• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and New Light Delayed to October 1st

Mista

Banned
Destiny-2-Shadowkeep_02-1024x576.jpg

The launch of Destiny 2’s next big expansion Shadowkeep and the free to play Destiny 2: New Light has been delayed. Bungie announced that both would be coming on October 1st as opposed to September 17th. In a recent news post, it stated that, “As we get closer and closer to serving up Shadowkeep and New Light, it has become increasingly clear to us that our releases for this Fall would benefit from a bit more time in the oven.
“Being independent means that the future of Destiny 2 is entirely on our team. It also means that we’re agile enough to choose to do what’s best for the game and our players, even if it’s the hard choice.”

As such, the World First race for the new Garden of Salvation raid will take place on October 5th and will be active through the weekend.
GamingBolt

ookami

Clearly had nothing to do with Borderlands 3 launch at the exact same time, along with rumored low pre-order numbers, nothing at all...
Well, I think they want a flawless release with a good press since they're now the sole publisher of the game. Which means having complete features and really few bugs. The scope of those changes, taking apart the story and new content coming with the DLC, might be a bit sensitive since it is one of the core aspects of the game mechanics. Plus transitioning data/accounts to steam and having a clean feature for cross-save... Add to that the New Lite experience. That's a lot of structural changes.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
2 week dlc delay is alright. Especially if it gives me two more weeks to unlock Not Forgotten. Bummed but I’ll still be playing.

They should’ve staggered the release of new light and shadowkeep. Cross-save coming this month so definitely giving that a spin ... just can’t do it for free.

Top Bottom