• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Fear; Sega’s attempt at survival horror. What are your fav non Capcom survival horror games?

slade

There's an old Konami PS1 samurai game called Soul of the Samurai. It did the Onimusha type survival horror before Capcom even had the thought.

OnionSnake

Banned
Cold_Fear.jpg

This game (published) by Ubisoft was sick as hell. Really advanced immersion with the character reacting to the environment in ways I don't remember seeing again until the first Uncharted game on PS3, things like putting his hand on railing for balance as the ship moves, holding onto the walls when you get close, stuff like that. Must not have sold well because it was never seen again, not even a re-release.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I almost forgot.

iu

I frigging love this game and it honestly holds up just fine (if you're patient and get the controls down). It has issues of course, mainly a lack of polish, but it's a pretty easy title and can be easily beaten in a day. It's like the OG Resident Evil crossed with a prototype DMC on the PSX. One of my favorites.

edit-- if you actually do try to play this game, change the controls so D walks by default and you have to press R1 to run. The default is D constantly running and pressing R1 to walk, it's not a good set up for how the game is laid out.

Also, this is one of the games that doesn't emulate correctly on the PS3, gotta play it on a PS2 or PSX, or just download the iso and emulate it on your PC.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

Mercenaries: world in flames . That thing was horrific when it launched. Guards hid in the rocks shooting you..and you couldn't do fuck all about it 😅

Top Bottom