• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear PlayStation owners, Sony does not announce a "PlayStation Launcher for PC" with.... - Does it effect you?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
No, because I can't justify the cost of a PC. Even if I did have a PC to do these games justice, I'd still get them on the PS5 because I'd be able to play them on the 55inch OLED downstairs.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Zero issues with a desk life trust me
Than why did you respond? My gut feeling is I think PC gamers like being at desks but I doubt they like it, they want to hold gaming hostage and be the king of the hill, pc gamers have become what consoles warlords are, and PC gaming and consoles are more common than people think.

see ya goodbye GIF by WWE

nani17

are in a big trouble
Than why did you respond? My gut feeling is I think PC gamers like being at desks but I doubt they like it, they want to hold gaming hostage and be the king of the hill, pc gamers have become what consoles warlords are, and PC gaming and consoles are more common than people think.

see ya goodbye GIF by WWE
I own consoles and a pc and I just prefer pc it's just better for me. My ps5 is on my desk as well

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Not in the slightest. I have a decent laptop but don't game on it. PC gaming is cool but too much work involved for my tastes. Day 1 patches aside, I like the convenience of console gaming.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Sony announces a "PlayStation Launcher for PC" with...

Day and Date release. Games are released both on PS5 and PC at the same time.

Does it affect you as a console owner?

Understand:
  1. 1st & 2nd party developers now have to make games for 2 platforms, and / or PC version will likely be outsourced alongside main developing team.
  2. Possible staggered DLC
  3. Games sell better on PC

Yes this affects me. It would be fantastic. I don't have a PS5, though I have a PS4...but I also have a pretty damn good PC. So yea. please make this happen.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Would strongly prefer Steam but will install a Playstation launcher depending on how nicely it behaves. I.e. no rootkit, no spyware, doesn't run in background when not in use, doesn't launch when system launches, etc.

The plan is to complete my ps+ PS4/PS5 backlog during this PS5 generation so the PS5 will be my last Sony console.

Now if only Nintendo would get on board...

Haven't pretty much all of the PS PC ports launched inferior to their console counterparts despite releasing years later?

If PC players are okay waiting over a year for a few PS ports that run worse than the PS4/PS5 versions and want to pay $40-$70 on PC while they're under $20 or included on PS+ for console, what do I care? Hopefully, it helps fund more AAA PS5 games.

Last edited:
It doesn't affect me in any way if others will get to play the games i was already playing in the first place.
If more people have access to the games i play, better for me in the end as well.

The more money these studios make, the more budget they can have for their future games, the better these games will be for me as well.

Mabdia

Dear PlayStation owners

The only effect that this could have on me is that I don't need a PS5. I've always bough a console because it's exclusives. A few months ago I get a X360 just because some games that are exclusives even now

Life

Whether Sony fans like it or not - it's the future and it will have to happen eventually. Console production will cease and become obsolete - and the new battlefield for console wars will be on PC stores, similar to Epic Vs Steam. I made a whole post about this long ago but no one cared lol

Signs say the opposite.
Can you show a single Sony made PS5 game announced for PC?

Cause everything available/announced are PS4 games.

Have you even seen the GeForce leaks? Horizon: Forbidden West is mentioned, so is Demon's Souls Remake (definitely not a PS4 game). Those are definitely coming to PC, probably at or close to the leaked timeframes as well going by the Uncharted Collection leak vs. announcement.

Just accept that a PS launcher is eventually going to come to PC, and Sony are eventually going to figure a method to put all 1P games there Day 1 (which they can do without jeopardizing profits from console hardware sales or losing out on 3P software sales. In fact in case of the former they can potentially make more profit from the launcher since they don't have to spend money on BOM costs and shipping logistics for console hardware).

It'll be gradual though, I don't see a launcher coming until 2025 or later. But they'll have at least a couple Day 1 Day-and-Date releases prior, specifically MP GaaS-style titles. TLOU 2 Factions will 100% be one of those.

S0ULZB0URNE

Have you even seen the GeForce leaks? Horizon: Forbidden West is mentioned, so is Demon's Souls Remake (definitely not a PS4 game). Those are definitely coming to PC, probably at or close to the leaked timeframes as well going by the Uncharted Collection leak vs. announcement.

Just accept that a PS launcher is eventually going to come to PC, and Sony are eventually going to figure a method to put all 1P games there Day 1 (which they can do without jeopardizing profits from console hardware sales or losing out on 3P software sales. In fact in case of the former they can potentially make more profit from the launcher since they don't have to spend money on BOM costs and shipping logistics for console hardware).

It'll be gradual though, I don't see a launcher coming until 2025 or later. But they'll have at least a couple Day 1 Day-and-Date releases prior, specifically MP GaaS-style titles. TLOU 2 Factions will 100% be one of those.
So nothings announced?
Gotcha

So nothings announced?
Gotcha
Lack of official announcements didn't stop the Abandoned hype train, did it? 😉

Besides, this isn't even about specific games, but a general business strategy that Sony themselves have been easing into. Not a great leap to assume a launcher could be part of those plans, with good probability.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Which part?

HZD is absolutely gorgeous on PC right now and plays great specially with the recent DLSS implementation. It's arguably the best version.
Days Gone is also a great port and runs at Native 4K if you have the PC for it.
God of War will also have DLSS.

I'll agree that the difference is not night and day, they look and play great on PS5 but their PC version is by no means inferior my friend.
I'll go as far as saying they are doing a better job than MS who for some reason completely ignores DLSS.

HZD is absolutely gorgeous on PC right now and plays great specially with the recent DLSS implementation. It's arguably the best version.
Days Gone is also a great port and runs at Native 4K if you have the PC for it.
God of War will also have DLSS.

I'll agree that the difference is not night and day, they look and play great on PS5 but their PC version is by no means inferior my friend.
I'll go as far as saying they are doing a better job than MS who for some reason completely ignores DLSS.
I remember constant complaining about the PC ports for those games you listed FFVII Remake too.

Midn1ght

I remember constant complaining about the PC ports for those games you listed FFVII Remake too.
There's always a few things to iron out after release, more often than not on PC which, with so many different computer out there, is logical I guess. Most games with issues get fixed within a few months usually.
HZD definitely had a few issues at launch but now it's a fantastic port.
About the prices, you can always find deals around, I paid less than 15€ for Horizon and you can preorder GOW for around 30 on cdkeys. I'm sure it will be in the 20' two or three months from now.
FFVII is definitely a let down but that's Square Enix not Sony. Still look and play great when you fix it with a few mods apparently.

So far Sony and their Studios have done a fantastic post launch job with their games on PC. That's a great surprise and hopefully the trend continues with GOW and Uncharted early next year.

Top Bottom