• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Available August 23 with PC Game Pass

Still an overrated game but game pass folks can try it without paying 40 dollars. Win win. This has all the features of the directors cut. They just can't call it the director's cut for some legal reason.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Actually, it looks like this is the Director's Cut without calling it the Director's Cut.

From the 505 link adamsapple adamsapple sent:

"This includes high frame rate, photo mode, hard mode and cross over content from familiar franchises such as Half-Life and Cyberpunk 2077."

From Death Stranding Director's Cut Steam page:

DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT on PC includes HIGH FRAME RATE, PHOTO MODE and ULTRA-WIDE MONITOR SUPPORT. Also includes cross-over content from Valve Corporation’s HALF-LIFE series and CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk 2077. Stay connected with players around the globe with the Social Strand System™.

Good eye.

Chukhopops

Actually, it looks like this is the Director's Cut without calling it the Director's Cut.

"This includes high frame rate, photo mode, hard mode and cross over content from familiar franchises such as Half-Life and Cyberpunk 2077."

DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT on PC includes HIGH FRAME RATE, PHOTO MODE and ULTRA-WIDE MONITOR SUPPORT. Also includes cross-over content from Valve Corporation’s HALF-LIFE series and CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk 2077. Stay connected with players around the globe with the Social Strand System™.
Curious if they removed the HZD stuff like holographic tallstriders (the big giraffe robots) since they don’t mention it.

sainraja

Sony owns the IP and rights on console, likely never happening.
Well, Sony has been making some unusual moves this generation so wouldn't completely rule it out lol. I thought MS was heading that way and got chewed up by MS fanboys but maybe its Sony. We shall see how it unfolds.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Good game about to become a bad game and a bad game about to become a good game.
Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

P.S. It will always be a good and unique game.

tmlDan

Well, Sony has been making some unusual moves this generation so wouldn't completely rule it out lol. I thought MS was heading that way and got chewed up by MS fanboys but maybe its Sony. We shall see how it unfolds.
That's why I said likely, never say absolute nevers in this day and age lol

Banned
if Microsoft is really clever they will make it run on xCloud somehow, which would make it easily playable on Xbox systems as well

currently xCloud exclusively has games running on Xbox hardware, so most likely not happening.

Inuteu

Still an overrated game but game pass folks can try it without paying 70 dollars. Win win. This has all the features of the directors cut. They just can't call it the director's cut for some legal reason.
Its a silly name anyway. Kojima made the game with total freedom then release a directors cut? lol

Topher

Gold Member
Death stranding was never 59.99 plus taxes? Ever? really? Did it launch for cheap at 39 bucks?

Still doesn't equate to $70. Regardless, you were saying Game Pass would save folks from paying $70 when factually that is false. The game is $39.99 on Steam.

Still an overrated game but game pass folks can try it without paying 70 dollars.

Last edited:
Still doesn't equate to $70. Regardless, you were saying Game Pass would save folks from paying $70 when factually that is false. The game is $39.99 on Steam.
Jesus christ. Ok fine. You don't have to pay 39.99+tax at this present monent on August 19 2022 to try it on pc game pass. Are you happy now. fucks sake. Insanity.

Infamy v1

but I thought sony blocked games from coming to gamepass? Gary Whitta said so 🤥

Actually, Microsoft said Sony blocks games from Game Pass, in the court documents. Followed by multiple lines of redacted statements that we cannot see (I wonder what games were listed; we only know of RE8 so far).

But since you're obviously deflecting, I'd also like to point out that it was 505games that allowed this to come to Game Pass. They own the PC publishing rights even though Sony owns the IP. There is a reason Kojima, KojiPro_EN and 505 games are tweeting, promoting and congratulating this deal and Sony is as quiet as a mouse on the subject. 🤭

Last edited:

This is directly from the announcement page on Xbox.com

"Windows 10/11 PC gamers can expect such features as ultrawide mode, photo mode, high frame rate, and cross-over content from some very well-known franchises. "

So I think you are 100% correct.

I just started this on my ps4 pro through plus a couple of weeks ago. I'm about halfway through but if we get confirmation that the rest of DC features are in the GP version then I will start over.

Topher

Gold Member
I don't understand why you are bothered that much when you failed to get the point of my message. PC game pass users don't have to pay XX.XX to try the game besides the low cost of your GPU subscription.

I don't understand why you are bothered so much by being corrected on the price of the game. There is a big difference between paying $40 and paying $70. It is ok to admit you were wrong and move on.

Topher

Gold Member
Actually, Microsoft said Sony blocks games from Game Pass, in the court documents. Followed by multiple lines of redacted statements that we cannot see (I wonder what games were listed; we only know of RE8 so far).

Below is the translated section talking about this. There is no indication that the redacted parts list games at all.

SnwHGC1.png

Spider-Man coming to gamepass? Huge win if true.

Good God, the meltdowns from a Spider-Man game pass announcement would be unholy. I'm not sure modern GAF could handle it 😂

I doubt that would be the case since Sony is the publisher on the console version.
This happened before with ME1. Published by MS but later ported to PS3 by EA.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Below is the translated section talking about this. There is no indication that the redacted parts list games at all.

SnwHGC1.png

It could be anything, but conventional wisdom states that the redacted lines may have some examples that they have shown to the court documents.

Obviously they wouldn't want these names and their terms to go out in public, hence the redaction. Because they've already stated the blocking part, so it's not like they're hiding that fact at least.

Whatever gets Kojima to keep produing and directing is a plus in my book, and I don't even like his horrifyingly written games. The bigger the audiance for unique titles/visions, the better!
I wish I had a powerful enough PC; Would enable me to play both PC and GP titles on it...
How much would it cost to get a decent enough rig nowadays?

Last edited:

Original game have all of these...

Topher

Gold Member
It could be anything, but conventional wisdom states that the redacted lines may have some examples that they have shown to the court documents.

Obviously they wouldn't want these names and their terms to go out in public, hence the redaction. Because they've already stated the blocking part, so it's not like they're hiding that fact at least.

Maybe. Maybe not. We have no idea what was redacted.

Mr Moose

So what's different about the Director's Cut?

New Delivery Order! Enhanced and expanded content

Death Stranding Director’s Cut is packed with a ton of new content and enhanced gameplay features. We are introducing more weapons, equipment and vehicles, a variety of new modes, missions and areas to explore, expanded storylines, and enhancements to the UI. We will also be adding new online features including Friend Play and Leaderboards, more news on that coming soon!
It's the OG game ^

Top Bottom