• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Jr, Rengoku, Coded Arms = $30; Polarium = $15; Geist = $40 @ Fry's

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/RopAds.aspx?adv=32664&ad=1929534

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8434267.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8433942.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8433963.gif.gif
39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8433966.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8433968.gif.gif
39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8433970.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8433972.gif.gif
39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8433973.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8433974.gif.gif
39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8433976.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C8434009.gif.gif

hyp

hey thanks wario. i was looking for a fry's sale in your previous post but hey, i guess it deserved a thread of its own =].

do you know if they're selling the DS for 129.99 yet?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
All their sales are always in-store only?

Not online?

Thats terrible, I've never even heard of the chain.... where is it located?
Their games are always cheaper.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
all of my fry's threads are always in store in the bay area. prices may vary from other locations but they're usually the same

outpost.com is their online site. sometimes the deals may be offer online, most of the time they're not

Drensch

So let me get this straight. No Fry's in Ohio. Yet, outpost.com has their warehouse here, and I get charged sales tax on their orders but can't get the sweet ass in store deals. Dammit! Build stores in Ohio.

John Harker said:
All their sales are always in-store only?

Not online?

There are currently 7 stores in Northern California, 8 stores in Southern California, 8 stores in Texas, 2 stores in Arizona, and 1 store each in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, Oregon and Washington.

ChrisReid

Wario64 said:
Haha, I missed one important game. Nintendogs.

Yay!

Spencerr said:
No AW DS sale, no sale.

Yeah, since Nintendogs is discounted, I doubt they'll do Advance Wars, but that'd be great.

John Harker said:

They are always cheaper.. but how would you know that if you've never even heard of the chain?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
each fry's location is based on a theme too

http://www.frys.com/

Each store carries its own unique theme.

In Northern California:
- Campbell's ancient Egyptian theme displays King Tut tombs.
- Concord is the newest addition to the Bay Area market.
- Fremont's 1893 World's Fair theme is a flashback to the first city powered by electricity.
- Palo Alto steps straight out of the old wild, wild west.
- San Jose pays tribute to the first astronomers, the Mayans, with settings from Chichenitza.
- Sunnyvale reflects the history of the Silicon Valley.

In Southern California:
- Anaheim places you on the NASA flight deck for the Endeavor Space Shuttle, complete with launches on big screens all weekend long.
- Burbank pulls you back in time to the 1950's with a retro-space theme from Hollywood, complete with little green Martians and Gort, the robot.
- City of Industry pays tribute to the industrial revolution with bigger-than-life gears.
- Fountain Valley hails the ruins of ancient Rome, complete with a flowing aqueduct.
- Manhattan Beach takes you to Tahiti with sculpted lava tiki heads and its own rain forest.
- San Marcos takes you to Atlantis, with its aquariums, exotic fish, and waterfalls.
- Woodland Hills is a page out of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland storybook, with 10 to 15-foot high figurines of the story characters.

In Texas:
- Austin is a tribute to the city's reputation as the "Live Music Capital of the World."
- Dallas allows you to experience the Lazy-K ranch, complete with a herd of longhorn cattle.
- Houston lets you view the history of Texas oil, complete with oil derricks.
- Irving pays tribute to its history, which is depicted throughout the store on mural-size photos.
- Plano shows how the railroad impacted the development of this thriving area.
- South Houston honors the city's rich pioneer heritage.
- Webster's murals depict the history of space exploration together with a scale replica of the international space station.

In Arizona:
- Phoenix is a journey into an ancient Aztec temple.

In Illinois:
- Downers Grove displays historical pictures of the train station, the Downer Family and local business sites throughout the store.

In Indiana:
- Fishers pays tribute to the origins of the pre-1960’s Indy Speedway.

In Nevada:
- Las Vegas reflects the history of "The Strip."

In Washington:
- Renton reflects past historical events.

The Sacramento, San Diego, Concord, Tempe, Wilsonville and Arlington stores are all works in progress.

Wario64 said:
each fry's location is based on a theme too

In Texas:
- Austin is a tribute to the city's reputation as the "Live Music Capital of the World."
- Dallas allows you to experience the Lazy-K ranch, complete with a herd of longhorn cattle.
- Houston lets you view the history of Texas oil, complete with oil derricks.
- Irving pays tribute to its history, which is depicted throughout the store on mural-size photos.
- Plano shows how the railroad impacted the development of this thriving area.
- South Houston honors the city's rich pioneer heritage.
- Webster's murals depict the history of space exploration together with a scale replica of the international space station.

Ah.. interesting.. Dallas has a big herd of cattle when u walk into the door above the doors in a balcony area and its got sounds of a guy whipping them and there mooing and the inside is decorated in old wood look like you walked into a saloon..

Plano is next to a railroad track and its really fancy, and is all marble inside with a grand piano playing all across the store old westernish festive music and has a restraunt in the middle (plano is the prissy city of the DFW area)

Irving its true there are murals everyhwere :)

Nice tidbits there :) Thanks

Tarazet

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I just picked up Death Jr. today.

It's not THAT bad, come on. To me, the worst parts are the really dark graphics which result some major ghosting. Other than that, the game gives me a MAJOR mini Devil May Cry vibe. You can switch from guns to sword on the fly, there are combos....the gameplay feels similar. I'm not very far, but I am enjoying the game so far.

It's so extremely rare the first title shown for any particular console to ever actually make it out that I suppose I could just be in shock.

I may just be excessively picky, but this game is barely playable. I rented it and 15 minutes later I was ready to take it back. For one thing, it's so relentlessly black that it's almost impossible to play in anything but complete darkness, even on the PSP's highest brightness setting. And once you get yourself into the basement so you can make out what's happening on-screen, you'll be treated to a festival of cheap hits and deaths, a half-assed combo system, and horrible targeting.

Tarazet

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Agreed on the first count. The game is too black. The brighter areas are much more enjoyable by virtue of the fact you can actually see them.

On the other hand, I disagree with you regarding the cheap hits and combo system complaint. I actually think they are pretty fun. Are they simplistic? Yeah, relatively. However, I have found enough ways to mix it up and provide some basic variety.

If I have any complaints about the controls, they are camera related. Pressing L SNAPS the camera back behind DJ instead of simply moving it, creating an awkward and disorienting effect. The targeting system is a little too loose in my opinion. The whole "use the scythe to rachet your way up another notch" is fundamentally broken as it is not reliable and hence not usable. You shouldn't have to rely on luck in a platformer.

That said, I find it to be a fun-- if not overly lighthearted-- romp. I'm enjoying it. My complaints are relatively minor and I feel the game could be easily fixed if they just varied the color palette.

Is there something wrong with the PSP's color selection? Why is every game dark black and gray?

I took DJ back to BB, told them it was broken and exchanged it so I can give Zelda TWW another whirl... I have the same complaint about Xbox games as far as color palette. At least I can play Wind Waker on my LCD before 7 pm.

Top Bottom