• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m in.

giphy.gif

Celcius

°Temp. member
I really wasn't expecting this, oof.
Oh well, I just hope my character was successfully transferred.

Lanrutcon

VertigoOA VertigoOA : You seem like you know what's up. I don't PVP and I have no friends that play this game. so raiding is probably out. Is there enough left for me to do to warrant purchasing All The Content(tm)?

Neolombax

Tried to play Shadowkeep before work, played the first moon misson 3 times because the mission would not finish loading and booted me up to orbit haha. I guess its a server thing. Managed to play around with Eriana's Vow for a while, nice heavy feeling to it. Overall I'm loving the changes to hand cannons on consoles. My Spare Rations feels...faster and more consistent. Looking forward to keep playing once I get back from work.

Psykodad

Banned
This sounds corny af, but man, how I missed being on the moon.

By far my most enjoyable destination in Destiny, as well as the Hive as a faction.

Dthomp

This sounds corny af, but man, how I missed being on the moon.

By far my most enjoyable destination in Destiny, as well as the Hive as a faction.

Not crazy to me, I love the moon and it wasn't one of my favorite D1 locations, but I also wasn't a huge fan of spending a year in the fancy dreaming city myself and like the cold embrace of the moon :)

Psykodad

Banned
Not crazy to me, I love the moon and it wasn't one of my favorite D1 locations, but I also wasn't a huge fan of spending a year in the fancy dreaming city myself and like the cold embrace of the moon :)
Oh yeah, I noticed I have to unlock the Dreaming City.

Really want to go there. That's in the Reef, right?
Also, did they bring back the Queen yet?
That's probably my personal redeeming factor for Destiny. Lol

Last edited:

bilderberg

Coming back to this game just after a few months and i'm so lost. I only played the vanilla game, so none of the expansions that had already been out. I remember the last thing I did was beat the base game campaign(the red war?). What are important things to do? Right now I've got too many challenges, too many quests. Maybe now's a good time to just make a new character cause picking up where I last left off just feels too overwhelming.

orborborb

that large blinking circle that appears above EVERY SINGLE ENEMY before you kill them to remind you to do a stupid Quick Time Event finishing move so they can sell you more cosmetics is the worst thing Bungie has ever done

Dthomp

that large blinking circle that appears above EVERY SINGLE ENEMY before you kill them to remind you to do a stupid Quick Time Event finishing move so they can sell you more cosmetics is the worst thing Bungie has ever done

LOL, yeah the finishing moves to me are dumb. Just another thing they tried in order to sell you something else in the item shop. I'm to the point where I would gladly spend cash ingame if it meant we could get new Crucible/Vanguard weapons/Armor in the loot pools. I'm kind of sick to death of Better Devils and POTG

Typhares

How does power scaling work in this game?
I understand that the loot always seem to drop a few power level above my current one but does that mean that enemies everywhere are always scaled to you?

Dthomp

How does power scaling work in this game?
I understand that the loot always seem to drop a few power level above my current one but does that mean that enemies everywhere are always scaled to you?

I don't know the exact stats, but most enemies have a set level and you will scale down to them if you're below and you'll be weak when they are above.

As far as loot, the soft cap is 900, so up until then all your drops will be 0-3 points less then your highest item. After 900 you only level up with milestones and powerful engrams, along with end game activities (Raid, Iron Banner)

420bits

Is there an active PC-clan around? I noticed that the old D2-GAF clan turned into a reset-era clan and I had to leave immediately.

Dthomp

Is there an active PC-clan around? I noticed that the old D2-GAF clan turned into a reset-era clan and I had to leave immediately.

Ok I created a group:
Group Name: Destiny 2 - NeoGAF
Abbreviation: D2GAF

Group Link: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/D2GAF

Calling it a night, wish I wouldn't have lost the two hours of downtime with servers but I hit my day one goal of all 3 characters to 900. Tomorrow begins the milestone grind :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Notes from Day 1:
-I enjoyed the story more then I expected too, although I hate cliffhangers to lead into the season. I would have preferred more of an end but it is what it is.
-Erianas Vow is decent, but I don't see it being anything outside of a fun PVE gun. Rate of fire is too slow, but fun guns are much needed here.
-I really wish we would have gotten new PVP/Vanguard weapons. Armor 2.0 will be interesting down the road, but seeing all the same guns with the same perks is sad. We need an influx of both.
-Had fun, likely not as much once I start the story on other two characters and have to do all that grind again.

420bits

Calling it a night, wish I wouldn't have lost the two hours of downtime with servers but I hit my day one goal of all 3 characters to 900. Tomorrow begins the milestone grind :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Notes from Day 1:
-I enjoyed the story more then I expected too, although I hate cliffhangers to lead into the season. I would have preferred more of an end but it is what it is.
-Erianas Vow is decent, but I don't see it being anything outside of a fun PVE gun. Rate of fire is too slow, but fun guns are much needed here.
-I really wish we would have gotten new PVP/Vanguard weapons. Armor 2.0 will be interesting down the road, but seeing all the same guns with the same perks is sad. We need an influx of both.
-Had fun, likely not as much once I start the story on other two characters and have to do all that grind again.

Thats a Steamgroup tho, not the ingame-clan system?

420bits

We talked about creating a clan in game too but haven't got around to it yet. Anyone feel free to do so, I kinda wanted someone with experience and more play time to create it!

Back in the days we had "Destiny gaf" (DGAF) but that was the clan i was in and the leader migrated to reset era it seems, becuase when i logged into my chars yesterday after a loooooong hiatus the clan was named "Re-destiny" instead so i left :p

But Destinygaf used to have a very lively community so somewhere one of the old members should have an active clan, but i dunno, been ages since i played destiny.

Typhares

Back in the days we had "Destiny gaf" (DGAF) but that was the clan i was in and the leader migrated to reset era it seems, becuase when i logged into my chars yesterday after a loooooong hiatus the clan was named "Re-destiny" instead so i left :p

But Destinygaf used to have a very lively community so somewhere one of the old members should have an active clan, but i dunno, been ages since i played destiny.

IIRC they took over a lot of GAF groups/clans, I was in a PS4 GAF group and it got renamed ERA. I created the new steam group to have something for now but a proper clan would be cool.

Finished the campaign last night. I was expecting more revelations. It was ok.
There are many familiar things if you're a D1 veteran. Which is cool nostalgia but also disappointing because it's not fresh.

The moon was one of my favorite locations in D1. I spent so many hours there. Running laps gathering helium coils to upgrade my stuff. It's weird to go back

I was playing with a friend who's new to destiny. I must have sounded like an old man. "See that place? I used to come here and do this and that."

Freeman76

I'm a bit torn with this 'expansion'. Its hard to say it's not value for money, there is easily 20+ hours even without the season pass. It just feels a bit off somehow that they give us a map we already played to death (even though it is awesome) with a few reused assets from TTK bolted on here and there. I'm starting to get tired of their approach to this game I think, so maybe I'm jaded towards this, and it certainly has more content than some of their other 'DLC' releases. I guess I was hoping for a bit more from them, since this is their first chance to show us what they intend to do now they are free from Activision, and give their fanbase a reason to believe the heavy monetisation came from the 'higher-ups' rather than just Bungie themselves. TBH I'm not so sure about that lol

Chiggs

Holy shit. If you want to get everything Destiny 2 will be offering, you need to pay $59.99 plus + $24.99 for Forsaken.

That's nuts for a game that is 2 years old at this point. And I thought Activision were the greedy bastards.

Holy shit. If you want to get everything Destiny 2 will be offering, you need to pay $59.99 plus + $24.99 for Forsaken.

That's nuts for a game that is 2 years old at this point. And I thought Activision were the greedy bastards.

If you want to get everything currently in the game it's under 60 bucks. They're offering for 25 the annual pass for 2020, which is a whole year's worth of content. Some of us spent 80 dollars on Forsaken (me, annual pass bundle) so I'm not sure we're sympathetic, my man. You're basically complaining you gotta pay 60 bucks to get the same amount of content the rest of us got for spending more than 200 dollars.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
If you want to get everything currently in the game it's under 60 bucks. They're offering for 25 the annual pass for 2020, which is a whole year's worth of content. Some of us spent 80 dollars on Forsaken (me, annual pass bundle) so I'm not sure we're sympathetic, my man. You're basically complaining you gotta pay 60 bucks to get the same amount of content the rest of us got for spending more than 200 dollars.
Its rather silly for starters to not be able to just plunk in 60 to get a complete edition.
Destiny 1 did this too.
You paid to play earlier then new players.
Thats it.

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

Downloaded last night. Might be giving it a try tonight...been being World of Warship again. Havent played Destiny since the original (didnt get any expansion) so kind of looking forward to this till COD:MW comes out.

The pace and flow of this game makes no sense to me. It goes from boring empty static world to Doom ultra-nightmare WAD in about 10 seconds. Every mission is a long gimmicky multi-stage horrorshow that oustays its welcome really fast. I don't understand what the fuck is going on during combat - earlier today something kept blinding me and I have no clue what was going on. Warframe also goes crazy with effects and enemy numbers but it's always easy to read...
As a solo player, Destiny 2 sucks and I regret buying it in that Humble Bundle.

Bungie should fire every writer and the idiot who decided every mission needs dialogue. COULD THIS GAME PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP?

bilderberg

The pace and flow of this game makes no sense to me. It goes from boring empty static world to Doom ultra-nightmare WAD in about 10 seconds. Every mission is a long gimmicky multi-stage horrorshow that oustays its welcome really fast. I don't understand what the fuck is going on during combat - earlier today something kept blinding me and I have no clue what was going on. Warframe also goes crazy with effects and enemy numbers but it's always easy to read...
As a solo player, Destiny 2 sucks and I regret buying it in that Humble Bundle.

Bungie should fire every writer and the idiot who decided every mission needs dialogue. COULD THIS GAME PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP?

Writing in this game is indeed awful. I'll take Destiny 1's somber over seriousness over, whatever the fuck this is. Does everything need to be tongue in cheek? It isn't funny. And i'll never forgive bungie for replacing Peter Dinklage with Nolan North. Just another reason fans are by and large retarded and shouldn't be listened to.

Writing in this game is indeed awful. I'll take Destiny 1's somber over seriousness over, whatever the fuck this is. Does everything need to be tongue in cheek? It isn't funny. And i'll never forgive bungie for replacing Peter Dinklage with Nolan North. Just another reason fans are by and large retarded and shouldn't be listened to.

Yeah but the writing is the only thing I can agree with in that post, but it's a hard agree at least.

joe_zazen

Amen. I miss dinklebot, he did a good job. Nolan North is just generic Nolan North.

Anyone here replay D1, is it still fun? I kind of want to before trying D2.

Yeah but the writing is the only thing I can agree with in that post, but it's a hard agree at least.

So it is a good single player experience?

Last edited:

Chiggs

Not looking for sympathy. I've been enjoying the free game, but was surprised to see that Forsaken content (most of it) was excluded.

I do feel bad for Destiny 2 fans who spent all that cash; hopefully, you got your money's worth.

Not looking for sympathy. I've been enjoying the free game, but was surprised to see that Forsaken content (most of it) was excluded.

I do feel bad for Destiny 2 fans who spent all that cash; hopefully, you got your money's worth.
Oh god, this again. No need to feel bad. We've been playing this shit for 2 years.

Feeling bad for me when I have over 1,000 hours in the game is laughable. And yeah, SP can be great, depends on what you're doing, the campaigns before Forsaken are just okay but from Forsaken on they get great.

Dthomp

Amen. I miss dinklebot, he did a good job. Nolan North is just generic Nolan North.

Anyone here replay D1, is it still fun? I kind of want to before trying D2.

So it is a good single player experience?

I last year deleted all my D1 characters and started anew again, and I had a blast. I mean I'm not fully done, but I finished all the campaigns and was working on exotic quests. For me it still held up, and I found the story moments alot more interesting then the D2 counterparts. Probably something to do with the darker more serious tone of the first one then the constant one liner talkiness of 2.

joe_zazen

I last year deleted all my D1 characters and started anew again, and I had a blast. I mean I'm not fully done, but I finished all the campaigns and was working on exotic quests. For me it still held up, and I found the story moments alot more interesting then the D2 counterparts. Probably something to do with the darker more serious tone of the first one then the constant one liner talkiness of 2.

Thx.

I think I start with 1 because nostalgia is a drug, even if it is only 5 year old nostalgia. I wish there was a toggle for moon wizards and Dinklage.

Dthomp

Thx.

I think I start with 1 because nostalgia is a drug, even if it is only 5 year old nostalgia. I wish there was a toggle for moon wizards and Dinklage.

Just enjoy the music, and the feel of them guns, something that has been lost in D2 (Up until Menagerie weapons) is guns feeling powerful when you shoot them. The whole "I got a new gun, gotta try it out" thing was awesome to me. Suddenly a gun that would have been parts to me 4 years ago is suddenly my best option. Replaying 1 was one of my highlights of gaming this last year.

Did I just traipse into a Destiny minefield? If so, I did so with the best intentions.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I will retrace my steps right the fuck out of here. :)

The fanbase is pretty dedicated, we were giving them mountains of shit in year 1 but they have been doing everything possible to make it up to us. To those of us who don't worry about money we spent in 2017 it's only a good thing that the free to play model will bring in more people for us to play with, they've been making so many amazing strides to improve the health of a game some of us are very much invested in.

VertigoOA

Banned
Didn’t finish the campaign but doin the armor grind for the last mission at the pyramid.

Just short of having the artifact unlocked. That should be today also. The moon has been pretty tough for me right now. But my build is ass. Appreciate the challenge regardless.

I used the same goddamn phogoth strike cheese as I did in D1. Loved every second. I’m really loving the throwbacks to old enemies.

Moon is pretty huge. I did one lost sector and it was the biggest I’ve seen to date. Just need to finish the campaign so I can actually like explore n stuff. I’m a bit overwhelmed at the moment... more so than prior expansions.

Digging the music arrangements. Sound design is top notch. Those ogres sound like Godzilla.

They went a bit too far with the horror ImO because I like light hearted colorful content just as much.

I’m exicted as hell for the black garden raid and then the launch of the vex invasions.

Whatever... I’m just excited. Now we’re at the point where there is a weekly rollout of new content for a good two months.

Last edited:

Typhares

Ok, after another couple of hours this evening I am starting to get it a bit more.
I just finished the EDZ quest line, now the next step is titan I guess. With a sprinkle of strike in between. Maybe I'll do the legacy campaign at some point.
The amount of quests/bounties etc... is a bit overwhelming though. I just have to accept that it's not necessary to do everything in this game but I'm the type of player that likes to see all the boxes ticked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom