• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Hinokami Chronicles - Gameplay & Release Day Trailer

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im sorry, nobody talking about it? pretty sure it was top of the box office in US one week and second the next. The movie netted 500 million globally.....yea NOBODY is talking about it lol.

If you live in your own bubble that's fine but its pretty fuckin huge.
video game =/= movie, anime series.

One punch man anime is a success, but nobody is talking about the fighting game anymore, see what I mean here?

Last edited:
Aniplex is the North American licensee of the series. Yes they're owned by Sony but they don't own the IP, they just license it from Ufotable who produced the series.

It's like saying Harmony Gold owned Macross.
No, Ufotable is one of three companies that's part of the production committee. Aniplex, Sheuiesha, and Ufotable. Anixplix is one of the main production companies, not just the US licenser. It's not like Harmony Gold, because Aniplex is a Japanese company that produces and then sometimes also releases in America. Something they've been doing for about a decade. If anything it's like Pioneer from back in the day. So they do actually having a controlling stake in the anime.

Last edited:

Karmic Raze

video game =/= movie, anime series.

One punch man anime is a success, but nobody is talking about the fighting game anymore, see what I mean here?
Like ManaByte said, Demon Slayer is a whole different beast and that One Punch Man game was fucking garbage too. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't think anyone with taste would say One Punch Man is garbage.

But I really think you are overestimating how good a solid anime game is going to sell. Even DragonBall games selling a million+ is great. No matter how popular Demon Slayer is(and it is) there's no guarantee it's going to sell gangbusters. It will probably do pretty well.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I don't think anyone with taste would say One Punch Man is garbage.

But I really think you are overestimating how good a solid anime game is going to sell. Even DragonBall games selling a million+ is great. No matter how popular Demon Slayer is(and it is) there's no guarantee it's going to sell gangbusters. It will probably do pretty well.
It’ll probably be the biggest PS5 game in October that doesn’t take up 250GB on the SSD.

GymWolf

The anime is godlike.

You will have a great moment just like with the best ones (Dragon Ball, One Piece, Jojo, Hunter X Hunter, Golden Kamui, One Punch Man, SNK...).

Kimetsu no Yaiba deserves totally all his praise and his success, because it is so good.
Watched the first episode yesterday, it was good shit.

yurinka

It's weird to see that Aniplex belongs to Sony, but Sony Music. I understand it's because they have a music part, but I think it would make more sense to put their anime part under Sony pictures and their games part under SIE/PlayStation Studios.

Because there are cases like this one, where Sony could have published this game worldwide but they asked Sega to do it. Looks great btw, CyberConnect are very talented regarding visuals.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Coming out on Xbox as well:
You gonna be my xBro on it and play some VS

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to sell gangbusters. Hope the gameplay is somewhat decent!

Coming out on Xbox as well:
Well, it is published by Sega. Their games - that are not Switch exclusives - have been consistenly on Xbox since the 2 years ago or something.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I was going to get the physical release, but I really wanted the digital deluxe extras (especially the PSN avatars) so...
zOecoWw.jpg

Pejo

Story bits look good. Shame they couldn't do better for gameplay than a typical anime arena fighter though. The potential of what could have been.

Another Niche weebo game which will be dead within months.

Yes, like Demon Souls Remake, Re8 and Hatched and Clank. Already forgotten.
And i will not mention fps games.

Man, listen, insulting fans of anime games will not make you a better person.

Dead game for many, alive for me. That's what matters.

Reactions: Isa

Larxia

Really looks like a storm clone, which isn't a bad thing since I love the storm games.

But this game will probably have an awful online again, the netcode on the naruto storm games has always been abysmal. It's really a shame because I love Storm 4 and I would still be playing it regularly if the online was decent, but most of the time you have like a whole second of delay.

Playing with a HUGE input lag, it's really not fun at all and ruins the gameplay, and they never improved it, even after so many games, I wish they would switch to rollback and update storm with it :messenger_frowning_

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Was more interesting than any cut of KnY which is just another "consistent" animation show that does nothing interesting.

Game looks mid considering what they could actually do with it.
Well that's because the actual fights has not started yet . It's only fodders so far , the end of Mugen train movie is a glimpse of what's coming .

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Aniplex has released the third in its series of “Play Report” videos for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles featuring Nezuko Kamado voice actor Akari Kitou and MC Shouhei Taguchi.

In part three, Shouhei Taguchi challenges the second chapter of Story Mode—“The Swamp Demon.”

A fourth Play Report video will be released on October 1.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I don’t watch a lot of anime but I watch the whole 1rst season of this and the movie and enjoyed it a lot.

Bullet Club

The story of Tanjiro Kamado and the Demon Slayer Corps is finally making the jump to video games with CyberConnect2's Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles. Check out this Hinokami Chronicles preview to get a final look at the game before it releases on October 13 for PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The latest Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles trailer gives us our first look at how the events of the Mugen Train Arc are presented in the game. Check out Adventure Mode where players will experience the tale through Tanjiro's eyes, and VS mode where we can put our skills to the test.

Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles will be released on PC via Steam, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One on October 15, 2021 in North America and Europe.

Last edited:

onesvenus

I just realized this game is being published by Sega outside Japan.
Being a big Sony property, doesn't this go against the notion that Sony divisions are actively collaborating?

TagZ

Not a fan of arena fighters, I thought the earlier Narutimate games from Cyberconnect2 were better.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Being a big Sony property, doesn't this go against the notion that Sony divisions are actively collaborating?

It's not a Sony property. Shueisha, the publisher of Shonen Jump, owns the Kimetsu IP 100%. Aniplex, which is owned by Sony, is one of three production studios that were licensed to produce the anime based on the manga that Shueisha owns 100%.

Last edited:

Doom85

Can someone tell me what is the appeal of this anime?

I mean, it looks just like another Naruto.

I mean, I enjoy Naruto, but the anime wasn’t animated by the god-level talent of a studio like UFOtable.

Demon Slayer, on the other hand:

Kimetsu No Yaiba Demon Slayer GIF by Crunchyroll

200.gif

200.gif

Like, yeah the story and characters are nothing exceptional but that’s fine. It aims simply to be an entertaining action and adventure tale and it succeeds at that IMHO.

Top Bottom