• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop could land on Xbox Series X / S in September

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

At the turn of the year, many video game providers offer attractive discounts. The first-person action shooter Deathloop is also currently offering a 50 percent discount in the PS5 Store . So far, the title has been similar to Returnal and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart PS5 console exclusive, but that could change this year.

The Deathloop account advertises on Twitter with the discount campaign described above. Right at the beginning of the clip, however, you can see a small footnote that also refers to important information:

What does it say there? The small print says that Deathloop is not available on consoles other than the PS5, at least not until September 14, 2022. This means that the shooter could also be available on other consoles for the one-year anniversary.

If they fix the shitty Ai by then and loading, Xbox users won.

Deathloop and Ghostwire are so visually unimpressive. Im not quite sure why Sony paid for their exclusivity. Advertising rights would have been enough.

BlackM1st

Banned
Patrick Stewart Reaction GIF

Gamerguy84

Yea I believed it was a year timed exclusives.

Gamestop has had it physical for a little while at this price. Should appear on GP though since MS bought it.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I bought this one. I support studios putting their games on other platforms (particularly PC) so I voted with my wallet.

It's a great game for those who haven't played it. Bought it not knowing it had a dark souls-esque PVP aspect.

Only 9 more months to wait for the most okay-ish videogaming experience you'll ever have.

I enjoyed deathloop but yeah, it already felt like old news by november. The loops and puzzle wasn’t complex enough to really carry conversation for it. It’s actually a pretty linear game

Camreezie

I enjoyed deathloop but yeah, it already felt like old news by november. The loops and puzzle wasn’t complex enough to really carry conversation for it. It’s actually a pretty linear game
It's a good game, it's relatively short though all things considered the premise would probably lead you to believe it would be longer than it is

Jaybe

I think people assumed one year exclusivity, but I doubt it has been announced yet. Seems like something that Sony would have insisted be kept under wraps with the contract. If this was a cute workaround to hint at it, I don’t think Sony will be impressed. Not that they can likely do anything about it. any way, good for me, I’ll give it a go Sept ‘22.

elliot5

Known? No, not known. Assumed maybe. Guessed at. But not known.

Didn't we know FF VII R was coming to Xbox a year after it's PS4 debut? How did that turn out?
the 9/14/2022 little text has been in months and months old trailers like the launch trailer for deathloop. This ain’t news in any form

Known? No, not known. Assumed maybe. Guessed at. But not known.

Didn't we know FF VII R was coming to Xbox a year after it's PS4 debut? How did that turn out?

That ad is from last year, everyone knew it was timed exclusive along with ghostwire.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
That ad is from last year, everyone knew it was timed exclusive along with ghostwire.

Yeah? And remember this?
6BF0gMF.jpg

Lognor

Banned
You don't who owns Bethesda now, right?
Oh shit. It's Microsoft, innit? Well maybe it'll come out before September then. Why not? Microsoft can just pay the penalty for breach of contract and release it early. That could happen too.

JaksGhost

Oh shit. It's Microsoft, innit? Well maybe it'll come out before September then. Why not? Microsoft can just pay the penalty for breach of contract and release it early. That could happen too.
Phil already said that they would obligate all deals done prior to the Bethesda acquisition. Also them breaching it could have a very negative effect.

Three

Waiting for that Game Pass PC release
It will likely be September too and coincide with the exclusivity period ending as contracts for exclusivity include subscription services too if the leaked contracts of the past are anything to go by.

Top Bottom