• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
There is a wall preventing you from proceeding into 1-3 unless you beat one of the great demons from the third section of any other chapter. Otherwise you are free to tackle them at your own pace. Be warned that 3-2 and 4-2 are difficult for different reasons.

Also, 5-2 is a pain in the ass because stepping into the swamp makes you too heavy to roll. There is a secret ring to remove overencumberabce in the swamp inside 3-2, but to access it you need pure black tendency, which means you ought to beat the whole chapter first and then kill yourself in human form there enough times to make it pure black. It should be noted that you have to go back to the Nexus to observe any changes. Honestly, running through 5-2 and opening the shortcut connecting to the start is still the most sensible way to do it.

Last edited:

Pejo

I know its maybe a dumb question but level wise, how are you supposed to play the game? I was following a Royalty class guide so I did world 1-1 and 2-1 in order to get some items so my question is, is the game supposed to be played 1-1,1-2,1-3 etc so basically you go through the whole archstone of one world first or should i do 1-1, 2-1,3-1,4-1 and so on first?
There's a generally agreed upon best/smoothest path, but the nice thing about Demon's Souls is that you can tackle it at (basically) any order you want. If you get stuck somewhere in Boletaria, just go back and try 2-1 or 4-1. I would save the swamp until you are fairly confident in your abilities and have lots of healing items.

Thanks guys ok Ill follow that. So far I got the crecent falchion sword from 4-1 and kris sword from 2-1. Supposedly if I have kris in one hand and the catalyst in the other, should boost magic up. As a mage should I put on some actual armor and change my shield or stay as is for dexterity?

So far with some farming im:
magic 30
vitality 20
intelligence 14
havent yet touched strength or dexterity

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
There is no point in armor for a mage build, in fact the best strategy is to use a special ring to augment your magic damage when below 30% health (one hit from death). Without spoiling anything, there are two characters that can turn boss souls into magic spells. Those will expand your arsenal greatly. Level 3-1 has the two rings to augment magic damage and one of those characters. Level up your intelligence to have more spells at your disposal. With the Kris, you are set for most of the game even if there are two optional more powerful catalysts that can be acquired in the game (one of which scales Magic equally with Faith and would not be of use to your build).

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
Went for a quality build but the Chunks won’t drop. Anyone know a good place?

Edit:

LOL got the pure bladestone first try

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
Made quite some progress today. Did 2-2, 2-3, 3-2, 3-3, 4-2 and 4-3. Only 1-3 and 1-4 left and nearly all white tendency events done. Still think this is the best souls games.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Made quite some progress today. Did 2-2, 2-3, 3-2, 3-3, 4-2 and 4-3. Only 1-3 and 1-4 left and nearly all white tendency events done. Still think this is the best souls games.
Wait until you face the boss of 1-4 as he pulls off some broken stuff in a bad way.

Top Bottom