• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Dthomp

interesting. actually going after the cheat creators. wonder if that'll actually make an impact/improvement.

If only they put half as much effort into the rest of their game that they have the last 6 months of trying to fight PC cheaters, maybe the rest of us wouldn't be so bored. I imagine they'll figure out that in the next couple months and not realize how many high end PVP players who have made their videos are quitting over Stasis and other things and not the cheaters as teh main culprit

giving some reason for people to go play stuff in Moon and Dreaming City is always nice. I still need to get the Dreaming City shotty for collection purposes. and nerfing Shatterdive is much needed from what I heard from PvP. overall, it's nice to see Bungie at least working on fixing some of these, even if they're slow to get on it.

Dthomp

giving some reason for people to go play stuff in Moon and Dreaming City is always nice. I still need to get the Dreaming City shotty for collection purposes. and nerfing Shatterdive is much needed from what I heard from PvP. overall, it's nice to see Bungie at least working on fixing some of these, even if they're slow to get on it.
Lol at wanting credit for bringing back guns we literally just lost, hoping there is a solid new loot pool for other activities. Of course we won’t get upgrades to our god rolls of the moon and dreaming city guns we still have, we will have to re earn them from activities we already grinded a thousand times the first time.

Lanrutcon

Yeah, I stopped playing. Game has turned into a shitshow.

Because what I really want to do IS GRIND BACK THE SHIT I ALREADY SPENT MONTHS GRINDING FOR. We spend FOREVER on the moon while we waiting for the expansion, and then they took the majority of the guns out of the game.

I'm fucking out. The expansion wasn't enough to justify the sunsetting.

Dthomp

Yeah, I stopped playing. Game has turned into a shitshow.

Because what I really want to do IS GRIND BACK THE SHIT I ALREADY SPENT MONTHS GRINDING FOR. We spend FOREVER on the moon while we waiting for the expansion, and then they took the majority of the guns out of the game.

I'm fucking out. The expansion wasn't enough to justify the sunsetting.

I watched an interesting video talking about how Beyond Light seems to be the reset that would have been Destiny 3, just more half assed. They should have just sunset everything at once, and kept Moon/DC/Europa/EDZ/Cosmodrome/Nessus guns/armor in the loot pool at level during this campaign and Season and built off of that. Instead they got rid of too much, and now will keep rereleasing stuff that you have recently deleted cause we know our current Retold Tales/Waking Vigils will not have the bump in LL cause they want those perks gone.

Dthomp

Ran it a few times this morning with clanmates, not sure I see myself farming rolls on this. Mission isn't short enough, and of course the enemies hit like trucks. Everything in there is 1270, and maybe higher at final encounter. This season crap needs to go, I've been bored for weeks and we've got nothing to look forward to other then refarming Moon and DC gear next season.

Oh and also fun, the triumph for beating this with a full fireteam of Hawkmoons is glitched and not unlocking, only one we need for the season title. Love how they never test their shit.

Dthomp

had not play much this week but I'm wondering if this is an issue for real or just some isolated occurrence.

It's legit, Shatterdive is still OP as shit and killing from a distance. This is what the PVP experience is going to be until they hire people who actually care about PVP to work on it. This won't be fixed til likely next season, and then we can start the clock on how long it takes to do something about Behemoth Titan lasting half a match and being able to get around the map with little energy loss.

It's legit, Shatterdive is still OP as shit and killing from a distance. This is what the PVP experience is going to be until they hire people who actually care about PVP to work on it. This won't be fixed til likely next season, and then we can start the clock on how long it takes to do something about Behemoth Titan lasting half a match and being able to get around the map with little energy loss.

haha, that sucks. good thing I'm not big on PvP. hopefully they address this in the next TWAB.

Trogdor1123

They need to separate PvP and PvE more.

Dthomp

They need to separate PvP and PvE more.

To be honest, I think the idea is actually the right one. Problem is for some reason they think that the PVE sandbox needs all this broken crap to be fun. I rarely ever pop a super in PVE, I could run around with blues and do the same damage as people crutching their abilities. They need to realize that PVP carries this husk of a game for major chunks of the year and their refusal to even add a single PVP map or do a single round of gun tuning is the reason the playerbase has fallen off.

The idea that your gun works the same in both modes is an easy entry point into PVP, which is what they should have kept the focus on. Instead we see pointless PVE activities like the Sundial/Menagerie that people play for all of 3 weeks til they have their godroll (Which should lead them into the PVP realm), but instead they just stop playing because PVP is such a mess and there isn't anything gunwise rewarding to chase.

We are just going to keep experiencing the same letdowns over and over til they realize that Luke Smith is the problem, his sole vision for this game just isn't what people enjoy and player count and the amount of bungie shills from twitch and youtube should show that whatever his vision is is terrible. Bungie is still relevant today simply by pure luck that all the copycat games were not developed by good studios that should have just done what every copycat does to Fornite, just steal it and swap a few things. D1 had dips but it still had content that kept players playing (This was hugely chasing godrolls in PVP/Strikes/NF/IB), where 2 has no replay value that we used to have and everything is pointless thanks to constant sunsetting every season. Wish Anthem had brought in some ex-Bungie folk for their game and we got a Destiny killer so we could all be put out of the misery that is Lukes Destiny

trailer for new season is out. edit: beaten

well, since we got Zavala and a big moving fortress again, I guess I'll post this instead :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Dthomp

Trailer did nothing for me at all. I'll probably not buy this season

I dumbly bought the season pass, but that trailer also didn't impress me. Reskinned Leviathan weapons? Cabal are the worst or maybe second worst subset of enemies in the game, I don't need another DLC/Campaign based fully around them. They continue to not listen, two more exotic weapons, but one will be a quest and the other in the season pass. I want to earn this stuff out in the wild or from NFs or end game chests, not from just logging in, or even worse forced solo lost sectors like this season. But hey, we get another dumb PVE world event that will be busy for two weeks and then dead until they force people into it during Guardian Games where you need infinite clears of boring waves of Cabal. Best part of this new season? Returning D1 Strikes and Guns....Might be time to just revive/remaster D1 and bring over D2 stuff as DLC (Leaving out the bad ones)

Mithos

So just finished the season rewards, and are now trying to decide, do I unlock the "season pass extras €10" or not, do I upgrade to full Beyond Light or not...

Last edited:

HoodWinked

The next season looks on par with curse of osiris. The trailer was meh. And the roadmap is dreadful.

tlwXrMX.jpg

not much to say about the TWAB but I do feel the changes they're making for the Aeon exotic armors seems pretty decent. might even be OP if you have a team of three and everyone got a different mod. I do wonder what they'll do with the new breach grenade launcher thou. they can't be doing another Mountain Top again now can they? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Trogdor1123

The next season looks on par with curse of osiris. The trailer was meh. And the roadmap is dreadful.

tlwXrMX.jpg
Unless battlegrounds is your bag why would you even buy this pass? It's kinda meh isn't it. They really should have included last season's pass with the expansion. I think it would have brought lots of good will. Buying an expansion only to have to immediately buy a season pass didn't sit well with many, myself included. Not sure when or even if I will come back.

Shubh_C63

Season of the Worthy
Season of the Chosen
Season of the [We have no Theme]

Even the trailer was lazy. And I am still gonna spend 150 Season pass level worth of hours in this either way.

Mithos

If one upgrades to Beyond Light (currently €22) is the season pass extra rewards included or do one have to buy a more expensive upgrade (I can't really tell by looking)?

HoodWinked

If one upgrades to Beyond Light (currently €22) is the season pass extra rewards included or do one have to buy a more expensive upgrade (I can't really tell by looking)?
It should only be the beyond light stuff. The season pass is separate. But the current season is ending in 2 days.

On steam I see:
Beyond light
Beyond light + season
Beyond light deluxe edition (4 seasons)

Mithos

It should only be the beyond light stuff. The season pass is separate. But the current season is ending in 2 days.

On steam I see:
Beyond light
Beyond light + season
Beyond light deluxe edition (4 seasons)
Thanks.

€33 for the B&L + S... Decision, decision.

LordCBH

Thoughts:

new activity is fun. Bow is cool. I just wish the game would stop crashing. No issues before today’s patch. After it crashes on me anytime I try to load an activity while in a fire team.

Last edited:

Dthomp

New Activity is fine, basically every other failed horde mode Bungie tries, will be boring in 2 weeks of grinding. Some of the new guns are actually kinda cool, big issue like usual is there aren't enough new ones and too many that just overlap eachother. I love the seasonal Rocket, got it with Frenzy, it's a beast...so why would I grind boring old Moon and Dreaming City content for Sleepless or the Moon rocket that will be inferior? There just aren't enough variations of weapon archetypes and just flat out not enough volume of weapons to make me think that this won't be shelved after two weeks. New bow is a gimmick, but much like Jotunn, prepare for cheap dumb kills in pvp by terrible players since it locks on and does all the work for them.

First impression? This will be remembered as poorly as Curse of Osiris. There was not even a mission to run through and set up the season, just the cutscene that they showed off in advance and then into horde mode v.11

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
So my Vesper of Radius stopped working (exotic warlock robe that causes our rifts to also blast out a pretty D arc blast). I had to:

1. Upgrade it
2. Stick it in the vault
3. Take it out and put it back on

For the effect to start firing off again. Weird bug. It started when I used an upgrade module to boost it way up from where it had been sitting unused for so long.

tried the somewhat mandatory Battleground thing. not too bad I guess. I don't mind grinding it a little. also, even thou I knew it's coming, freaking "Crow" now officially taking Cayde's place and wearing his gun just rubs me the wrong way. HELM is nice I guess, being able to grab my stuff from the vault and the post box and all. thou I wish they put a firing range or something in there so we can test some weapons out and maybe stock up on ammo like the old Tribute Hall.

Shubh_C63

Ok this is probably a dumb question but how do you get Cabal Gold ?

Logged in for just half an hour yesterday and the literature in the mission felt circular. Equip the hammer to receive Gold but you need 15 Gold to equip the hammer.

Edit : It said, by destroying a cache . What cache ?

Last edited:

Dthomp

Ok this is probably a dumb question but how do you get Cabal Gold ?

Logged in for just half an hour yesterday and the literature in the mission felt circular. Equip the hammer to receive Gold but you need 15 Gold to equip the hammer.

Edit : It said, by destroying a cache . What cache ?

You get the gold from doing other activities, Strikes/PVP/Gambit/Public Events/etc. When you get 14 you go into the hammer item in your quests page and click details and insert the hammer mod, then you do a battleground, once done 3 gold chests spawn behind the chest, you then use that modded hammer to smash a cache. Wording on a lot of stuff this season has been piss poor.

tried the somewhat mandatory Battleground thing. not too bad I guess. I don't mind grinding it a little. also, even thou I knew it's coming, freaking "Crow" now officially taking Cayde's place and wearing his gun just rubs me the wrong way. HELM is nice I guess, being able to grab my stuff from the vault and the post box and all. thou I wish they put a firing range or something in there so we can test some weapons out and maybe stock up on ammo like the old Tribute Hall.
Crow is my favorite character right now. I love listening to his dialogue. He's such a nice guy. He's nothing like Uldren.

Balboa

Remember when "new" activities had unique encounters, mechanics, and locations? Feels like a distant memory the game has been circling the bottom of the toilet for so long

Dthomp

Remember when "new" activities had unique encounters, mechanics, and locations? Feels like a distant memory the game has been circling the bottom of the toilet for so long

Come on! You're not bamboozled by the same old "seasonal activity" reskinned in Cabal this time...well again since we just did this in Sundial. Seasonal PVE activities need to go, focus needs to go on Strikes and new or D1 returned PVP maps. Seasonal thing is ALWAYS the same. Kill 3 waves of enemies until something drops a ball, throw 3 balls at targets, fight Boss guy. I can't believe people are actually trying to say this season is good. There wasn't even a basic story level mission this time, just right into boring activity you need to do 1000 times this season, but every single time it's going to play out exactly the same, til we do a hard mode version, which just equals more trash "champion" enemies and a no wipe mechanic. But at least we have that exotic quest for a fucking scout to look forward too :rolleyes:

Dthomp

RIP Cosmodrome, not getting the rest of it so the TWAB says. Just strikes, that sucks. Cosmodrome fully is better then any zone in D2. How bout you give us full Cosmodrome, and sunset that shitty EDZ. God I hope Outriders is good, not sure how much more of this current Destiny that Luke is vomiting up I can handle

Trogdor1123

Even one of the strikes they did give us is already offline because it was broken..
Jeepers, they are worse than Bethesda nowadays. I uninstalled the game. If something cool comes along I'll drop it back in but I'm starting to think destiny is now really good for 1-2 months a year only when the expansions drop.

Balboa

This is great news!!! If they're abandoning the cosmodrome then the janitor will have more time to work on the next expansion

Dthomp

This is great news!!! If they're abandoning the cosmodrome then the janitor will have more time to work on the next expansion

I'd argue the best thing they could have done was re-embrace all the D1 content and add what worked from D2 into it, since everything "new" they have developed has been hot ass outside of one or two things. I fully don't believe they have the talent to design a top tier experience anymore. I'd take Cosmodrome and Venus over any of these big boring zones we have in D2. Hell if they turned D1 "Live" again with Trials and Banner, the only thing I'd miss from D2 is Mantling...how sad is that?

Balboa

I'd argue the best thing they could have done was re-embrace all the D1 content and add what worked from D2 into it, since everything "new" they have developed has been hot ass outside of one or two things. I fully don't believe they have the talent to design a top tier experience anymore. I'd take Cosmodrome and Venus over any of these big boring zones we have in D2. Hell if they turned D1 "Live" again with Trials and Banner, the only thing I'd miss from D2 is Mantling...how sad is that?
The first game is just fundamentally a more rewarding experience on every level, everything they've tried to innovate has been a step in the wrong direction.
It still doesn't stop them creaming all over eachother in the vidocs like they've created the second coming of christ, cringeworthy stuff :messenger_poop:

Top Bottom