• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Delayed Input] New series of Kyle Bosman

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

It's been a while, but Kyle Bosman is back again with a new show, Delayed Input. And of course, there's a twist

Kyle lost his mind over the course of the pandemic. He seeks the help of an unlikely advisor to sort out what it is truly crazy in this mad world.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Is he not with Easy Allies anymore /the old game trailer guys

No, he left to do his own thing. Kind of glad as I felt he was stifled with the EZAllies. Will be interesting to see this show and how it continues on.

Kyle is fun, but he knows nothing industry wise.

True, but he did something similar with Final Bossman. Mostly was comedic with some learning experiences along the way. It was what made it entertaining, IMO. Will hold off on judgement until a good nubmer of episodes release though.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Didn’t follow the game trailer crew much after site died but did keep up with bossman somewhat. ill check this out.

Papacheeks

Banned
No, he left to do his own thing. Kind of glad as I felt he was stifled with the EZAllies. Will be interesting to see this show and how it continues on.

True, but he did something similar with Final Bossman. Mostly was comedic with some learning experiences along the way. It was what made it entertaining, IMO. Will hold off on judgement until a good nubmer of episodes release though.

yea, is this all part of his patreon thing he's doing? Like is this connected to other shows he's doing? Sorry I haven't been following him in a while.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
yea, is this all part of his patreon thing he's doing? Like is this connected to other shows he's doing? Sorry I haven't been following him in a while.

That I sadly don't know. I haven't followed him much since I left the EZ Allies community 2-ish years back. Was far too toxic and volatile. Didn't learn he separated from them until a few days back.

Kuranghi

I can never decide whether he just has a different sense of humor than me or he's just not funny in general. I've been trying to work it out for 5+ years now. Its all relative though isn't it? Even if he's not funny to most people he's still going to be funny to the rest so if people want to pay you then more power to you.

Go get em Kyle! Just do what you think is funny, the community will stay with you. They just want to see you being you.

Wait, why am I writing this like he'll read it?! I don't think he's coming here any time soon, he's more a resetera guy from what I've heard him say. If I'm wrong and you are reading this then reply to this comment with a closeup of you giving me the finger, it'll be our own secret code ;)

Kuranghi

It's been a while, but Kyle Bosman is back again with a new show, Delayed Input. And of course, there's a twist

Kyle lost his mind over the course of the pandemic. He seeks the help of an unlikely advisor to sort out what it is truly crazy in this mad world.

He's so right about the Sakurai bit, that we need super passionate but NOT supid flailing morons to show off games, I will probably never buy Smash Ultimate but I was captivated by everyone of those Sakurai Smash videos because he has so much passion and but's not all ginned up like an idiot.

If they showed something revolutionary with that sort of tone then people would actually be more likely to really look at it and evaluate it fairly instead of constantly sky rocketing expectations only for them to inevitably crash back down to earth when we see its a traditional genre with a few new twists.

I try to appreciate the small things these days in games, like with Returnal, its not going to make you chimp out but it looks like a game made with passion by people who know whats fun.

edit - Judging by the amount of replies here I guess not many people give a fuck about/know who KB is.

Last edited:

Fbh

Nice, will check this out.
Always enjoyed Final Bosman and Box Peek was really fun too.

Easy Allies has been sorta awful since he left.

It's weird. I still enjoy their podcast (both the regular one and Frame trap) as long as Damiani isn't on.
But couldn't care less about everything else they do.

I'm sure COVID affected them an all but aside from the podcasts everything else they do seems to be either streaming, which I don't care about, or a variety of shows with different names which all still ultimately come down to them talking over zoom.

The game show they did was fun but has been on hold since forever. There's a lot of other channels that have gone back to doing things in a studio (with distancing and masks and stuff, but still). But EZA is all just zoom.

Kuranghi

Easy Allies has been sorta awful since he left.
Nice, will check this out.
Always enjoyed Final Bosman and Box Peek was really fun too.

It's weird. I still enjoy their podcast (both the regular one and Frame trap) as long as Damiani isn't on.
But couldn't care less about everything else they do.

I'm sure COVID affected them an all but aside from the podcasts everything else they do seems to be either streaming, which I don't care about, or a variety of shows with different names which all still ultimately come down to them talking over zoom.

The game show they did was fun but has been on hold since forever. There's a lot of other channels that have gone back to doing things in a studio (with distancing and masks and stuff, but still). But EZA is all just zoom.

They need to get back in the studio ASAP, while I didn't blame them at first given the circumstances, the fact that they've stayed away from the office for far longer than they needed to at this point I'm getting annoyed they haven't made up for that by getting new equipment to make the WFH content much better. Audio and video quality was so rubbish at the start, more technical issues than ever, its better now.

I think most of them would go back to the studio at this point, but certain members don't want to go back to the studio (or even leave the house) anymore and they feel like it would be unfair to go back without those members. Thats my theory anyway, imo there's absolutely no reason why someone couldn't be in there every day, on their own, or two people in separate rooms, so they can get back to making the old content.

Achieve Yourself was one of the best new things they did and the 3rd season has be rubbish compared to the other seasons, they keep picking achievements that require exceptional knowledge to even consider being able to do them, but then not giving that knowledge to the allies playing the game. Its excruciating to watch some of them, I can imagine a lot of the viewers for whom that was their first EZA video were not impressed.

It just feels like a massive step back after going from the garage to studio. Am I way off base here, are the Covid rules in L.A. are way stricter than I'm aware of?

I just want them to do well!

Last edited:

Shmunter

Lol, what a shit name. Who wants the connotation of delayed input in their games?

May as well call it “screen tearing”

Pantz

Gold Member
That I sadly don't know. I haven't followed him much since I left the EZ Allies community 2-ish years back. Was far too toxic and volatile. Didn't learn he separated from them until a few days back.
Left recently myself. Couldn't handle all the annoying personal politics statements that they just couldn't help themselves but to say all the time, anymore. Wish they would just stick to video games.

Trilobit

Season's finale:

Concerning the Spider-Man 2 gameplay I'd much rather have stealthy parts à la S-M Noir than the Venom stuff.

I wish Bosman could have back the production values of the Gametrailers show. I like Delayed Input, but he had such an amazing energy in Final Bosman with the music and animations and whatnots. His editor perfectly complemented him.

Here's an old gif I found of him having a mental breakdown or something:

bossman27qyj5.gif

and his Nintendo-Elephant imitation:

Mu_dPw.gif

Looking forward to the next season!

Top Bottom