• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEATHLOOP Review Thread

Fools idol

Banned
just so everyone is aware ( didnt wanna post before embargo) there are some significant bugs with enemy AI and pathing - as well as some very noticeable texture loading issues on PS5 version.

Luipadre

just so everyone is aware ( didnt wanna post before embargo) there are some significant bugs with enemy AI and pathing - as well as some very noticeable texture loading issues on PS5 version.

fuck me... after all these delays. I want to play this tonight but maybe i should wait a bit

MaKTaiL

LMAO. Lots of people eating crow today.
Between Psychonauts 2 and this, Looks like Microsoft has their first GOTY in a long while.
Tom Cruise What GIF

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Care to elaborate? Is this distant textures when an area loads, or egregious IN YOUR FACE textures refusing to load and creating weird blocky looking assets?

Robb

Gold Member
Oh man, this seems to be reviewing even better than I expected! Cant wait!

In Arkane we trust!

SaucyJack

Did you bought the game yourself and reviewed it? or did you get a preview key from the company itself before release date?

If you bought it yourself u are a non paid shill
If you get it form them u are a paid shill

Because guess what happens if you are negative towards there products? they won't be sending you codes any longer and u fall behind your competition.

Don't believe it?

f63226b1671009cb6c9740253e638740.png

LG monitor?

Chukhopops

Woah did not expect that, guess I really misjudged the game. Now to decide before buying full price or waiting a year...

Banjo64

cumsessed
That seems literally impossible based on everything I know about this life I've lived.

Maybe everything I've come to know is a lie after all.
There’s just been:

A. A lot of bitterness over this game, despite it being a timed PS exclusive, due to the MS buyout.

B. A lot of annoyance over Sony’s OTT marketing (although now we can safely say they saw a brilliant game and wanted to market it heavily).

Last edited:

Elios83

How did they dare to show new trailers during events, the game was not worthy, wasted time!! :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Looking forward to play it after Tales of Arise.
Still I don't think this will be a commercial success.

skit_data

LMAO. Lots of people eating crow today.
Between Psychonauts 2 and this, Looks like Microsoft has their first GOTY in a long while.
I wouldn’t call this a XGS GOTY though, their impact on this games development could be considered limited at best.
Psychonauts 2 seems like a fine game as well but same argument can be made in that case as well, since the majority of dev time was spent before getting picked up by XGS.

Very good studio pickups nonetheless and I’m sure their talent and experience might help XGS produce some really really good games in the future.

SaucyJack

There’s just been:

A. A lot of bitterness over this game, despite it being a timed PS exclusive, due to the MS buyout.

B. A lot of annoyance over Sony’s OTT marketing (although now we can safely say they saw a brilliant game and wanted to market it heavily).

B has definitely been an issue for me. Really liked the look of it at the reveal and the initial dev diaries, but then seemed to get less and less interested with every showing.

Glad it appears to be a good game. 🥳

Flabagast

Arkane is a top 5 studio and has shown it again.

By very far the best studio under MS umbrella, and without equivalent on Sony's side

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Wow. I wasn't sold that it was any good from the gameplay, it looked like a first person paint by numbers mediocre game. Might actually give it a look now once I finish Life is Strange: True Colors.

Ogbert

I’m just pleased to see Arkane get some recognition. Fucking great studio.

Now watch it sell like Herpes.

Top Bottom