• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Dthomp

q9BPJxZ.jpg

Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Release Date: 10/1/2019

Now With Much Free To Play Content:

EFaRiJVUwAAMvUD

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Links for Game:

PSN Download - PSN Link
Digital Deluxe PSN - PSN Link DD
Xbox Download - Xbox Link
Digital Deluxe Xbox - Xbox Link DD
Steam (Base Free Game) - Steam Link
Steam SK - Steam SK Link
Digital Deluxe Steam - Steam Link DD

Roadmap:

527ed6b.png

Videos:

Useful Links:

Bungies Twitter along with Bungies Website
Bungie Help
for their twitter/tech support page
DestinyTracker For individual Tracking for PVE/PVP
Xur and his Wares A useful site for finding Xur and seeing what he has to sell
Destiny Item Manager Great site for moving items between characters, works with both D1 and D2
DestinySets Site designed for keeping tabs on your gear and weapons

r/DestinytheGame - Destinys Reddit Home
r/Fireteams - For finding them friends if we're not on

*This is my 1st attempt at an OP, so I apologize that it's not too in depth and kind of barren. I will gladly add any additional info/charts/links/cool stuff if suggested and provided. I just wanted a new home for those of us scattered across the few Destiny threads here.

Last edited:

telasoman

*This is my 1st attempt at an OP, so I apologize that it's not too in depth and kind of barren. I will gladly add any additional info/charts/links/cool stuff if suggested and provided. I just wanted a new home for those of us scattered across the few Destiny threads here.

All good man. I havent played Destiny since the first raid came out. Excited to come play all the content now its out and on Steam.

Dthomp

Thanks for the kind words :)

Anybody on PSN can feel free to add me. Same username here as PSN, just put DGaf in the message so I know who it's from, maybe if everybody hasn't bailed to PC we have a community to grow. I'm all ready to grind that LL

Walledhouse

I was taking a look this morning to see if free versions of Destiny 2 were available on PS4, they were not. I’m so thirsty I’ll log on with whichever version comes online first.

I’m a bit confused about the timezone and release right now. I’ll be checking again in several hours; then again in the morning I suppose. So keen for more content! And I’ve never had this many friends download the same game at the same time in years. I think the trick is that it is PvE and PvP, so I’ve tricked in both crowds.

Dthomp

I was taking a look this morning to see if free versions of Destiny 2 were available on PS4, they were not. I’m so thirsty I’ll log on with whichever version comes online first.

I’m a bit confused about the timezone and release right now. I’ll be checking again in several hours; then again in the morning I suppose. So keen for more content! And I’ve never had this many friends download the same game at the same time in years. I think the trick is that it is PvE and PvP, so I’ve tricked in both crowds.

Yeah I was curious if they will bring the game back up before reset 10am Pacific/12 Central/11 Eastern or just wait for that. I didn't dig enough to know what the plan was. Here's hoping there aren't any major server issues with all this happening at once.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Not working yet in England, it;s October here now, even the Shadowfall dlc is still showing as pre order.

GamingKaiju

Not working yet in England, it;s October here now, even the Shadowfall dlc is still showing as pre order.

17:00 GMT

Bungie changed their release times with D2 instead of been based on your location it’s all done in EST now. One of the changes I hated the most with D2.

Psykodad

Banned
Just bought it, haven't played Destiny in years, but I'm ready to jump back in :messenger_tongue:
No idea why, but this whole f2p stuff made me hype for Shadowkeep and I haven't seen anything about yet. Lol

I heard "moon" and I was sold.

Only bought D2 at release but quit playing after a month.

The f2p stuff includes everything up til Shadowkeep, right?

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

No idea why, but this whole f2p stuff made me hype for Shadowkeep and I haven't seen anything about yet. Lol

I heard "moon" and I was sold.

Only bought D2 at release but quit playing after a month.

The f2p stuff includes everything up til Shadowkeep, right?
I think f2p includes year 1 (base story, Curse of Osiris and Warmind) + crucible, gambit etc. Forsaken seems to be missing.

IKSTUGA

Hmmm that sucks..

You don't need Forsaken if you buy Shadowkeep, right?
You don't need Forsaken, but if you want to play its campaign, you need to buy is separately. I dunno if it's worth it at this point, I might just jump straight into Shadowkeep.

Last edited:

Mithos

I can't see any f2p stuff on the ps store, still says preorder.

Same, I guess only people that already own the game can pre-load, and the f2p client will show up after servers go up.
I had Destiny 2 Forsaken (through PS+) so I just started that download yesterday, and after ~800MB I could at least start it, and it said Shadowkeep in the screenlogo, now entire client say it's ~88GB in size, so will take all day to complete if not even until tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

I bought forsaken last week. Quire enjoyed it.. Not sure about paying 30 quid for shadow keep tho.. Bit hefty that.

I'll be back to Destiny after buying D1 at launch and being disappointed at how lite the game was after all that Bungie promised before launch.

Now in 2019 i kinda accept GAAS the way they are and i've been listening to good things about D2 this past year so i'll give it a try since it is F2P now. I hope to end up immersed in the world as some of you guys are
Watching trailers and reading stuff story and gameplay sounds deep and complex and that's something i like.

Psykodad

Banned
I'll be back to Destiny after buying D1 at launch and being disappointed at how lite the game was after all that Bungie promised before launch.

Now in 2019 i kinda accept GAAS the way they are and i've been listening to good things about D2 this past year so i'll give it a try since it is F2P now. I hope to end up immersed in the world as some of you guys are
Watching trailers and reading stuff story and gameplay sounds deep and complex and that's something i like.
If anything, Destiny has the best gunplay/feel for a FPS ever since D1

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Someone said this before I think, but I'm seriously confused by what you require to get "all" of this game? I got the PS Plus version when it was free, so that's only the base game I imagine, is all the other content just DLC/expansions? I've heard it's pretty necessary to play that though?

Sounds to me like constant payment for content to bungie rather than a full product, maybe if this is the primary game you play it is worth it in the long run.

I'll leave work early to play. Can't wait.
Kinda disappointed that many of the "new" content is actually old reskinned stuff. But i'll take it. Love destiny.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m too excited to talk about it.

However I wore my thorn shirt to work today...

First mission is a shared instance regardless of going in with fireteam. I’d wish the whole campaign was done like that... I’m curious to see how they evolved that gimmick since d2’s Opening tower sequence.

Last edited:

Griffon

I'm in.

I'm not a big Destiny-head, but I enjoy playing through each extension campaign once on release. It's a good shooter with fun short campaigns, I don't give a shit about the GaaS thing in-between that.

With that said, I know I'm gonna enjoy Shadowkeep. Gameplay-wise it's the best shooter next to Doom 2016.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

:messenger_beaming: Great OP Dthomp Dthomp cheers!

Totally pumped for this! I've been a Destiny players since day 1. Been with them through the good and bad times, never gave up on the
game but there were times when I'd log in and just log right back out because there wasn't much to do.

It appears that Bungie has decided to go the super *GRIND* route with Shadowkeep with tons of materials needed to upgrade armor/weapons.
I'm a bit concerned about that. I mean, needing like 100 enhancement cores to upgrade armor? I hope Bungie has increased payouts for this stuff
then as well.

If anyone would like to play on PC/Steam or needs some friendly help "learning the ropes" I'd be more than happy to take new guardians as my
Padawans and show them the ways of the Destiny Universe.

Steam ID: Kaisersoze
Just let me know you're a fellow NeoGAF member and I'll add you so we can play! P.S. headsets and mics pretty much NEEDED to play and coordinate
plays/raids/strikes/crucible, etc.

Who knows what evil lies in the hearts of the Moon?

3rYAQIG.jpg

Typhares

Totally pumped for this! I've been a Destiny players since day 1. Been with them through the good and bad times, never gave up on the
game but there were times when I'd log in and just log right back out because there wasn't much to do.

It appears that Bungie has decided to go the super *GRIND* route with Shadowkeep with tons of materials needed to upgrade armor/weapons.
I'm a bit concerned about that. I mean, needing like 100 enhancement cores to upgrade armor? I hope Bungie has increased payouts for this stuff
then as well.

If anyone would like to play on PC/Steam or needs some friendly help "learning the ropes" I'd be more than happy to take new guardians as my

Just let me know you're a fellow NeoGAF member and I'll add you so we can play! P.S. headsets and mics pretty much NEEDED to play and coordinate

I'm gonna be f2p at least at first see if I enjoy the game (cause I don't have that much available play time) but I'll add you. There are probs a few Kaisersoze so which is you? :p

Last edited:

Iorv3th

then as well.

Who knows what evil lies in the hearts of the Moon?

I tried to search you by your name but there are like 50 Kaisersoze on steam.

Unfortunately for me as a console player, I think damn near everybody here is on PC :(

All of my friends are on PS4, so I am in the opposite category.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Glad you were able to make the OT Dthomp Dthomp -- I bailed out of D2 before Forsaken, so I'm out of the loop lore wise, but I'm excited to get back in!

Is there a suggested video / overview of the Forsaken content that I missed? Or should I just buy it and play through it?

Btw --playing on PC, so if anyone has a guild / wants to party up, feel free. My steam info is https://steamcommunity.com/id/bferris/

Dthomp

Glad you were able to make the OT Dthomp Dthomp -- I bailed out of D2 before Forsaken, so I'm out of the loop lore wise, but I'm excited to get back in!

Is there a suggested video / overview of the Forsaken content that I missed? Or should I just buy it and play through it?

Btw --playing on PC, so if anyone has a guild / wants to party up, feel free. My steam info is https://steamcommunity.com/id/bferris/

Try this out and see what you think before worrying about Forsaken. Forsaken was ok, the season pass was mostly crap (Unless you fall in love with Gambit). If you sink in and love the feel, that is what Bungie is hoping for here to make some Forsaken sales, and lead into Shadowkeep/Season Pass.

NickFire

Are there any benefits over F2P for those who bought the base game and all first year content? Or are we just F2P now?

Dthomp

Are there any benefits over F2P for those who bought the base game and all first year content? Or are we just F2P now?

No difference I believe, if you only own the base plus first year, you have the same content as FTP has I believe.

30 MINUTES TO THE GRIND!

PhoenixTank

Seems to be decrypting/unpacking now for anyone else who preloaded on Steam.

You can visit Forsaken locations now while you wouldn't have been able to before. Pretty sure that setup is equivalent to New Light, though.

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m still curious as to how many people who completed the forsaken campaign only will finally get to see the dreaming city now that it’s available from the get go cuz of new light. Pretty sure the best area (at the time) went under the radar for casuals completely

Last edited:
Top Bottom