• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadline: Henry Cavill rumored to make Superman announcement in Hall H at SDCC

ManaByte

Gold Member
His solo movie is also the best anything DCWB has put out besides the Bale Batman’s.
Robert Pattinson Action GIF by The Batman

Interfectum

That's cool, but without Snyder at the helm, I'm going to bet a lot of people are going to be let down by the visuals of the next Superman movie. Say what you will, but Snyder's films had the best flying Superman ever. There was weight to things. The way shots panned and zoomed really sold the sense of speed and strength Superman has.

In comparison, Shazam came out afterwards, and it lacked that same visual punch. It's not just the effects studio. The director and cinematographer get to specify how things get framed and lit, and Snyder has shown that MoS, BvS and JL's flying sequences that he has a keen eye. We see it in Sucker Punch, and to a lesser degree (ironically) in Legend of the Guardians.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that. I'm glad Cavill can stay on as Superman. I just think it would be a shame to regress on the visual side of things.
TBH, I'll take a better story and pacing over Snyder's visuals. The dude has an eye for cinema but can't tell a story to save his life.

Interfectum

Cavill is Superman. His solo movie is also the best anything DCWB has put out besides the Bale Batman’s. Should have never taken this long to do something with it.
The Batman (aka Batman starring in his own Se7en movie) is easily the best Batman movie. The Suicide Squad is up there too. Man of Steel was amazing looking but bloated and boring.

That's cool, but without Snyder at the helm, I'm going to bet a lot of people are going to be let down by the visuals of the next Superman movie. Say what you will, but Snyder's films had the best flying Superman ever. There was weight to things. The way shots panned and zoomed really sold the sense of speed and strength Superman has.

In comparison, Shazam came out afterwards, and it lacked that same visual punch. It's not just the effects studio. The director and cinematographer get to specify how things get framed and lit, and Snyder has shown that MoS, BvS and JL's flying sequences that he has a keen eye. We see it in Sucker Punch, and to a lesser degree (ironically) in Legend of the Guardians.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that. I'm glad Cavill can stay on as Superman. I just think it would be a shame to regress on the visual side of things.
There's also the flip-side to the argument. In a Snyder film, it typically takes a handgun 4 minutes to discharge in ultra-slow motion, leaving little room for plot points.

Jinzo Prime

What kind of Superman movie should this be? How do you make a mass appeal Superman movie without re-telling his origin story? I'm not being sarcastic, I am genuinely wondering how they should proceed.

Top Bottom