• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEATHLOOP Review Thread

Fredrik

Not my genre but I still find the concept interesting. Didn’t look too hot in the combat reveal video but it sounds like people are enjoying it. If it reviews well it’ll be like a social experiment to see if PS fans can hype up a MS 1st party game and if Xbox fans can hype up a PS5 exclusive.

Paasei

I hope it will be good. Their games are quite unique and allow for creative play. Something I thoroughly enjoy myself.

I love Arkane's gameplay. Deathloop seems to take a lot from Dishonored in the gameplay department, but I can't lie that the story didn't grab my attention at all. I might play it, but I've seen so much gameplay that I'm already feeling tired of it, to be honest. I think the game was shown on almost every major conference after its debut, explaining my feeling of being tired of it.

Denton

88 is my guess

Already preordered, Arkane games are my jam. However I will likely skip Redfall, no interest in looter shooters.

Kenpachii

Sometimes while reading gaf I feel like I'm the only reviewer in the world who doesn't get paid bribe money by the studios. I feel left out :(

Did you bought the game yourself and reviewed it? or did you get a preview key from the company itself before release date?

If you bought it yourself u are a non paid shill
If you get it form them u are a paid shill

Because guess what happens if you are negative towards there products? they won't be sending you codes any longer and u fall behind your competition.

Don't believe it?

f63226b1671009cb6c9740253e638740.png

Denton

Kinda darkly amusing that another of MS's awesome exclusives is...releasing on playstation, and this time timed exclusively to boot

MaKTaiL

I'm so glad the review scores are good! Hats off to the devs for sticking with their vision and Sony for the excessive well deserved marketing. From what I've played it's definitely a GOTY contender for me.

Mr.ODST

Nice, dunno if to pick up on PC or PS5, but 100% going to be 1000G it on Gamepass when it releases. good to see Arkane shining again as usual top tier gameplay, MS have acquired a great studio

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
But GAF told me it looked bad?

89 Meta with 40 reviews.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Insane reviews. Congrats to Arkane. I had my doubts but this seems to be another win for the studio.

skneogaf

Good job this will be on gamepass in a year as I ain't paying full price for this, it just doesn't interest me even though the reviews are great.

I imagine I'll like it once I play.

A few months back I wouldn't have expected reviews like this but after such positive previews these reviews seem to back them up.
It's all very much what I'd expect from Arkane in terms of gameplay and even the few negative points that are being mentioned seem to be very much what I'd expect from an Arkane game and have never really put me off their games.

skit_data

Wow, I’m impressed by the review scores.

Arkane games never seem to grab me, but maybe this will. I might pick it up at some time.

Top Bottom