• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

Kamina

Golden Boy
I will be honest with you, as much enjoyed Demons Souls on PS5 I'm still not fan of changes they made with some of the enemy/boss designs and I LOVE Bloodborne's enemy/boss designs, I hate to see it get ruined.
What changes specifically? From memory most appeared the same.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What changes specifically? From memory most appeared the same.
This mostly my personal taste....

but I didn't changes they made with fat officials, in original they had sinister look to them
tslgpxfcubq41.jpg

but in Remake they look like fat guy with gross skin condition.
EmlBHEYXIAATzH-.jpg

I also feel same way with Vangard design, in the remake it look monster came straight from Doom or Diablo
s12Y3l3.png
maxresdefault.jpg

Same with Flamelurker.
Demons-Souls_Flamelurker.jpg
Demons-Souls-Remake-Flamelurker-Boss-Guide.jpg

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy

but I didn't changes they made with fat officials, in original they had sinister look to them

I also feel same way with Vangard design, in the remake it look monster came straight from Doom or Diablo

Same with Flamelurker.
I get that some people may prefer the OG designs, but these few small changes are hardly reason to claim that bluepoint ruined the game. Its not like the new designs are bad, just different.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I get that some people may prefer the OG designs, but these few small changes are hardly reason to claim that bluepoint ruined the game. Its not like the new designs are bad, just different.
In my personal opinion they are, If given the choice I rather FROM themselves work on the remake rather than Bluepoint.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I just don't like their looks, I especially hate Vanguard's redesign, its feel like it came from Doom game.
1*S2Gf2xN-cGFIEUmXXRX05w.jpeg
Oh well, i still think DeS Remake is a great game overall.
I am just sour that they didn‘t implement the 6th archstone. I know why they didnt, but i am sour.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Grabbed this on Friday. I haven’t played DeS since 2010 when PSN got hacked.

What a work of true art Bluepoint have made. I’m currently at 1-2 after finishing 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 and 5-1. Haven’t really gotten hung up on any bosses yet thanks to the cheesing staying intact. Rolled with an Easy Mode Pussy Royal because I fuckin love that Soul beam (also grabbed the fireball magic).

Found a Mirdan Hammer from one of the mine creatures and got it up to +5 last night and now I’m wrecking fools.

It still can be terrifying. I had that red knight guarding the mausoleum in 1-1 chase me all the way back to the beginning archstone. Scarier than any RE or horror game in recent memory.

Kamina

Golden Boy
It still can be terrifying. I had that red knight guarding the mausoleum in 1-1 chase me all the way back to the beginning archstone. Scarier than any RE or horror game in recent memory.
The Knight is scripted to turn around once you reach the wall with the catapults. Also they loose agro range quickly if you are running away.
So either this was bugged, or i don’t know what.

FrankWza

The Knight is scripted to turn around once you reach the wall with the catapults. Also they loose agro range quickly if you are running away.
This sounds awesome. Upload it!

Umbral

tslgpxfcubq41.jpg

EmlBHEYXIAATzH-.jpg

s12Y3l3.png
maxresdefault.jpg

Same with Flamelurker.
I agree with you on the Fat Officials. Vanguard doesn’t bother me as much and Flamelurker I think is fine. The Fat Official did not need to have his gut exposed or boils on him to make him gross. They removed his creepy smile too.

My theory is that western developers might think that the weirdness in the designs is either a mistake or arbitrary when they are anything but.

Last edited:
Not the right thread but EviLore EviLore , so after a brief souls sabbatical I've resumed DS2 from the opening section of the game. Defeated around 5 bosses and it's been fantastic so far. Wrapping up Demon's Souls remake with back to back playthrough of Dark Souls Remastered, DS2 felt off. Taking a short break and jumping back into DS2 has done the trick for me. The 3 Sentinels fight took me a dozen attempts :lollipop_fearful:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Nice, glad you’re having fun with it. Yeah, it can be ball-crushingly difficult at times, and it’s a different kind of difficult than the Miyazaki-led Souls games, but there are still memorable experiences to be had in there.

HotPocket69

Banned

Nah. It was no bug.

Sorry you couldn’t experience the insane amount of awesomeness I did. Maybe next time.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Not nimble enough if Mr. Red Eyes was chansing you to the archstone.

If I wasn’t nimble enough he would’ve caught me before I got there

Why are we still discussing this? Moving on...

Beat Tower Knight first try last night and didn’t kill any archers 🥳

Copped the poison cloud to fuck up the Maneaters and Doran later 🥳

Last edited:

Paulxo87

For anyone looking for a fun build do a quality meat cleaver build with +5 adjudicators shield and +5 quality bow. combine it with cursed weapon and second chance.. the regen is sick and you'll smack the fuck out of anything that moves.

Paulxo87

Grabbed this on Friday. I haven’t played DeS since 2010 when PSN got hacked.

What a work of true art Bluepoint have made. I’m currently at 1-2 after finishing 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 and 5-1. Haven’t really gotten hung up on any bosses yet thanks to the cheesing staying intact. Rolled with an Easy Mode Pussy Royal because I fuckin love that Soul beam (also grabbed the fireball magic).

Found a Mirdan Hammer from one of the mine creatures and got it up to +5 last night and now I’m wrecking fools.

have him chase your ass all the way back to the staircase. If you stand in a certain spot he falls to his death every single time. Good early farming until you reach the GOAT farm spot which is 4-2 reaper

HotPocket69

Banned
have him chase your ass all the way back to the staircase. If you stand in a certain spot he falls to his death every single time. Good early farming until you reach the GOAT farm spot which is 4-2 reaper

Tell me more about this GOAT Reaper farm spot in 4-2 please🤓

Paulxo87

Tell me more about this GOAT Reaper farm spot in 4-2 please🤓

As soon as you enter 4-2 you run through the cavern and snipe the reaper with 3-4 arrows and run back to the archstone and respawn. It's 4500ish souls in 40 seconds. Almost 7000 with black world tendency.

Just do this for an hour and you'll have all the souls you ever dreamed of lol

HotPocket69

Banned
As soon as you enter 4-2 you run through the cavern and snipe the reaper with 3-4 arrows and run back to the archstone and respawn. It's 4500ish souls in 40 seconds. Almost 7000 with black world tendency.

Welp that’s what I’m doing after work

iHaunter

tslgpxfcubq41.jpg

EmlBHEYXIAATzH-.jpg

s12Y3l3.png
maxresdefault.jpg

Same with Flamelurker.
Do you own the game? Because that's the old Flamelurker...

HotPocket69

Banned

Should I talk to that dude in the cave at the beginning or is he the one that kicks me down the hole? All I want to do is farm 😬

Paulxo87

Should I talk to that dude in the cave at the beginning or is he the one that kicks me down the hole? All I want to do is farm 😬

He's the guy you rescued in 4-1 from the cell. He's a good dude has a lot of different kind of arrows to sell. The guy who kicked you down the hole. You didn't kill him did you? He appears in the nexus and actually has the best arrows(heavy) and sells the best/cheapest grass in the game lol

HotPocket69

Banned
He's the guy you rescued in 4-1 from the cell. He's a good dude has a lot of different kind of arrows to sell. The guy who kicked you down the hole. You didn't kill him did you? He appears in the nexus and actually has the best arrows(heavy) and sells the best/cheapest grass in the game lol

Ok thanks! I haven’t killed any of the friendlies I’ve run into.

4-2 is farther than I am right now (2-2) but I’ll still take on the reaper for a couple hours. I want to be a tank against Flamelurker.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned

Yo this place is great! Raking them in! Thanks again homie 😎

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I started NG+ on pure black character tendency. Aside, from accidentally killing Yuria I have saved NPCs and destroyed black phantoms. How can I get this back to pure white?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Ya'll wanna hear something funny? Im on my NG+ and the boss that I am struggling with is.................get this.................
Offline Old Monk

I keep messing up....I tried nuking him with Firestorm the way I did the Maneaters

I'm no longer gud....help!

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Ya'll wanna hear something funny? Im on my NG+ and the boss that I am struggling with is.................get this.................
Offline Old Monk

I keep messing up....I tried nuking him with Firestorm the way I did the Maneaters

Don't mess up!

TheBoss1

Offline Old Monk

Dark Silver Shield and whatever straight sword you like that's leveled up to your character's strengths. Or if you want to cheese him just use a Very Large Sword (DBS or Great Sword) and keep smashing him into the ground.

TheBoss1

Everyone suggests 4-2 as a great farming spot, which it is, but if you're in just your first new game then 4-4 (The Monolith Forest) is faster. You can one shot the rays with the Storm Ruler unlike NG+. I gain 17K each time in human form/white world tendency without the Ring of Avarice and Silver Bracelet, so I can only imagine how much more it would be in BWT/soul form and with those items. The Storm Ruler wears down fast so if you want to be efficient use the above methods along with Ronin's Ring and bask in the riches.

If you're new to the game (especially if it's your first Souls game like me) and struggling, I do not recommend this though because the flying stingrays will rain down on you and you might risk losing your souls. You can play it safer by spawning in at 4-3 but you won't farm as fast.

In NG+, the phantom right before you enter the room in world 3-4 is extremely time efficient once you have soul sucker. You gain a 3/4 the amount of souls in like 1/4 the time it takes to do 4-4. I think it's the best farming spot I've found so far. It will save your sanity.

HotPocket69

Banned
Offline Old Monk

Duuude I had SUCH a great run a couple nights ago. Firelurker first try (kited around and blasted with Soul Ray) and Maneater first try (absolutely cheesed with Poison Cloud) and then the offline Monk killed me twice 😔

It was a really off combo of hilarious and demoralizing 🤣

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Offline Old Monk

yep. same thing happened to me on several runs. especially the magic builds since i was rolling with several items that decreased my magic resistance so those homing arrows would kill me in one hit.

best way to beat him and that awful climb up the stairs is using an anti magic shield. it nerfs not just the old monk boss but also the mind flayers. then swing away.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Everyone suggests 4-2 as a great farming spot, which it is, but if you're in just your first new game then 4-4 (The Monolith Forest) is faster. You can one shot the rays with the Storm Ruler unlike NG+. I gain 17K each time in human form/white world tendency without the Ring of Avarice and Silver Bracelet, so I can only imagine how much more it would be in BWT/soul form and with those items. The Storm Ruler wears down fast so if you want to be efficient use the above methods along with Ronin's Ring and bask in the riches.

If you're new to the game (especially if it's your first Souls game like me) and struggling, I do not recommend this though because the flying stingrays will rain down on you and you might risk losing your souls. You can play it safer by spawning in at 4-3 but you won't farm as fast.

In NG+, the phantom right before you enter the room in world 3-4 is extremely time efficient once you have soul sucker. You gain a 3/4 the amount of souls in like 1/4 the time it takes to do 4-4. I think it's the best farming spot I've found so far. It will save your sanity.
the best farming spot in the game is 4-2, but you have to start at the old hero boss shrine and work your way back up the crypts. there is a red ninja facing the other way, and you can sneak up on him and a single soul suck will get you 60k souls. the run is a bit long. it will probably take you 30 seconds to get to him and you will have to kill the executioner before you get to the red ninja, but one run can easily get you 120k souls because there are two red skeletons facing the other way as well. soul suck them both and you will get 30k each. its roughly a 4 minute run and very risky because they can just turn around if you fuck it up (equip the catalyst in your right hand for extra range and dont use talisman of beast) but i remember getting something crazy like 160k souls per run on NG+.

TheBoss1

the best farming spot in the game is 4-2, but you have to start at the old hero boss shrine and work your way back up the crypts. there is a red ninja facing the other way, and you can sneak up on him and a single soul suck will get you 60k souls. the run is a bit long. it will probably take you 30 seconds to get to him and you will have to kill the executioner before you get to the red ninja, but one run can easily get you 120k souls because there are two red skeletons facing the other way as well. soul suck them both and you will get 30k each. its roughly a 4 minute run and very risky because they can just turn around if you fuck it up (equip the catalyst in your right hand for extra range and dont use talisman of beast) but i remember getting something crazy like 160k souls per run on NG+.
PBT/soul form? It sounds interesting so I will try this on my NG+++ file but I wonder if it's actually faster than 4-4. I net about 13K in 10 seconds (PWT/body form) and it's pretty much risk free because the red phantom takes forever to turn which eliminates sneaking up and wasting time.

You got a video on YouTube you can share to show how it's done? I searched it but everyone just recommends the bow/reaper method.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Got my mutherfucking platinum trophy. NG++ was a damn breeze compared to NG+

It would seem that boosting my character and world tendency back to white at the end of NG+ made a massive difference.

Of course, I almost messed up as I had forgotten to rescue Ostrava before facing the Tower Knight and rescued him when I freed Bjorr. I wasn't able to rescue him from the battle knights and was worried he was gone for good. Thankfully, he appeared and suicided in 4-4. Then was able to proceed with Mephistopheles quest and then the Platinum popped while I got the Foes ring.

TheBoss1

Got my mutherfucking platinum trophy. NG++ was a damn breeze compared to NG+

It would seem that boosting my character and world tendency back to white at the end of NG+ made a massive difference.

Of course, I almost messed up as I had forgotten to rescue Ostrava before facing the Tower Knight and rescued him when I freed Bjorr. I wasn't able to rescue him from the battle knights and was worried he was gone for good. Thankfully, he appeared and suicided in 4-4. Then was able to proceed with Mephistopheles quest and then the Platinum popped while I got the Foes ring.
Umbasa

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I will say that Bluepoint really should implement a respec option. I'd love to try out a Faith or Quality, even Luck build. But really don't have the interest in starting from scratch.

FrankWza

I will say that Bluepoint really should implement a respec option. I'd love to try out a Faith or Quality, even Luck build. But really don't have the interest in starting from scratch.
If you bulldoze through to allant after competing once how far back can he take your souls level if you let him?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Despite the fact that they have said no. I do wish and still hope they would add the 6th archstone. Many people have clamored for Bluepoint to make their own game, making a 6th archstone based on From's design notes would be their way of testing the waters. My gut feeling has always been is that From took the content they made for the 6th archstone and repurposed it in Dark Souls.

While they're at it, add a respec option!

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Despite the fact that they have said no. I do wish and still hope they would add the 6th archstone. Many people have clamored for Bluepoint to make their own game, making a 6th archstone based on From's design notes would be their way of testing the waters. My gut feeling has always been is that From took the content they made for the 6th archstone and repurposed it in Dark Souls.

While they're at it, add a respect option!
As much as i would love to see additional content for Demon's Souls it is up to From Software and not Bluepoint to add this.

I love the original and highly respect them for their efforts in remaking this game but they are not even close in terms of talent in game design.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
As much as i would love to see additional content for Demon's Souls it is up to From Software and not Bluepoint to add this.

I love the original and highly respect them for their efforts in remaking this game but they are not even close in terms of talent in game design.
I've been against the notion of allowing Bluepoint to make their own game for quite some time. Mainly because they are simply not a studio built to do such a thing. Despite that many people on this forum say it would be nice to get their own game. If Bluepoint does have an interest, I say let them see what they can do on Demon's Souls DLC. Maybe they can surprise us or remind us that they are a remake studio and not one for developing their own original games.

Top Bottom