• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death's Door | Devolver Digital Showcase

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Reaping souls of the dead and punching a clock might get monotonous but it's honest work for a Crow. The job gets lively when your assigned soul is stolen and you must track down a desperate thief to a realm untouched by death - where creatures grow far past their expiry.

Talon Sharp Combat: Utilize melee weapons, arrows and magic to overcome a fantastic array of beasts and demigods. Mistakes are punished and victory is rewarded. Gain an edge by customizing your character stats and mastering the abilities and upgrades you obtain.
A Beautifully Bleak World: Venture beyond the Doors and explore a land full of twisted inhabitants and countless secrets, bringing hope to the weird and wonderful characters you’ll meet along the way.
A Dark Mystery to Unravel: Track down and defeat colossal tyrants with stories and motivations of their own. Experience a somber yet darkly comedic tale, uncovering the truths behind the flow of souls, the role of the Crows and the origin of the Doors.

ss_83e57d823ecb8559cd3c70cef500b33d4b841787.jpg
ss_dd9b5a2e40d3d512d1c978a5dfda5999c458a517.jpg

elliot5

15% off on the Microsoft Store until launch, so I'll probably wait for reviews before considering buying it at that discount. Looks really good though!

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Devolver makes great smaller titles and this looks to continue that trend. It's too bad they seem to avoid PlayStation recently. Will have to add it to my steam wishlist for a holiday sale at some point, no way I'm buying it for full price or even 15% off if I can't play it on my tv.

Kagey K

Banned
Devolver makes great smaller titles and this looks to continue that trend. It's too bad they seem to avoid PlayStation recently. Will have to add it to my steam wishlist for a holiday sale at some point, no way I'm buying it for full price or even 15% off if I can't play it on my tv.
Pretty sure there was a Playstation exclusive on the show, just can't recall the name of it right now.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Pretty sure there was a Playstation exclusive on the show, just can't recall the name of it right now.
Thanks I'll check, I was just thinking the last title from them I wanted to play on my console was Carrion which was PC + XB + Switch.

Kagey K Kagey K the only exclusive I saw was Demon Throttle and it's exclusive to the Switch
That should please Darlingcognito Darlingcognito

Yo when I saw this game it instantly gave me flashbacks of so many NES Games me and my big brother played when I was a little kid and he used to let me get my hands on the 2nd controller and ruin his gaming :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm definitely excited about this game, and super excited about Deaths Door. Devolver been giving us heat for a long time now. The games they get behind almost ALWAYS have some of the best music too

Anyone who hasn't played Katana Zero is insane at this point in my opinion. One of my fave games of the past few years

Chukhopops

I wonder if it can really play better than Hades, which was amazingly tight and precise in its gameplay, but was (imo) not very interesting as a rogue like and was way too wordy.
Anyone who hasn't played Katana Zero is insane at this point in my opinion. One of my fave games of the past few years
Oh yeah, short game but absolute blast to play and the OST is fantastic.

mxbison

Is it a Rogue- or Metroid-something? Doesn't say anything in the trailer.

Looks cool but I've kinda had enough of those for a while.

went check that out, 1 min in and im amazed no joke
I wonder if it can really play better than Hades, which was amazingly tight and precise in its gameplay, but was (imo) not very interesting as a rogue like and was way too wordy.

Oh yeah, short game but absolute blast to play and the OST is fantastic.

went check that out, 1 min in and im amazed no joke
Man the music is so amazing..And yeah it plays amazing with a great atmosphere/characters. I hope we get more of it or something like it from that team in the future. Definitely in my top 10 games for the last couple of years

Raphael

Xbox on Twitter confirmed this is coming to game pass Day 1. Very nice.

Edit: i was wrong!

Last edited:
Top Bottom