• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop coming to gamepass September 20

Fredrik

Played on PC for about 15 minutes then I had to stop from motion sickness. Set headbop to 0 but no difference. No idea what it’s doing but this sure ain’t for me. Will try for a bit on PS5 just to experience dualsense.

Jaybe

Played on PC for about 15 minutes then I had to stop from motion sickness. Set headbop to 0 but no difference. No idea what it’s doing but this sure ain’t for me. Will try for a bit on PS5 just to experience dualsense.
I put the Bob to 0 too. You could try to take motion blur off. I did. I think there are two settings for it but it might be just one. Also the FOV is defaulted to 80 but perhaps bumping that up may help.

I think the PC version supports the DualSense features as well. Either way, the use of the DualSense in this game is great.
Does it? Seemed like most games didn't. I don’t have first-hand experience as the only "gaming PC" I currently own is the SteamDeck.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Does it? Seemed like most games didn't. I don’t have first-hand experience as the only "gaming PC" I currently own is the SteamDeck.
It works but has to be wired I believe. I've not tried it yet as I'm keyboard and mouse. What does it do that cool? Might give it a go.

bootaski

Has anybody here tried the game on PS5? It keeps crashing on the first loading screen. The only way I was able to play it last night was to disconnect from wifi. Apparently this is happening to a lot of PS5 players, on deathloop reddit. I hope the devs do something, I want to do invasions.

Chukhopops

This is the first game to tell me that my 2060 doesn’t have enough VRAM to run at 1440p medium settings. Brutal but I guess it’s time for an upgrade.

Delete Old Man GIF

Js562

Has anybody here tried the game on PS5? It keeps crashing on the first loading screen. The only way I was able to play it last night was to disconnect from wifi. Apparently this is happening to a lot of PS5 players, on deathloop reddit. I hope the devs do something, I want to do invasions.
That's the Deathloop lol

This is the first game to tell me that my 2060 doesn’t have enough VRAM to run at 1440p medium settings. Brutal but I guess it’s time for an upgrade.

Delete Old Man GIF

Really? I've seen some 1440p gameplay on a 2060 and it should run at around 60 FPS on High/Ultra while using 5 GB of VRAM.

Last edited:

emilegc

I can't play Dishonored because of this.

G-Bus

Banned

Played for an hour this morning with no issues.

Ozriel

M$FT
I have eyes. Graphics and artstyle are shit and the gameplay loop looks boring af. To be expected of a rogue like I guess.

It's a typical 7/10 looking game that had the most unconvincing media darling reviews I've ever seen.

So there you have it.
The people who reviewed it actually played it.

You sat on the sidelines and hated it because it doesn’t have ultra realistic graphics.

I think I’m more inclined to go with the opinions of reviewers who actually played the game

drotahorror

Cannot get a solid 60fps @1080p with DLSS with a 6700k and 3060 ti. Using DF optimal settings, no RT. Guess my 6700k is really showing it's age.

Could be the location too I guess? Updaam in the morning I think?

Last edited:

Banned
Cannot get a solid 60fps @1080p with DLSS with a 6700k and 3060 ti. Using DF optimal settings, no RT. Guess my 6700k is really showing it's age.
that can not be right.

I had no issue running this on a Zen+ at 60fps, pretty sure Zen+ is slower than Intel 6th gen

twilo99

Did they give a timeline one when we should expect mouse and keyboard support in the cloud? I was going to give deathloop a go but don't feel like downloading it and my controller skills when it comes to shooters are subpar to say the least

drotahorror

that can not be right.

I had no issue running this on a Zen+ at 60fps, pretty sure Zen+ is slower than Intel 6th gen

Would Updaam morning have anything to do with it? The second I open the doors it drops to 50-55.

Also, my CPU and GPU utilization is around 40% for both.

MikeM

No issues for me. Wired connection though

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The game was definitely interesting. I recommend if you haven't given it a shot to give it a chance. Not for everyone, but I apprciate the risk they took with this one.

Fuck dude bro games.

Banned
Would Updaam morning have anything to do with it? The second I open the doors it drops to 50-55.

Also, my CPU and GPU utilization is around 40% for both.

an issue I had with my Zen+ once was that a Windows update changed my power settings any my CPU was locked at 2.7ghz or something.

so maybe check if your CPU runs at normal clocks

great game, but i'm kinda surprised just how linear this game is. I'm only about five hours in, but is the rest of the game like this? Hoping it was more puzzle based....

R6Rider

Gold Member
great game, but i'm kinda surprised just how linear this game is. I'm only about five hours in, but is the rest of the game like this? Hoping it was more puzzle based....
There are secret/hidden areas throughout the various levels. Some unlock from figuring out puzzles and others unlock based on other events you have done on a loop.

Each location on the levels (the manor for example) has multiple ways to get into and explore. Most similar to Dishonored design wise, just with less interiors.

Last edited:

Banned
I just booted up Cyberpunk just to see if things are ok and I believe they are on my end. I can't screenshot Deathloop with overlays on for some reason so I took a phone pic.

that's really weird.
what settings do you use?

the fact that you get 70+fps in that Cyberpunk screenshot makes me think that you either have some really taxing setting set to high or that maybe the PC version is fucked with this new update.

drotahorror

that's really weird.
what settings do you use?

the fact that you get 70+fps in that Cyberpunk screenshot makes me think that you either have some really taxing setting set to high or that maybe the PC version is fucked with this new update.

For Cyberpunk just rockin DF optimized settings with a couple of preferences, no RT. Even with some RT effects, I get 50+ fps in that same scene.

I will check cpu clocks next time I boot the game.

Banned
For Cyberpunk just rockin DF optimized settings with a couple of preferences, no RT. Even with some RT effects, I get 50+ fps in that same scene.

I will check cpu clocks next time I boot the game.

yeah, so either the PC version is currently completely broken or something weird with your hardware is happening.

Cyberpunk is WAAAAY more CPU heavy than Deathloop

Last edited:

drotahorror

yeah, so either the OV version is currently completely broken or something weird with your hardware is happening.

Cyberpunk is WAAAAY more CPU heavy than Deathloop

I just now seen on deathloop reddit that a person said the gamepass version is jacked up. I'll investigate further though.

Hestar69

same for me but on xbox...Have you tried turning motion blur off and increasing FOV.. I put my FOV on 100 and its alot better..The game itself so far is eh.

Fredrik

same for me but on xbox...Have you tried turning motion blur off and increasing FOV.. I put my FOV on 100 and its alot better..The game itself so far is eh.
Thanks I’ll try that on PS5 in a bit.
It’s odd, in the past I used to not be able to play first person games. But the motion sickness went away when I started gaming on PC so I thought it was the low framerate on consoles. I’ve had surprisingly little issues with VR too, high framerates there too.
Then all of a sudden it comes back here. Maybe it’s the simulated head camera movements you can’t control? But Cyberpunk had a bunch of those and I never had any issues at all there.

Last edited:

intbal

I finally got around to trying this.
I'm certain I would have enjoyed it five or ten years ago. If you can invest at least an hour per sitting for your games, you'll probably like it. Too much Real Life (TM) limits me to 20-30 minutes per day now. But it's got a good gameplay design and a solid control scheme. I'll give it a thumbs up.

However, I wanted to comment on the Cloud experience. Microsoft has made major upgrades to Cloud performance since the last time I tried it out. There was a tiny bit of blocking and an occasional frame swipe (looks like a slow-motion screen tear), but the game looked like it was peforming normally at 60fps and without any noticeable input latency. Last time I tried a game was when The Medium was released. It was nothing but large black blocks on the screen that would update every 8 seconds. It just didn't work. I had a similar experience a few months earlier with Morrowind. Practically non-existent visuals and seconds-per-frame performance.
I have very poor quality internet, due to living in an isolated rural area. A communications company actually cut through my cable two days ago and spliced it back together. If you think you have laggy or inconsistent internet, it's likely still better than what I have. But this game worked well enough to be playable and enjoyable. If you tried XCloud in the past and it was trash, give it another go.

It works but has to be wired I believe. I've not tried it yet as I'm keyboard and mouse. What does it do that cool? Might give it a go.
I've used DualSense on SteamDeck docked, but the DualSense features don't do anything sadly.

It's still my favorite choice as it has a built in mouse.

Banned
I've used DualSense on SteamDeck docked, but the DualSense features don't do anything sadly.

It's still my favorite choice as it has a built in mouse.

turn off Steam's controller support maybe? often what that does is tell the game you are using either an Xbox controller or a PS4 controller.
but yeah you have be wired I think

Last edited:

CosmicComet

So there you have it.
The people who reviewed it actually played it.

You sat on the sidelines and hated it because it doesn’t have ultra realistic graphics.

I think I’m more inclined to go with the opinions of reviewers who actually played the game
Idiotic fallacy. There's an opportunity cost to everything and I can think for myself.

The game looked completely unappealing from graphics, to concept to execution. If something doesn't appeal to me right away from a basic introduction level then I see no reason to let reviews sway me.

I know 100% I wouldn't enjoy this game and I'm not missing out on everything.

turn off Steam's controller support maybe? often what that does is tell the game you are using either an Xbox controller or a PS4 controller.
but yeah you have be wired I think
I dont get rumble at all on SteamDeck with DualSense. I did with the Series X controller, but it kept getting disconnected every 10 minutes.

I love the Deck, but it has a ton of bugs right now, especially when docked.

Banned
I just now seen on deathloop reddit that a person said the gamepass version is jacked up. I'll investigate further though.

I can test both Steam and GamePass later on my PC. I also have a 3060ti. I'm curious if I'll have noticeable differences on my end

I didn't have the same save state ready for both versions but I had the same map (at different time of days tho)

GamePass
Lh793LP.jpg

notice the super los GPU usage even tho it's lower FPS than the Steam image below!
GPU usage seems to be weird in the GamePass version

Steam
6uDqpBa.jpg

Settings on Both versions, the config file seems to be shared between both versions btw.
and Xbox + Gamepass do have working cross save

Ryzen 5600X / RTX3060ti / 16GB DDR4 3200

Video Settings:
1440p
Borderless Window (so that the overlay works)
Reflex Off
Low Latency On
Vsync Off
DLSS Quality
FPS limiter 120fps

Advanced Settings:
Very High
Ultra
Ultra
Ultra
Ultra
Ultra
Ultra
FFX CACAO Performance
Simple
Blur Off
(Antialiasing off due to DLSS)
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Last edited:

Hestar69

Thanks I’ll try that on PS5 in a bit.
It’s odd, in the past I used to not be able to play first person games. But the motion sickness went away when I started gaming on PC so I thought it was the low framerate on consoles. I’ve had surprisingly little issues with VR too, high framerates there too.
Then all of a sudden it comes back here. Maybe it’s the simulated head camera movements you can’t control? But Cyberpunk had a bunch of those and I never had any issues at all there.
Yeah it's weird.Only a few games affect me but deathloop made me sick as hell.I usually find motion blur is the thing that makes me sick so I always turn it off and it helps alot. Hopefully that and the FOV helps you.

drotahorror

I didn't have the same save state ready for both versions but I had the same map (at different time of days tho)

GamePass
Lh793LP.jpg

notice the super los GPU usage even tho it's lower FPS than the Steam image below!
GPU usage seems to be weird in the GamePass version

Steam
6uDqpBa.jpg

Settings on Both versions, the config file seems to be shared between both versions btw.
and Xbox + Gamepass do have working cross save

Ryzen 5600X / RTX3060ti / 16GB DDR4 3200

Video Settings:
1440p
Borderless Window (so that the overlay works)
Reflex Off
Low Latency On
Vsync Off
DLSS Quality
FPS limiter 120fps

Advanced Settings:
Very High
Ultra
Ultra
Ultra
Ultra
Ultra
Ultra
FFX CACAO Performance
Simple
Blur Off
(Antialiasing off due to DLSS)
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

I checked my temps just to be sure. GPU around 40c!? and CPU around 58c. I dunno, game isn't stressing my system and gpu/cpu utilization is so low for me. Can't say I've encountered a game like this on my system since I built it, even with my old GPU.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I won't even play this on GP. No thanks.

but why ? what happened lol.

--

Anyway, been playing this and I have to say the game pulls off some real major bullshit in where it spawns Juliana. I've had multiple cases of getting the warning that Juliana has appeared and then within a second she's shooting at me from the back. And you die so fucking quick in this game.

but why ? what happened lol.

--

Anyway, been playing this and I have to say the game pulls off some real major bullshit in where it spawns Juliana. I've had multiple cases of getting the warning that Juliana has appeared and then within a second she's shooting at me from the back. And you die so fucking quick in this game.
I hate time loop games, and I was never interested in the first place. I've seen enough reviews to know this game isn't for me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I hate time loop games, and I was never interested in the first place. I've seen enough reviews to know this game isn't for me.

I respect that.

In the games defense, it has the veneer of a time loop game but the game is very check-point and/or objective based. You are told specifically exactly what to do, the time loop aspect never becomes a frustration or a hindrance in progress.

Top Bottom