• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

the.acl

People still play this game? I played D2 for a good two months before I gave up on it, I even paid for the edition with the season pass lol

I still play occasionally. It's bleeding players but bungie seems to be trying to fix it. Again.

I am somewhat excited for Warmind. The changes to exotic weapons seems to be a lot of fun.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Yesterday’s preview and tease about fighting that worm god got me pretty hyped honestly.

The exotic masterworks seem really OP. Looks fun

Last edited:
I'll give this a try tomorrow, I'm woefully under-geared since I played a little bit of CoO before saying "enough." Barely squeezed 322 tonight, I'm sure i'll get up faster once I do the campaign.

Phear

I'm excited. Feels Like i'm the only one still playing allthough i've never done the RAID :'(

Last edited:
Completed the campaing last night. It was ok. One mission in an old area from vanilla D2. Two missions were actually strikes. Could've been better. But it was certainly better than CoO.
Now comes the grind.

What do the expansions add for vanilla players?

I'm not sure. QoL changes and pvp maps.

VertigoOA

Banned
I don’t mind the power level grind much; we’ve been there before more or less.

The warmind content and the current state of season 3 has been pretty friggin good so far.

Exotic armor is getting reworked at the end of the month too and if it’s anything like what they did to weapons... hype?

I still need to do the new raid lair, escalation protocol and do this week’s step for the Polaris lance.

Overall, this is some good Destiny right now.

I'm addicted to destiny again. I'm really hopeful that bungie will fix the game. They updated the roadmap and we're getting a PTR by the end of the month.

VertigoOA

Banned
Yea got an exotic catalyst last night finally and for borealis. Then I realized how many questing goals I have, Crucible rank rewards and other vendor gear items I want to grind towards; that I’ve only gotten to wave 2 on escalation protocol and that these weekly heroics are tough but a nice challenge with modifiers that remind me of end of year 1 D1 and soloing nightfalls.

Glad to see it on the top 5 of xbl’s most popular games right now (I play on PS4 but still a decent metric).

Goes without saying that D2 is in a good spot at the moment but it really is... the grip this game has on my gamer life right now is pretty nuts.

VertigoOA

Banned
I haven’t done the new raid yet. Currently at 355 with my Titan and hunter.

If anyone wants to start raiding I’m down. Looking to get a few Argos clears before taking on spire.

Btw, escalation protocol looks like the best of the current end game activities. Bosses move! I got tired of leviathian’s puzzle mechanics and game show feel... altho a lot of that probably has to do with raid drops being meh

I guess we're the only guardians left. This is sad. Destiny Gaf was so active back then.

My PS4 buddies abandoned the game so i switched to PC for good. So, for now, no raiding for me.
It sucks not having acrius and sins of the past.

xviper

Hey Dead Destiny 2 community, have you completed the whisper of the worm quest? Nice challenge. Amazing visuals and a great weapon.
when i heard about the quest i got pissed

Exotics locked behind a VERY short timed event is the worst thing that happened in Destiny 1 and now it happened to Destiny 2, fuck Bungie, some people don't have the fucking time to play Destiny 24\7, this game has no respect to the player's time, it's like Bungie saying "Fuck your time"
its like they want you to ignore everything and only focus on Destiny

i'm sure Forsaken will be filled with these garbage Timed events

as much as i fucking love Destiny, but i don't think i'm gonna get Forsaken, to enjoy Destiny you need to a have a LOTS and LOTS of free time

when i heard about the quest i got pissed

Exotics locked behind a VERY short timed event is the worst thing that happened in Destiny 1 and now it happened to Destiny 2, fuck Bungie, some people don't have the fucking time to play Destiny 24\7, this game has no respect to the player's time, it's like Bungie saying "Fuck your time"
its like they want you to ignore everything and only focus on Destiny

i'm sure Forsaken will be filled with these garbage Timed events

as much as i fucking love Destiny, but i don't think i'm gonna get Forsaken, to enjoy Destiny you need to a have a LOTS and LOTS of free time

The quest will be back next weekend i think. That's better than the original black spindle quest in D1.
The real issue is how often the cabal event happens in lost oasis instead of the taken blight event. Took us hours on saturday to finally get a chance to try the quest.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Finally decided to jump back into D2 thanks to the expansion pass being on sale.

What's the XB1 side of the Destiny GAF community looking like?

Elcid

Banned
I'm looking for some ps4 buddies who want to level with me since I just got the game on sale. Pm me if interested. I'm on the east coast

Elcid

Banned
Just played this game for 14 hours straight and completed all storyline quests. Got to 30 and 335 light...this game is amazing.

Eyeron

I’ll be on later (PC) grinding my Solstice gear upgrades. Also play WoW. Feel free to add me on Blizzard. Same name.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Anyone up for doing the Blue Solstice gear challenges on XB1? I'll be attempting them all week, so just PM me here and we'll get a group together.

Dthomp

If there are any Gaf users here looking for a group/clan to join up with for Forsaken and onward. We are rebuilding our clan. We have always had a solid group of 5-6 from the old Gaf days and to be completely honest are sick of the "cliques" of the era discord and them not being super helpful for all activities such as Raids and PVP.

Vex Enthusiasts
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2054005

We are on PS4, and most are in the West Coast and a few Central Time zone in US

Dthomp

One more day, my titan is 542, my hunter 540 I think I’m ready. Too bad my crew isn’t going to be on til late. If any crews from here need one shoot me a psn message, wouldn’t mind spending some time in the raid early on for the experience

Ar¢tos

Is it too late to jump into destiny 2 now? I'm concerned that by the time I catch up with the rest of the players nobody will be doing the raids or other activities anymore. Are people still running the 1st raid for example?

Dthomp

Is it too late to jump into destiny 2 now? I'm concerned that by the time I catch up with the rest of the players nobody will be doing the raids or other activities anymore. Are people still running the 1st raid for example?

I think it will be a while before anybody is running old content tbh. The first other part for many is that the yr1 D2 raids are viewed by many as not good, or maybe just not fun. They are overly mechanic heavy so it was usually just prebuilts running together more then pickup groups. It’s not a bad time to jump in, but most of the good content is the stuff that came in forsaken.

The base campaign was I guess ok, the first dlc was horrible (other then the raid lair). Warming was better then Osiris, but still not great in many eyes.

IMO Forsaken in its current state is what d2 should have been at launch and not the addition onto a bad product. I’m not sure how far back Fatal from gaf here was, but he has just caught up to forsaken and seems to be enjoying it, but I think he just plowed through the year 1 content asap

I would say it's not too late, especially if you just got the PS Plus version for free on PS4. Think of it like one of the largest trial versions ever offered, but Forsaken really is where the game is now, and the old raid is just about the only thing that doesn't have matchmaking and you'd be missing out on.

And speaking as someone who played the old raid, you're really not missing much. Plus, if you have an interest in crucible (competitive multiplayer) or Gambit, those can be done at any power level. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

VertigoOA

Banned
Love super man striker Titan.

But the new solar Titan? Delete it from the game. It’s fuckig trash. Can’t believe how much I hate it... really thought I’d like it.

Top Bottom