• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop coming to gamepass September 20

R6Rider

Gold Member
Has anybody ever lost any infused items? I could swear black and blue I infused three purple character trinkets at the end of a day and then they weren't there to choose from the following loop.
When I was playing through the game I obtained 3 copies of every single trinket and never once had an issue with something lost after infused.

Granted this was at launch and PS5 version, so it could be rare, or a newer issue from updates.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
the Impulse Triggers can add a ton of additional feedback.
I would for example have a hard time playing Forza without them as they give you really precise feedback for your grip during acceleration and breaking/driving around corners.

also Ubisoft used them quite well in Immortals where you can feel the wind in your fingertips while gliding through the air.

and some shooters used them pretty nicely.
or Watch Dogs 1 was kinda crazy when you used a shotgun it almost felt like the trigger presses against your finger because the rumble was so intense.

same is true in Wreckfest, some cars in that will have such hard rumble in the right trigger it really feels like it's pushing against you
You know I use an aftermarket wired controller to reduce latency and add back buttons. It's the razor Wolverine I believe. I wonder if it's just the way that razor implemented the impulse triggers because it is god awful and makes a terrible racket. I'll have to put some batteries in my normal controller and test it out on immortals because my experience with impulse triggers seems like the opposite of yours.

Banned
You know I use an aftermarket wired controller to reduce latency and add back buttons. It's the razor Wolverine I believe. I wonder if it's just the way that razor implemented the impulse triggers because it is god awful and makes a terrible racket. I'll have to put some batteries in my normal controller and test it out on immortals because my experience with impulse triggers seems like the opposite of yours.

Razer controllers are weird. they are amazing in theory but their build quality is extremely hit and miss.

and features like rumble are an afterthought

jaysius

Banned
I don't understand why they decided to make the AI THIS bad. I can understand maybe making it easier than DH2's AI buy they went too far.

The AI:
Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

Jaybe

Finished the game. I’m still very impressed with what they put together. However, there’s this stretch where you have to mop up the loose ends to progress the story which is very tedious and unfun (power plants, afternoon delight, what wenjies want). Still great style, voice acting, writing. and am overall pleased with it but I don’t see much replayability remaining so time to move on.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Finished the game. I’m still very impressed with what they put together. However, there’s this stretch where you have to mop up the loose ends to progress the story which is very tedious and unfun (power plants, afternoon delight, what wenjies want). Still great style, voice acting, writing. and am overall pleased with it but I don’t see much replayability remaining so time to move on.

Yeah, the game has probably Arkane's best 'presentation layer', but the game play scenarios, location designs etc aren't anywhere close to Dishonored or Prey.

I played this for about an hour. It’s good, and I do appreciate it, but I don’t really have any desire to play it any more for some reason…

Aenima

Downloaded this yesterday from PS+, and im enjoying it way more than i tough i would, since FPS are not my thing, and i dont even liked PREY.
The aiming was quite bad at the beginning but eventually got used to it, the game mechanics are interesting, just fear it might feel repetitive soon, but so far after some loops im still enjoying it, and making sure to carry some of my gear and upgrades for the next loop, helps alot with how much im enjoying it.

Only real bad thing about the game is the AI. Makes me feel like a troll baiting a huge group of enemies to a narrow tunel /entrance/ path, and just blast them one by one behind cover as they appear.

The best thing of the game are the "boss fights" and playing with the super powers we collect from them.

Neolombax

The concept of this game is interesting, I dig the whole looking for information at different places at different times of day to solve the puzzle. I'm not a fan of the roguelike concept though, a silly mistake can render a 30min session useless.

manfestival

The game has great quality. The humor lands for me. Which is something many games just seem to lack these days for me. However, beyond playing it for about 1 hour. I uninstalled, the game is not for me.

the game forces you to play so many of the same levels over and over and over again that the thought of picking it up and replaying it is dreadful.

I still prefer dishonored even though i loved the characters, setting, and art style of this maybe a bit more.

If only the A.I. was better and if there was more tools we had as a player, this could been great. Other than the few powers we go use there's not much in the way of mechanics in this game. Dishonored has more abilities and more ways to interact with the world, even if a lot of that is just looking money and items.

twilo99

I downloaded it on my PC and played for about two hours, it’s well done, I might try to finish it, but would I actually buy it? I don’t think so.

Robb

Gold Member
I’m enjoying the game quite a bit. Still not sure how I feel about the ‘ubiquity’ ability though, would be more fun if you got to keep the stuff from your last run imo. Collecting residium from the same places over and over isn’t all that fun..

Also agree with others that the AI is very stupid. Although I don’t really mind that, it’s still fun to sneak up on them and kick them into the sea etc.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
First I thought Deathloop would be something like Returnal, the name fitted imho, then I thought it was a rather normal singleplayer only experience, and now I read matchmaking. Marketing really left me clueless what this game even is.

Invasion? fuck that. I unplugged my PS3 for Demons Souls.
Agreed.

Kinda think Sony having a timed exclusivity deal in place followed by Microsoft's acquisition of Bethesda kinda put this game out to die from an extensive marketing perspective.

24hr

Started playing this yesterday and I must be dumb or something because I can not figure out how to do the task with the batteries.

bootaski

Every time I put this game down I immediately want to start playing again. The gameplay is just so satisfying.
Get the suppressed tribunal(it's a random drop that you can farm in a few locations) - makes stealth so much easier! I'm addicted to hearing the sound it makes.

Lupin25

I feel like DEATHLOOP is a watered down “Dishonored” for the sake of the masses. It has less weapons, less in-depth mechanics, and less clever level design, but overall…

it’s still a better AAA single-player experience than most of what’s out there “today” (that could be a good or bad thing depending on how much you enjoy the game lol), I just feel Arkane held back a little.

But still good. 8/10. Respectfully.

T-Cake

Get the suppressed tribunal(it's a random drop that you can farm in a few locations) - makes stealth so much easier! I'm addicted to hearing the sound it makes.

That was my go to weapon for most of the game coupled with Aether invisibility. The enemies just mostly stand about going "huh? who shot my friend?"

Alebrije

The game is fine but needs less loop and more levels..
It becomes repetitive regardless of the morning-night variations.

Hope next Arkane game abandons this loop ideas they began to test with Prey's DLC

MadPanda

Banned
That was my go to weapon for most of the game coupled with Aether invisibility. The enemies just mostly stand about going "huh? who shot my friend?"
I use limp 10 with silencer for that.

I'm enjoying deathloop a lot more than I expected. At first I didn't like it but after infusing it's much better
What raised my enjoyment is using auto aim and marking all enemies with one action.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is from last year but still relevant, the developers react to a 20 minute speed run for the game.

Last edited:

RPS37

Is it? I got 58% of the total without even trying - I didn't even bother playing Julianna at all.
I feel like I’ve completed a few missions and I’ve only got one.

I’m about to return back to the apartment to open the case

Am I just far earlier than I think?
does it ramp up once you start taking out targets?

T-Cake

I don't think that's even halfway. You do get more as you complete more tasks. Plenty to go yet.

SkylineRKR

Deathloop is really fun. I like its presentation, dialogues etc. But I say it doesn't hold a candle to Prey and Dishonored.

The game is a bit weird at first, but once you get the hang of it, you're chasing leads, killing visionaries, take their power and infuse them and every weapon and upgrade if you want to keep. Then you can kill them again, to get a slab upgrade, which you also can infuse to keep. I had this Nexus upgrade that returned health on tether kills. I would tether 3 guys or so, use the throw force slab and regain all my health. But I didn't infuse it, now I got the nexus takes less meter upgrade.

So you're repeating levels, finding leads and eventually lure the visionaries away so you can kill them all. Thats what I understand (I have 3 slabs right now).

But Dishonored does feel better to me, its powers, its AI, its level design... Deathloop is like an arcade version of it, you can run and kill around easily.

johnjohn

Yea, you're still pretty early in the game.

RPS37

Well…I finally got the officially die achievement that I needed for my Rewards points.
Now I’m just trying to figure out if I care to keep playing…

Bartski

Gold Member
I played some finally last night. Hmmmm I like the idea but somehow all the shooting just feels horrible and the combat is just bad? Maybe the whole point is to avoid it, or I don't have any interesting abilities. I did some missions but I'm not sure if I'm having fun yet.

Top Bottom