• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Collector's Edition Preorder

Mista

Banned
CA62-A180-5-BDC-426-A-A357-69-DB73796-FE6.jpg

Digital Products delivered via Email before September 17, 2019:

• Digital Code for Destiny 2: Digital Deluxe Edition, with Digital Deluxe Edition In-game Bonuses
  • Digital Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Original Soundtrack
Collector's Edition Exclusive Physical Collectible Bundle Contents delivered on or before September 17, 2019:

• In-game Emblem Code: An exclusive in-game emblem code printed inside the physical collectible bundle.
  • Hive Cryptoglyph Replica: Follow clues in the Collector’s Edition to unlock the Hive Cryptoglyph and its secret contents. Dimensions: 7.8”L.
  • Metal Luna Mission Container: A metal Luna mission folio that holds esoteric relics and records. Dimensions: 8.6”L x 5.9”W.
  • Luna Mission Handbook: Containing 40 pages of schematics and design documents.
  • Luna Journal: A 192-page journal featuring additional story content that is bound with the mysterious charms and talismans of Eris Morn.
  • Artifacts from the Golden Age
Delivery Schedule and Important Notes:

• E-delivery of digital game code estimated before September 17, 2019. Returns will not be allowed once codes have been distributed.
  • E-delivery of digital soundtrack code estimated on or before September 17, 2019.
  • Delivery of physical collectibles estimated on or before September 17, 2019.
  • Actual delivery date of physical collectibles may vary depending on your location and method of shipping.
  • Products with a broken seal may not be returned unless there is a defect with the product.
  • Bungie Store is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
  • Final product design subject to change.
  • Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe Edition game code and bonuses are NOT included in the No Game Code version of Collector’s Edition.
  • The Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Collector's Edition physical collectibles are offered in English language only.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
i'm so confused, what version do i buy if i own destiny 2 and s01 on battle.net, and want everything in one big package

Tesseract

Banned
not being a stickler, just outright confused by the mess of seasonal content / expansions

assuming $34.99 steam version gets me EVERYTHING until told otherwise

Mista

Banned
not being a stickler, just outright confused by the mess of seasonal content / expansions

Haven’t been around Destiny for a long time so I can’t confirm. Read the details of each high priced version

VertigoOA

Banned

Most likely not. It would be called shadowkeep legendary edition if it brought you completely up to date. I’d think 50-60$

Currently watching the 15 min vidoc

Armor transmog confirmed. Finishing moves!? The fuck!?

Renewed pvp focus. Finally! !!! Fight forever guardians

Return to the moon. Black garden. All of it is endgame

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
It's all a bit confusing. Did they formally announce the F2P thing yet?

Maybe at the end of the vidoc but that’s just for google stadia. It’s one of the marquee launch games. Still watching...

There’s a free to download experience called new light??? What the fuck is going? It’s a D2 campaign remake!? The duck!? I’m beyond confused. They say all year 1 content is free, gambit, raids, strikes, etc...

Now they’re announcing cross save

The next 3-5 years. ...Yea I don’t see destiny 3 coming anytime soon.

Last edited:

Tygeezy

I figured they would fulfill their promised obligations and then move on to destiny 3. Was this part of their previously announced roadmap or are they seriously keeping destiny 2 alive? I wouldn't want to invest time and money into this if they are soon looking to supplant it.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I figured they would fulfill their promised obligations and then move on to destiny 3. Was this part of their previously announced roadmap or they seriously keeping destiny 2 alive? I wouldn't want to invest time and money into this if they are soon looking to supplant it.

It is rumored that Bungie paid upwards of 100 million to end the deal with Activision. They are already listed as publisher for destiny 2. Destiny 2 will be published by Bungie moving forward. The end of the Activision partnership does not move us forward to d3. It ended the Sony exclusivity deal tho...

In fact, all the reworks that have happened, and will be happening... there’s always been a year 3 but never something that could arguably have even more content than year 2. I think we’re at least looking at a year 4.

All the Bungie leaks over the last year have been 100% true. If that’s the case, d3 is next gen.

The “new light” f2p experience leads me to believe that d2 has effectively become a destiny reboot. You start on the cosmodrome and have all Crucible maps, strikes, all year 1 raids and content... It’s a lot more than the base version being free, which I thought was the easier option but they’re doing more. With cross-save, the stadia launch, the eververse, armor 2.0 and everything in the vidoc... they’re looking to grow significantly this year with d2.

I saw elimination being demoed during the pvp portion of the vidoc... trials coming 😎

Last edited:

Tygeezy

It is rumored that Bungie paid upwards of 100 million to end the deal with Activision. They are already listed as publisher for destiny 2. Destiny 2 will be published by Bungie moving forward. The end of the Activision partnership does not move us forward to d3. It ended the Sony exclusivity deal tho...

In fact, all the reworks that have happened, and will be happening... there’s always been a year 3 but never something that could arguably have even more content than year 2. I think we’re at least looking at a year 4.

All the Bungie leaks over the last year have been 100% true. If that’s the case, d3 is next gen.

The “new light” f2p experience leads me to believe that d2 has effectively become a destiny reboot. You start on the cosmodrome and have all Crucible maps, strikes, all year 1 raids and content... It’s a lot more than the base version being free, which I thought was the easier option but they’re doing more.
It seems like there is no need to move onto d3 when they have the IP and all of its royalties all to themselves and their competition has mostly shit the bed (anthem). It would be a lot less effort to keep updating this game with new content and nobody is clamoring for serious visual upgrades at the moment.

VertigoOA

Banned
It seems like there is no need to move onto d3 when they have the IP and all of its royalties all to themselves and their competition has mostly shit the bed (anthem). It would be a lot less effort to keep updating this game with new content and nobody is clamoring for serious visual upgrades at the moment.

Generational sequels. Especially for a live service game. When next gen comes I do want a new experience that’s bigger and better looking. I know some people will be like “what about wow.” To which I say, no thanks... it’s presentation has aged and isn’t appealing anymore. Stay modern and compete.

That and the game is starting to feel bloated and becoming overly complex now with all the new systems. And balancing at some point can risk neutering the game. Couple that with new ideas that could potentially change the tried and true and played out mechanics of old that a fresh start with a new game is welcomed.

The way I see it, the yearly large expansions are essentially sequels anyway with the amount of content you get. For a numbered sequel on new hardware? Destiny would be a new platform as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Moon is twice the size of D1 moon. Returning baddies from the dead including skolas and crota etc.

The Black garden is the raid location. There will be a dungeon also.

D2 is leaving Bungie launcher in favor of steam. Transferring to steam will be free. The f2p version will be on steam for sure... and that progress will carry over to full game.

Armor 2.0 is looking great. Some D1 armor stats are back as well as new mods, upgrades and transmog. Artifacts, like an eye of the gate lord, will boost lengedary armors to exotic status (arguably).

Trials is not coming in season 8. Bungie wants to correct other concerns before launching trials.

Shadowkeep does not require previous dlc... whatever that means. Season pass is also included!? 4 season passes? Lot of info pouring in

Last edited:

zeorhymer

I figured they would fulfill their promised obligations and then move on to destiny 3. Was this part of their previously announced roadmap or are they seriously keeping destiny 2 alive? I wouldn't want to invest time and money into this if they are soon looking to supplant it.
I this might be last major expansion for D2. There'll probably a few more little things before they sunset D2 and launch D3. I'd say Q2 2021 before seeing anything concrete.

VertigoOA

Banned
Okay... so shadowkeep DOES NOT require previous dlc. New players can play the f2p “new light” and jump right into shadowkeep for 35$. Luke Smith is calling it an expandalone.

There will be four seasons of paid dlc following shadowkeep for the remainder of that year. Purchase of shadowkeep will included the first season pass. Season passes can be bough a la carte it as an annual pass. Shadowkeep and it’s annual pass is 65$

Elimination is being worked on. Summer will include lots of pvp reworks, returning maps like widows court. Monte Carlo is back! No trials in season 8 (we’re in season 7).

They’re keeping a new character hidden. Not Eris, but a new npc ( its uldren probably lol).

And starting TODAY Forsaken, the annual pass and the two year 1 expansions are bundled together for 40$ if you want to jump in now.

Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy spoke on how they want destiny to be an action mmo and to continue to build on it... I guess that’s why their doubling down on the armor. You can apply up to 3 mods as far was we can see now and there are now mod raritities.

Datto actually conducted a Q&A. With Bungie. He lost a lot of respect from me tho... he gets so pissy when losing his world 1st raid runs. Skinny wimp

Last edited:

Arkage

Banned
So.... about those black pyramid things...

*radio silence*

To be fair that hive cryptothingamabob kinda makes want to get the collectors edition even though I didn't like most of the annual pass content. Ugh.

Also, lol @ "this is the foundation for [pvp]." Destiny 1 came out 5 years ago, Halo before that, and these guys still haven't settled on a foundation for PVP? Christ.

Last edited:
So.... about those black pyramid things...

*radio silence*
Weren't they at the edge of our galaxy in that cutscene? I guess these advanced space-faring aliens actually have incredibly slow ships. But then those same ships will somehow blindside us at the beginning of Destiny 3 and cause us to lose everything. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Top Bottom