• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Pre-order Trailer

MrS

Banned
People will still try to justify 30 and 70 dollars for that Joke of Tsushima upgrade. This is how it should be!
To be fair, GoT has an expansion while DS only has a few extra story missions. Different situations lets be real.

I wanted to give him at least $50 for this, best game produced on Earth! $10 is too cheap to my "IDIOT" standards.
Get that fuckin avatar changed jesus wept.

Last edited:

Dr Kaneda

To be fair, GoT has an expansion while DS only has a few extra story missions. Different situations lets be real.
But Ghost is charging $10 to upgrade to just PS5 features like dualsense, 4k and ssd. All those as well as ALL the additional content are included in DS for $10.

Reactions: MrS

ethomaz

Banned
WRT is a directors cut in a video game?

Did some editor leave a bunch of scenes on the editing room floor?

Not a fan of this terminology. Same with GOT
Some planned things get out from the final release.
So yes now they are developing these ideias and releasing it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Really weird not 4k120 or native 4k60... Unless they pump other graphical upgrades.
It does not take much to run 4k120 on pc.
That said. I own it on ps and steam so I will pay 10usd

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

People will still try to justify 30 and 70 dollars for that Joke of Tsushima upgrade. This is how it should be!
Don't get me wrong, I loved Ghost of Tsushima, and will gladly buy the Director's Cut as well..... just at a later date. 👀

I understand GoT is a newer title than DS, but still. $30 for an upgrade of a game that multiple people conquered inside & out is a bit much.

I'll get this DS upgrade at launch, won't be doing that for GoT's.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I loved almost every part of the game, the awful boss fights with Mad's character was AIDS level bad though, the game wasn't designed at all for the level of combat they were asking for.

The story was pretty amazing too. It's not something I'd ever want to play again though, especially not pay for. I'll check out the videos of new content on youtube when it's out.

dcmk7

Banned
Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

kyliethicc

If this is the Director's Cut? Does that mean Kojima had no control over the original? :unsure:
Go to 1 min 35 seconds.

Everything Kojima wanted was in the PS4 game. Everything they're adding to Director's Cut was made after the original game had shipped. They wanted to add new content for a PS5 remaster, not just visuals and framerate.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Huh, so it's just a Director's Cut in name only.

Should have called it Special Edition or something.
Yeah. Like with The Lords of the Rings Extended Editions. Peter Jackson, director, prefers the regular shorter theatrical cuts of the films. So he didn't want the longer cuts called "Director's Cut."

Sony are just using it as a marketing term really.

Last edited:
Hopefully this comes to PC soon. I have the PS4 version and the PC version but no PS5 yet.

The new stuff looks great, really excited about the new construction and traversal stuff

Bartski

Gold Member
great to hear all the new stuff can be accessed without replaying the whole game, all I needed to know. Curious if my epic zip line network is still standing

Bridges

Haven't had the chance to watch the video, any word on if save data transfers over? Or will you have to start a new game for the director's cut content?

GrayChild

Gold Member
Day 1 when it comes to PC.

Considering that version is distributed by 505 Games (who were responsible for the whole Control debacle), I hope us Steam users will get the same benefits.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Buy any version of Death Stranding for PS4 to get the Death Stranding Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for PS5 for the same price mentioned above.***

***Owners of a PS4 disc copy must insert the disc into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital version of the game (which you can then play while your PS4 disc is in the drive). PS4 game disc owners who buy the PS5 Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5 version of the game for the discounted price.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

SilentUser

Well, guess I will buy DS for PS5 later this year. Never played it, but curious about this game since the PS4 reveal.

SilentUser

This Q&A says the upgrade path is for digital edition. No mention of upgrading your physical copies a la Borderlands 3 and FF7.

Unless I understood you wrong, they mentioned it on PS Blog: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...ectors-cut-launches-on-ps5-september-24-2021/

Buy any version of Death Stranding for PS4 to get the Death Stranding Director’s Cut Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade for PS5 for the same price mentioned above.***

***Owners of a PS4 disc copy must insert the disc into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital version of the game (which you can then play while your PS4 disc is in the drive). PS4 game disc owners who buy the PS5 Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5 version of the game for the discounted price.

SlimySnake

Unless I understood you wrong, they mentioned it on PS Blog: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...ectors-cut-launches-on-ps5-september-24-2021/

lol i literally just edited my post with the ps blog info and still missed the footnotes. Thanks for clearing this up!

SlimySnake

death stranding accroding to techpowerup is 56fps 4k on 5700xt, they could give as insomniac 40fps 120hz mode
hell, just do an unlocked framereate mode. i played gow at 45-55 fps and had no issues. i can do 56 fps.

eventually sony will support vrr so that would be a perfect mode for that.

Top Bottom