• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop PS5 Gameplay on 4K 60FPS Performace mode

faisalasif

Hi , I would like to share Deathloop PS5 Gameplay on 4K 60FPS . The game has 3 Modes, 1st is Performace mode 60FPS , 2 Graphics Mode 60FPS with Drops and 3rd with ray tracing at 30FPS

DEATHLOOP is an innovative first person shooter launching for PlayStation 5 and PC from Arkane Lyon, the award-winning studio behind the critically acclaimed Dishonored franchise. The studio’s new IP will continue Arkane’s signature gameplay design, challenging gamers to play their own way. As Colt, players are trapped in a time loop on the enigmatic island of Blackreef, doomed to repeat the same day for eternity. The only chance for escape is to break the loop by unearthing information and assassinating eight key targets before the day resets. However, lurking in the shadows is rival assassin Julianna, equipped with her own equally powerful abilities and weapons, on a mission to protect the loop by assassinating Colt, and restarting the cycle. Players can also choose to take control of Julianna, turning DEATHLOOP into a deadly game of hunter-vs-hunted.

Deathloop (PS5) 4K 60FPS HDR Gameplay

Kuranghi

Would love to see the graphics mode pal, I don't know if this art style really get a big boost from RT/higher resolution so I'll decide when I play it but I don't think 60fps is really needed in a game like this if you plan to play it like Hitman as I do, if its if you are going guns blazing all the time then definitely want 60fps mode, even performance 60 if you're a leet aimzor and don't want to miss your shots due to input slags fondling your analogue sticks.

EZA has a good review but I wish Ben had played it on KB&M, his aiming (if thats him) is a bit spazzy on controller so the footage looks a bit naff in places, like when he gets invaded, but that could've been more panic from the invasion and I get that I'd prob do the same.

Kuranghi

They are using RT Shadows and honestly it doesn't look that much different from the non-RT mode. Just stick with Performance mode.

Ah okay thats interesting to me, I don't really care about RT reflections, more about TR AO/GI and shadows. You think its not a big difference though?

arvfab

Banned
Just out of curiosity: are you always in a race against time or do you actually have time to explore and plan your actions? can you play offline?

MaKTaiL

Just out of curiosity: are you always in a race against time or do you actually have time to explore and plan your actions? can you play offline?
You have all the time in the world to explore. Time of day only advances when you swich to a different section of the island or when you actually want to advance time between play sessions.

arvfab

Banned
You have all the time in the world to explore. Time of day only advances when you swich to a different section of the island or when you actually want to advance time between play sessions.

Did they actually tell this in all the previews? Everytime they showed the game, they always played like they were on a rush. Thought it was a race against the clock...
If you can also play offline/opt-out from that useless multiplayer, than I might give it a go later on.

EDIT: Just read that you can play offline.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i really had a hard time to play the game on fidelity mode with RT or performance 60fps without RT >.<

MaKTaiL

Did they actually tell this in all the previews?
I don't think so.
Everytime they showed the game, they always played like they were on a rush. Thought it was a race against the clock...
Never understood that either.
If you can also play offline/opt-out from that useless multiplayer, than I might give it a go later on.
You can switch between "Public" or "Only Friends". You can also play offline.

Kuranghi

The game has pretty good baked shadows already since time of day isn't dynamic. For me it looked bsically the same. I might be talking shit though so I'll wait for Digital Foundry comparison video.

Right so its only going to be in moments like when you block a point light source probably then, maybe it also adds micro shadows too though? Thats what I found awesome in Control.

Don't expect good RT from most non first party games. There just isn't the power to brute force it, and the optimization takes too much time and money.

Hunnybun

Resolution seems pretty great from that video. Nearly 4k in quality mode, and well above 1440p in performance mode.

Why couldn't they have sacrificed a bit of that for a better FOV? It's a bit irritating because it's the only negative I really have re the visuals.

Lot's of noise.
Isn't that because ray tracing is limited by the amount of rays you can produce while maintaining performance? Then there has to be some sort of smoothing technique applied so it doesn't look noisy, however that smoothing takes multiple frames to build up so therefore moving makes it have to re-smooth again.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
RT shadows have a horrible noise artifact that is super distracting.

So RT mode has softer shadows, and that's all you get for sacrificing half the frames? Other than that the three modes seem to look identical (at least watching on my phone).

What's the point of the horrible, horrible "quality" mode? Higher resolution? Fuck playing at 45fps.

I'll wait for a more in-depth comparison, but from what I saw here the performance mode is the only sensible choice.

Top Bottom