game first, so we may not see a Dead Space 2 remake for a long time if Iron Man sells better than this remake. EA will only greenlight whatever they believe will make them more money, therefore we may never see the remake of the second game.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Depends on how well it sells with EA's mad targets.

Personally I'd like to see it happen but with more emphasis on horror then ignore remaking 3 and just replace it with a proper dead space game. Not the shit that was Call of Space 3.

skneogaf

I hope so, the remake is close to perfection.

I'll never be a fan of Adam Sandler face or the weird animation on Isaac but it's not enough to ruin the experience.

I installed dead space 2 last night, it was unfortunately a little painful to play straight after the remake.

Anyone know how much it cost to make the remake? I ask as the credits took ages at 16× speed so loads were involved.

Also how many copies been sold thus far?

Top Bottom