• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Pre-order Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Tomorrow is in your hands. From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima comes a genre-defying experience, now expanded and remastered for the PlayStation®5 console in the definitive Director’s Cut.

Out September 24, 2021. Pre-order now at: store.playstation.com/concept/234585

In the future, a mysterious event known as the DEATH STRANDING has opened a doorway between the living and the dead, leading to grotesque creatures from the afterlife roaming the fallen world marred by a desolate society.

Take on the trials of Sam Bridges with advanced combat, explore new locations with extra missions and minigames, experience an extended storyline and much more.
Find out more at: playstation.com/games/death-stranding-directors-cut

MrS

Banned
they've literally added loads, they deserve the extra money for their hard work, don't be a jackass
Sorry but they haven't. Fragile Circuit?! Cmon man. Looks like there will be minimal new story content which is the most disappointing thing.

Where's the upgrade info too? Every other game shown today has a new article on the PS blog aside from DS. I wonder why.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
IntentionalPun IntentionalPun lets goooo.

tenor.gif

Javthusiast

Banned
So all the loyal ps4 customers don't get the dlc content they can purchase?

Man fuck this shit. I wanna give them money for it and no ps5 for purchase in sight. And just in general this shit should easily run on ps4, that's just throwing money and goodwill away.

DonJorginho

Banned
Sorry but they haven't. Fragile Circuit?! Cmon man.

Where's the upgrade info too? Every other game has an article about on PS blog aside from DS.
New Boss Battles and special enemy encounters

New ways of traversing and fighting enemies which allow many more hours of gameplay

firing range to test out new gadgets and weapons

New Story Missions

New fun side activities like Fragile Circuit

you lot don't wanna buy it then don't, but I'm beyond hyped, there's more than enough reason for me to buy it day one!

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I didn't play the game yet, but would be interesting in trying it for super cheap down the road. Some of the stuff added actually seemed significant.

I really want it. I looooove DS...but I just can't bring myself to pay for a game I own digitally and already played. If it was DLC thats one thing, but upgrades behind a paywall is something I just can't support.

arvfab

Banned
I hope they offer some kind of upgrade possibilities, otherwise I will wait until it costs as much as a DLC (~15/20€), if at all.

kyliethicc

Store page is up. Blog too.

Only $10 upgrade from DS PS4 to DSDC deluxe PS5.

KqnwPyo.jpg

$50 for reg. $60 for deluxe.

checkerboard 4K @ 60
native 4K @ 30
DualSense
3D audio
instant loads

new story
new game mechanics

saxukHj.jpg

iWGH6Vg.jpg

And Kojima made Mario Kart Stranding.

4u9LdMU.jpg

wsrOtrr.jpg

Last edited:

Outlier

Hmmmm.... As someone who dislikes the original game, this looks more interesting of an experience.

The inclusion of "racing" and E-bike jump should mean that they actually improved the physics.

Hope it's at least a more engaging game.

kyliethicc

i think it'll follow the Ghosts formula. Sell the game for $70 with all the confusing different tiers

Free upgrade? If not, anyone rebuying it is an idiot.

I hope they offer some kind of upgrade possibilities, otherwise I will wait until it costs as much as a DLC (~15/20€), if at all.

I'll pay $60 for it again just to ensure I'm a certified "idiot".

$10 upgrade if you own DS on PS4. And you get the deluxe edition on PS5. Not confusing.

Dualsense support?
Yes. Haptics and triggers.

MaKTaiL

Store page is up. Blog too.

Only $10 upgrade from DS PS4 to DSDC deluxe PS5.

KqnwPyo.jpg

$50 for reg. $60 for deluxe.

checkerboard 4K @ 60
native 4K @ 30
DualSense
3D audio

new story
new game mechanics

saxukHj.jpg

iWGH6Vg.jpg

And Kojima made Mario Kart Stranding.

4u9LdMU.jpg
They forgot to remove the "Ultra-wide support" text which is likely for the PC version, lol.

Top Bottom