• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake Performance Review PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs Steam Deck vs PC

Luipadre

I am going to be honest, this is the worst looking low res PS5 game that there has been in performance mode.

It looks like utter shit resolution wise for a 2023 release. Its an utter embarrassment.

I dont care that it plays well or its smooth, your talking about a 2023 release that looks sub 720p on PS5 performance mode an people paid £70 for this, fucking disgrace.

This game should have scored no higher than 6/10 for technical specification as good as the game is no one has low low resolution TVs, especially if they can afford a £70 release.

Kicker is on PC you can play it for £15.

Unacceptable tbh.

the crazy thing is, other frostbite titles looks good. Like bf2042 is a 128 player multiplayer game on big maps and the game holds a steady 60 with crisp image quality. This game is a corridor shooter that looks much worse. Why change to fsr when the frostbite checkerboarding looks so much better?

Thebonehead

Banned
the crazy thing is, other frostbite titles looks good. Like bf2042 is a 128 player multiplayer game on big maps and the game holds a steady 60 with crisp image quality. This game is a corridor shooter that looks much worse. Why change to fsr when the frostbite checkerboarding looks so much better?
I think it's more the fact that the VRS is being done as a first pass before running the FSR / DLSS pipeline which is destroying the image quality when scaled up, whereas it should be part of a post-processing pipeline.

I've also noticed some pretty aggressive lod pop in for objects like cases on shelves etc

Overall it has been a pretty good experience so far for me - but then again it may be the case my rig is brute forcing it's way through ( Playing at native resolution 3840 x 1600 ) etc

Shakka43

0UXP0MC.jpg

Whatever you do, don't turn up the brightness I'm this game. The really spooky things lurk in the shadows.
I thought it was a Remake not a Demake, damn.

kainslayer

Neo Member
Having a great experience on PC but required some tinkering. Maxed (ultra) settings at 2K 72fps.

Specs: 3080ti 12GVRAM/Intel11th gen/32GB RAM

Nvidia Control Panel Program Settings:
- Maximum frame rate: 72fps.
- Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
- Driver: 528.24

In-game settings:
- Dynamic resolution scale: Off
- Anti-aliasing: TAA
- TAA Quality: High

Using TAA seems to reduce the VRS issue somewhat, much better than DLSS where any dark area looks like a cartoonish mess.

With this I get what I would honestly call "minimal" stuttering that only briefly occurs when entering certain rooms. Before these changes it was happening every 5 seconds and was nearly unplayable.
However the game's performance is strange. I get about 100% GPU usage and 5% CPU usage :/

LdAUGRP.jpg

zfpkbZo.jpg

R6Rider

Gold Member
NX Gamer doesn't address whether the day 1 patch introduced the speculated bug that's messing with image quality on not ...

He does talk about fsr 2.1 having issues and vrs being "middling"

More info is needed . Would be great if Michael popped in here to clarify whether he thinks there's a bug or not
The patches didn't introduce the bug. I have played (and others have as well) version 1.0 and it's still there.

diffusionx

Gold Member

BF2042 was a technical disaster at launch. These games are rushed and not tested properly before release. Whatever the reasons, it is so common that I really think it’s foolish to every buy a game day one. Preordering is probably the worst thing you can do. Even a game that is seemingly fine, like Horizon Forbidden West, got a lot of patches that fixed tons of bugs and vastly improved the IQ after release. If I pick up Dead Space in 2 weeks I will likely be playing a far better and more polished game than the people who shelled out day one. It’s just wrong.

Random Stutters, but not too much of a problem. Chalk it up to dealin with fucking stutters for some time now, but it's not as bad as other big budget releases.
Performance nearly rock solid at all times. 3090 + 5950X + 32GB of ram + NVME m.2

Hohenheim

I refunded it. Couldn't figure out the audio glitches, and it ruined the atmosphere for me. Will definitly pick it up again when it's patched up.
Lesson: wait for a while before buying new stuff, yeah I know. But I also want to support the devs. Well well.

Top Bottom