• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dell Shows Off 'Nyx' Concept Game Controller that may replace all controllers in the future

https://www.businessinsider.in/tech...ollers-in-the-future/articleshow/96713736.cms
Dell has been working on Concept Nyx for quite some time and showcased it last year. Concept Nyx aimed to offer easy access to gaming libraries across devices, making it easier for gamers to switch between devices to play their favorite games.

The company has taken it further this year and showcased the Concept Nyx Game Controller. This is only a concept at the moment but is designed to replace all the existing controllers and even keyboard and mouse setups, making it easier for you to move from one device to another without worrying about using a new controller.

Demo video,

I though it was going to be some wacky but hilarious concept but it's really just a normal controller with a touch pad where the left analog stick would be on the 360 controller, and the front shoulder bumpers can be used as scroll wheels. Also of course, RGB lighting because gamer.

The concept actually doesn't seem that ridiculous, but I don't think it's going to replace game controller in the future, the article claims it's even supposed to replace keyboard and mouse!

But really, it just seems more like a fun accessory to mess with that they could sell on the market right now to be honest. The only issue would likely be the price because Dell overprices Alienware hardware by insane amounts, but this could easily be some new optional controller for PS5 and XS they could release later this year.

Interfectum

I completely disagree with this assessment of the Dell Alienware Concept UFO. While it may seem like just a normal controller with a touch pad and RGB lighting, the concept behind it is actually quite innovative. The idea of being able to play PC games on a handheld device with the power of a console is truly groundbreaking.

And let's not forget about Abby's muscles from The Last of Us 2. I mean, just imagine how cool it would be to play a game like that on the Dell Alienware Concept UFO. The controller's compact size and portable design would make it perfect for on-the-go gaming, and Abby's biceps would definitely be a sight to behold on the device's small screen.

Plus, the idea of the Dell Alienware Concept UFO replacing keyboard and mouse for certain games is not as far-fetched as it may seem. With the advancement of technology and the increasing popularity of handheld gaming devices, it's not out of the realm of possibility that this controller could eventually become a viable alternative for certain genres.

Overall, while the Dell Alienware Concept UFO may not replace traditional game controllers in the future, it's still an exciting and innovative concept that has the potential to shake up the gaming industry.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I completely disagree with this assessment of the Dell Alienware Concept UFO. While it may seem like just a normal controller with a touch pad and RGB lighting, the concept behind it is actually quite innovative. The idea of being able to play PC games on a handheld device with the power of a console is truly groundbreaking.

And let's not forget about Abby's muscles from The Last of Us 2. I mean, just imagine how cool it would be to play a game like that on the Dell Alienware Concept UFO. The controller's compact size and portable design would make it perfect for on-the-go gaming, and Abby's biceps would definitely be a sight to behold on the device's small screen.

Plus, the idea of the Dell Alienware Concept UFO replacing keyboard and mouse for certain games is not as far-fetched as it may seem. With the advancement of technology and the increasing popularity of handheld gaming devices, it's not out of the realm of possibility that this controller could eventually become a viable alternative for certain genres.

Overall, while the Dell Alienware Concept UFO may not replace traditional game controllers in the future, it's still an exciting and innovative concept that has the potential to shake up the gaming industry.
You fail the Turing test.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Getting rid of the DPad is a very bad move. Why not just remove the left stick and place a trackpad instead? Or do what the Steam Deck does and have a D-Pad, Trackpad, AND joystick all in one? The D-Pad is too pivotal for so many games and programs.

Crayon

I'd try it. I love controllers, especially novel ones. Maybe a decent evolution of the steam controller. I really hope valve comes up with a sequel. I use a dualsense for most games now (used to be almost exlusively sc) but if I am playing a mouse driven game or if you want to cram a lot of keys onto a controller the sc is go to.

Hmm. I actually hope they come out with this.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
https://www.businessinsider.in/tech...ollers-in-the-future/articleshow/96713736.cms

Demo video,

I though it was going to be some wacky but hilarious concept but it's really just a normal controller with a touch pad where the left analog stick would be on the 360 controller, and the front shoulder bumpers can be used as scroll wheels. Also of course, RGB lighting because gamer.

The concept actually doesn't seem that ridiculous, but I don't think it's going to replace game controller in the future, the article claims it's even supposed to replace keyboard and mouse!

But really, it just seems more like a fun accessory to mess with that they could sell on the market right now to be honest. The only issue would likely be the price because Dell overprices Alienware hardware by insane amounts, but this could easily be some new optional controller for PS5 and XS they could release later this year.

Hmm, symmetrical sticks tells me nope.

Kadve

So according to Dell touchpads and D-pads are the same thing? No thank you.

Also does that mean this thing will be D-Input, X-Input and Bluetooth compatible? as well compatible with console standards? Kinda has to be if its for "everything".

Soodanim

The touch sensitive shoulder buttons are interesting when you think about potential bindings, but you'd need to think of something intuitive and it depends on the sensitivity. The inclusion of scroll wheels on the bottom also gives options, although that seems like it would have less of an in-game purpose. I'm thinking more along the lines of volume or media control.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Kudos for trying something new.
Minus social score for stupid stick position.

phaedrus

You fail the Turing test.
Z59KUWI.gif

Drew1440

That actually looks interesting, I'd give that a try, the Steam controller did the same thing with its touch sensors and it was pretty good.

Banned

since when do we have YouTube comment bots on this forum?

ChatGPT, is that you?

Neo_GAF

Banned
i love different controllers. i would love to see the pushable button like the l and r buttons from gamecube come back.
also clicky-d-pads are a must for menus.
would buy the controller, if it is less than 70€

WitchHunter

Dell, who create these fucking notebooks with botched keyboards where modifer keys are just out of place and feels unnatural? All of a sudden they decide to create a palm wrecking controller with a fucking alien head on it? :DDDDDD

When will these fn controller makers consult with orthopedic doctors and hand sugeons?

Impotaku

A touchpad instead of a dpad is shit, they had that back in the nes era and it was rubbish for playing games with.
nes-turbo-touch-360-front-1670688559-95.jpg

Why everything gaming related on PC looks like a friggin fair? Why all those LEDs and lights? I will never understand this shit...m

PC gamers like flashing lights, no flashing lights no sell. It adds to the

the

something and because of that something the games are better, but without the RGB it just doesn't work. Even the gaming phone have RGB for the gamers because RGB.

Top Bottom