• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEATHLOOP Review Thread

Developers are compensated for putting games on Game pass. Do you honestly think games on the service aren't paid for? In the case of Arkane those guys are on MS payroll. I am pretty confident they aren't working for free.
Seriously. People believe devs are stupid and will put games for free on GP.

And Arkane its MS own studios. They get salary from MS like every other employee who works at MS lol. Why they worried about Arkane getting paid lol

SquillieDee

Oh OK because you subjectively think a game that is also on PS5 and not even a true next gen game is GOTY, that means PS5 isn't objectively better at the moment despite having R&C, Returnal, Spiderman, and amazing next gen upgrades to games like Tsushima and FF7.

Who was the person who didn't understand objectivity again? Me?!
Spiderman is cross gen...

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Woa a magnificent 90!

Arkane is my personal top rated studio but didn't expect Deathloop to be this high in review.

Might consider buying it sooner.

SLB1904

Banned
I simply asked you to explain the countless other exclusives, on both consoles, without critic/user score disparities. You're the one in here making dubious claims and acting weird.
If the game is popular people will review bomb. If not they don't bother simple as that. Unless 0/10 and 10/10 spamming is what you count. Good for you.
Anyway botton lime users reviews is irrelevant

Zones

GUYS!

I have never seen Xbox fanboys so truly excited over a PlayStation console exclusive reviewing well.

This is a truly watershed moment in gaming.

Have we all finally beat the console war?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Always thought this looked good, yet on Gaf it was discounted before it even released, glad it proved all the naysayers wrong, nice timed console exclusive for PS as well!

Last edited:

Little Mac

Shocked it turned out this highly rated. I always thought it looked kinda meh. Regardless, I can wait a year for xbox game pass. Good job, Arkane!

that makes no sense lmfao

So you're telling me since Microsoft bought Bethesda many more people aren't paying attention to, arguing, talking about any and everything out of Bethesda that isn't a or next gen upgrade? Be real. Even you don't believe what you're saying if you try to deny that is the case.

SLB1904

Banned
So you're telling me since Microsoft bought Bethesda many more people aren't paying attention to, arguing, talking about any and everything out of Bethesda that isn't a or next gen upgrade? Be real. Even you don't believe what you're saying if you try to deny that is the case.
whos people are you talking about? your forum dwellers? wake up dude. no one gives a shit. for the average joe nothing changed

Karak

Karak Karak said the game was surprisingly easy, but I'm not sure if he was speaking to combat specifically or the total package.
The puzzle? There are a couple of of cypher puzzles but those aren't hard. If this is in regards to the story? Not its not a puzzle its a story and its explained though it does have a good couple twists for sure.

whos people are you talking about? your forum dwellers? wake up dude. no one gives a shit. for the average joe nothing changed

Even amongst hardcore gamers, not enough people bought Arkane's amazing games. That has changed because they, their games, and just about everything new out of Bethesda is now the subject of console war arguments.

Arkane's stuff was largely missed and underappreciated even amongst the hardcore gaming crowd. Many have only just now experienced how good the new Prey was. Many are only just now going back and trying the Dishonored titles. Many are only just now appreciating how good the Wolfenstein games are by MachineGames. Acquisitions, believe it or not, do raise a developer's profile and anticipation for their next thing. It has always worked that way. Let's not pretend like it doesn't.

You think there would be as much hype and attention and focus around Deathloop were it not for

#1 Sony getting it as an exclusive
#2 Microsoft buying Zenimax and Bethesda and now owning Deathloop, Arkane and every other IP and studio under the Bethesda umbrella.

If none of those two things take place and Deathloop is just a multi-platform release, do you think there's as much passion around the game as there now is? I'm not saying the quality of the game changes, but the Playstation exclusive deal along with the Bethesda purchase by Microsoft has only risen the profile significantly of games such as this.

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

So, none of the reviews I’ve read so far have answered my fundamental question.

Is the puzzle hard? Is it a brain teaser to work out how to kill everyone?

Or, alternatively, is it actually quite obvious, you just need to spend a bit of time grinding up weapons and visiting each area?
It's not hard, it's very intuitive and the hints are additive. There is a flow and a narrative structure to follow. As a fan of Hitman I'm REALLY enjoying it and I think it might be my personal GOTY.

SLB1904

Banned
Even amongst hardcore gamers, not enough people bought Arkane's amazing games. That has changed because they, their games, and just about everything new out of Bethesda is now the subject of console war arguments.

Arkane's stuff was largely missed and underappreciated even amongst the hardcore gaming crowd. Many have only just now experienced how good the new Prey was. Many are only just now going back and trying the Dishonored titles. Many are only just now appreciating how good the Wolfenstein games are by MachineGames. Acquisitions, believe it or not, do raise a developer's profile and anticipation for their next thing. It has always worked that way. Let's not pretend like it doesn't.

You think there would be as much hype and attention and focus around Deathloop were it not for

#2 Microsoft buying Zenimax and Bethesda and now owning Deathloop, Arkane and every other IP and studio under the Bethesda umbrella.

If none of those two things take place and Deathloop is just a multi-platform release, do you think there's as much passion around the game as there now is? I'm not saying the quality of the game changes, but the Playstation exclusive deal along with the Bethesda purchase by Microsoft has only risen the profile significantly of games such as this.
you are projecting hard.
i don't know who these hardcore gamers you talking about.
you know how many hardcore gamers? couple hundreds at best? bethesda games didnt sell 5mil or 10mil but at least 2 or 3mil must have sold. do you know these people?
you are in a bubble and thats it. you have no idea how big is the gaming community is. and I'm pretty sure casuals barely know who make their games let alone who Bethesda is
why do you think they put ''from the creators of X game in trailers?''

if this game wasn't getting good scores no one would give a shit simple as that

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Budgets are made way earlier in development, so both of you are wrong. It's not like Arkane has to wait for a check from either Zenimax or MS to clear every month lol.
Well we dont know how Microsofts and zenimaxs payroll systems are set up, but Arkane lyon has still had expenses since the ms acquisition and the money is Microsofts regardless of which account its coming from.
If the budget was allocated at the start of development its not all allocated in one go, and as soon as ms aquired zenimax those allocated assets became Microsofts.

Last edited:

breakfuss

It does make you wonder. Deathloop reviews are in line with every Arkane title before it.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I wonder
The puzzle? There are a couple of of cypher puzzles but those aren't hard. If this is in regards to the story? Not its not a puzzle its a story and its explained though it does have a good couple twists for sure.

Is the only challenge in the game the red phantom/invader (sorry, forgot her name)?

JayK47

Oh wow, it is on Steam. So surprising these days to see a game on my favorite system. Glad it is reviewing well, even though I doubt anybody would be willing to review it poorly.

GUYS!

I have never seen Xbox fanboys so truly excited over a PlayStation console exclusive reviewing well.

This is a truly watershed moment in gaming.

Have we all finally beat the console war?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
As soon as one of them can say something positive without the word "GamePass" in their post, I'll believe it.

Last edited:

noise36

I guess people are just happy that MS studios have quality output in the wild, a good sign for the future considering the amount of studios they have working on games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom