• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding is coming to Game Pass on PC

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If anything it's people who had no interest in the game before all of a sudden finding some comfort and a lot of interest it's coming to gamepass:

Boy, I really hope you're not talking about me, cause I've had the PS4 version since launch day. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

123ugeu6.png

Maybe don't come off overly aggressive in your posts ?

Three

Boy, I really hope you're not talking about me, cause I've had the PS4 version since launch day. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

123ugeu6.png

Maybe don't come off overly aggressive in your posts ?
Wasn't being aggressive or worked up. Maybe look at onevenus posts for who was worked up over nothing and aggression.

I just didn't see the relevance of your or Goalus' post to my reply to onevenus. Not like I had a problem with more people enjoying what you called "a boring AF" game before. I'm not sure where you got that idea from.

onesvenus

I'm not really getting worked up. Was just replying to an xbox guy who was upset over nothing
Love how not being a blind PlayStation fan makes me an Xbot. I've bought and play two PS5 regularly since launch. I'm sure that should make me less of a fanboy that someone who only plays on one console, shouldn't it?

Saying Sony allowed a PC version somehow resulted in being called a fanboy and told I can't read but it's cool
Well, you don't have proof of that. Having no proof and making claims is what makes a fanboy a fanboy.

Maybe look at onevenus posts for who was worked up over nothing and aggression.
I mean, you were the one calling me a fanboy but everyone has been able to see with their own eyes.

Anyway, I'll stop here.

Three

Love how not being a blind PlayStation fan makes me an Xbot. I've bought and play two PS5 regularly since launch. I'm sure that should make me less of a fanboy that someone who only plays on one console, shouldn't it?

Well, you don't have proof of that. Having no proof and making claims is what makes a fanboy a fanboy.

I mean, you were the one calling me a fanboy but everyone has been able to see with their own eyes.

Anyway, I'll stop here.
Owning consoles has nothing to do with being a fanboy or not. The most crazy fanboys are the ones who see the need to point out they own this or that to try and excuse the things that they say. I can play every game out there on the systems that I own. The machines aren't important to me like it is to you.

So you then. This was actually what was funny about your reply to me here and what I was referring to in my post.

In the other thread you used the fact that gamepass had no big third party games this year as evidence for Sony strongarming literally all of them third parties out there to not release on gamepass. You were asking me for evidence there that this wasn't the case when it was obvious that Sony wouldn't have that kind of power over the third parties out there.

Then when a big game that Sony actually own the IP and engine to comes to gamepass you suggest Sony couldn't do anything anyway and you're asking for evidence again that it could. You don't make sense.

Anyway, I'll stop here.

Only after this nugget of yours. your first reply to me:
Look how many fanboys were wrong again:

“Matters relating to the PC release of Death Stranding are managed by Kojima Productions and 505 Games. SIE has no involvement in this promotion.”

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
well-so-im-done.gif

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Microsoft needs to release Starfield before I resubscribe to Gamepass PC. Death Stranding won't make me subscribe to any gaming service.
It probably shouldn't.

Nor should any other game, in order to get value from a subscription you need to be interested in multiple games, otherwise you are better off just buying the 1 game you are interested in.

pasterpl

I still think this game is f*cking borefest. I have preordered limited edition and tried it on my PS4pro and I couldn’t bare it. I believe that this game is still overrated garbage. Just to add, I never liked kojima games so unless he comes up with new concept that will be resonating with me I dont consider him great game maker.

Kagey K

Banned
I still think this game is f*cking borefest. I have preordered limited edition and tried it on my PS4pro and I couldn’t bare it. I believe that this game is still overrated garbage. Just to add, I never liked kojima games so unless he comes up with new concept that will be resonating with me I dont consider him great game maker.
It has to be a right place, right time thing for him, because I don't get it either.

If I want to watch someone smell thier own farts I'll pick some shitty Oscar bait movie. The only thing of his I kind of enjoyed was the original Metal Gear Solid, and I had to convince myself it wasn't crap most of the time I was playing it.

Kagey K

Banned
To be fair, most people on this planet forgot that game existed.
If it was a PS exclusive it would probably be 95 across the board.

It was (and still is) a great game and the fact ppl deride it because it wasn't on PS is a travesty to thier game designers.

If you want to give them shit for a game use Fuze instead.

Last edited:

drganon

It eas a great game and the fact ppl deride it because it wasn't on PS is a travesty to thier game designers.

I played it, though it sucked.There's a reason its forgotten. Has nothing to do with the console it was released on.

Kagey K

Banned
I played it, though it sucked.There's a reason its forgotten. Has nothing to do with the console it was released on.
Opinions are like ashholes.

I disagree, with your assessment, neither one of us are "right"

Personally for me it was better than Infamous and Prototype, which are really the 2 most similar games out at the time.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Damn man don't get so worked up over small things like this, more people get to play the game, everyone wins .
Everyone could always play it. PS4 slims were 200usd new in 2017.
It’s only stubbornness that stopped people from enjoying best games.
It’s only a cost of free subs :p

Topher

Gold Member

Personally for me it was better than Infamous and Prototype, which are really the 2 most similar games out at the time.

Which is funny considering Sunset Overdrive had a slightly better metacritic score than Infamous Second Son. So much for that theory being PS5 exclusive automatically bumps scores into the 90s, huh?

Jimmy Fallon Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Not everyone needs a jet heater in thier house.

Are you going to personally give everyone that couldn't afford a console one in 2022?

It's only 200 usd.

Last edited:

daninthemix

Damn it, I'm late. But I'm here now. And I have a big-ass tub of popcorn and a comfy chair.

Right - carry on (munch)

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Not everyone needs a jet heater in thier house.

Are you going to personally give everyone that couldn't afford a console one in 2022?

It's only 200 usd.
PS4 slim was silent and cool.
I am just saying that if you hobby is gaming, setting aside 200 just to play some exclusives should be a simple choice

nikos

Finally bought the Director's Cut update for Steam and started the game for the third time. I'm getting these packages delivered this time.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It literally says they have no involvement and the matters relating to the PC version are solely at Koji Pro and 505's discretion. They may have tried, but they have no standing to block this version it seems.
I think what he meant was Sony could just have unloaded a truck full of money to kojima to block it.

We don't know if they tried though. I doubt it since they don't see pc as a competitor since its not the same segment who usually buys a console,so it would be money wasted.

Also, Sony releases games on pc now.

The_Mike

Imagine how many great games you could buy for 200 usd instead.

The_Mike

Nothing better than getting ps4 slim and bloodborne in 2017... and tons of other exclusives that were already cheap around 2017
Can't agree.
Bought a PS4 plus TLOU, collection dust and never completed the game.

sendit

It probably shouldn't.

Nor should any other game, in order to get value from a subscription you need to be interested in multiple games, otherwise you are better off just buying the 1 game you are interested in.

Not really. Gamepass PC is 9 dollars a month, no contracts. Why would you buy a game for 60-70 dollars knowing full well its going to be on game pass?

Last edited:

yamaci17

btw this is clearly the base version, as I've said it would be before (since I said that very hard diff. and cyberpunk and half life content was already added to the base game version of DS and it is not an indicative of this version being director's cut)

my suspicions were true, we got the base version. without even jumping into the game, I checked the settings and it has FidelityFX CAS toggle on the PC Game Pass version. The background of the main menu is also the classic version.

pDzgz4u.jpg

this is how it looks like on director's cut;

U6yFI9p.jpg

since Director's Cut saves are not backwards comptabiel with base version, my hopes of getting free achivements are diminished :D

heck, even the DLSS version is ancient:

FFhHQJH.jpg

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
btw this is clearly the base version, as I've said it would be before (since I said that very hard diff. and cyberpunk and half life content was already added to the base game version of DS and it is not an indicative of this version being director's cut)

my suspicions were true, we got the base version. without even jumping into the game, I checked the settings and it has FidelityFX CAS toggle on the PC Game Pass version. The background of the main menu is also the classic version.

pDzgz4u.jpg

this is how it looks like on director's cut;

U6yFI9p.jpg

since Director's Cut saves are not backwards comptabiel with base version, my hopes of getting free achivements are diminished :D

heck, even the DLSS version is ancient:

FFhHQJH.jpg
It also talks about exporting your save file to the director’s cut in the options.

dorkimoe

My main question is can i skip cutscenes? I know being a kojima game its going to be 99% nonsense cutscenes, i just want to experience the gameplay or is it not worth it?

Banned
My main question is can i skip cutscenes? I know being a kojima game its going to be 99% nonsense cutscenes, i just want to experience the gameplay or is it not worth it?

yes you can, like in every kojima game.

the gameplay is very... unusual... if you enjoy inventory management, planning routes and gathering resources to build paths + sprinkled in stealth and action elements (with boss fights), then you might like it.

I really like it because it is so different from the usual homogenised AAA titles.

Last edited:
Everyone who haven’t tried this should give it a few hours, it starts pretty slow but once you start getting into it and understand how to use all tools and equipment it gets highly addictive and the story is great.

I'm up to the point where Madam President jumped out of bed when Norman Reedus said she was the President of Jack Shit.
I know I've seen probly 1 percent of the game, But I think I'm already done with it's story.
If I have to sit through one more scene of invisable walking hands, I'm going to just skip it.
These cut scenes are excruciating, they just go on, and on, and on.

I think I might have access to this game on the PS5 through PS+? If so Is it worth starting over on the PS5? My PC works and plays it fine but the cooling fans noise are overwhelming.
I know I need a new PC but waiting for it to die really.

Chukhopops

I'm up to the point where Madam President jumped out of bed when Norman Reedus said she was the President of Jack Shit.
I know I've seen probly 1 percent of the game, But I think I'm already done with it's story.
If I have to sit through one more scene of invisable walking hands, I'm going to just skip it.
These cut scenes are excruciating, they just go on, and on, and on.

I think I might have access to this game on the PS5 through PS+? If so Is it worth starting over on the PS5? My PC works and plays it fine but the cooling fans noise are overwhelming.
I know I need a new PC but waiting for it to die really.
If you don’t enjoy the cutscenes I don’t think you can really enjoy the game, plus you won’t understand shit about the story and the ending sequence is several hours of long cutscenes.

Just drop it imo if you’re at this point.

It was (and still is) a great game and the fact ppl deride it because it wasn't on PS is a travesty to thier game designers.

It's full out there of forgotten games, even if good. Nothing to do about exclusives imo

vivftp

I want to play death standing 2 on pc game pass. What the word on 505 publishing the pc version

It's quite likely Sony would've opted to publish it themselves now that they've got a focus on PC gaming. That focus wasn't there back in 2016 when they signed Kojima so he was able to find an external publisher to put the game on PC.

It's quite likely Sony would've opted to publish it themselves now that they've got a focus on PC gaming. That focus wasn't there back in 2016 when they signed Kojima so he was able to find an external publisher to put the game on PC.
Thats why I was asking if it was confirmed either way. Maybe Sony has a contractual agreement kojima can't say anything about 505 until after a year or so.

vivftp

Thats why I was asking if it was confirmed either way. Maybe Sony has a contractual agreement kojima can't say anything about 505 until after a year or so.

This info isn't known and likely won't be known for a very long time, possibly after the game ships on PS5.

Top Bottom