• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding: Director's Cut is coming to PC and will be one of the first titles to support Intel's new upscaling technology XeSS

ssringo

I didn't pay attention to the console release but looking through the changes/additions it seems the $10 asking price was fair. I'd be okay with the same upgrade price for the PC version.

Not to say I wouldn't appreciate a free upgrade but let's be real. That ain't happening. Happy to be wrong though!

kyliethicc

More Nvidia leak info coming true. Think it had a March release date, so we'll see.

You know DF cant wait. The video should be DLSS vs FSR vs Checkerboard Rendering vs XeSS.
The Director's Cut doesn't use checkerboard rendering on PS5. Its native 2160p or 1800p, depending on mode.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Lots of devs on PC just straight up give you the new version for free if you bought the previous one.
I remember getting Bioshock 1/2 Remastered, Dead Island/Riptide Definitive Editions and Ori Definitive Edition for free on Steam.
Borderlands Enhanced and Metro 2033/Last Light Redux as well I believe.

Square Enix never gives you shit of course, had to buy Sleeping Dog Definitive Edition even tho I already had the first version.

Wonder what Kojima will do with this one...

200.gif

geary

Death Stranding Director's Cut Ultimate Enhanced Definitive Game of the Year Fan Choice for PC

Holammer

Nice. I've been holding off playing it, waiting for the DE first.
In the second Geforce Now datamine it was slated for a 2022-03-01 release.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Store page is up.

Nice. I have some mixed feelings about me spending money on DS lol.
I played it on release new on ps4 slim. Amazing game.
Then I've bought it late on pc. 4k120, dlss 3080 - nice. BUt only played a bit since DC was announced.
Then I've bought 10usd upgrade for disc version on ps5. Not played that one yet :p

So now it's ps5 vs pc. PC is 4k120, dlss/intelAA, ps5 is dualsense, 3d audio, shaking the damn baby.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
More Nvidia leak info coming true. Think it had a March release date, so we'll see.

The Director's Cut doesn't use checkerboard rendering on PS5. Its native 2160p or 1800p, depending on mode.
That Nvidia leak is goIng to be fairly prolific in the future when we look back on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom