• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Dthomp

New Exotic quest dropped today for the Tex Mechanica Scout. This may be the end for me, mission was fine, but just like Harbinger it's designed around multiple runs and I guess will be random rolls on future runs and harder difficulties. Solo'd it myself, but even at 1230 suggested light the boss still could one hit me at 1310 Light. I miss feeling strong, and random rolled exotics is lazy, why even have them if they will have to settle for shit rolls that every legendary can roll with? The gun is unique looking and feeling, but its still a slow rate of fire scout, it's not bad....it just doesn't seem good either. Another throw it in the vault exotic and never use like oh so many Destiny 2 exotics

Balboa

They've got a fanbase that's willingly farming a 3+ year old strike 50+ times for a hand cannon that they only need because Bungie arbitrarily sunset all of their gear, they can get away with anything at this point.

Dthomp

They've got a fanbase that's willingly farming a 3+ year old strike 50+ times for a hand cannon that they only need because Bungie arbitrarily sunset all of their gear, they can get away with anything at this point.

I thought about farming for one, but it's a 140RPM and thus is useless. This sandbox is awful, everything in crucible that is used now can consistently two tap you or one hit kill you...and suddenly it's ok? People fumed at the days of D1 Thorn and Hawkmoon, but now all of a sudden two hit guns are ok?

I played 3 games of PVP last night, and honestly...I'm lost out there these days. The movement speed is WAY to fast for the map sizes. I got killed in my spawn on Twilight Gap by a behemoth titan twice in the same super...on opposite ends of the map with my respawn. There seems to be absolutely no gun skill in the game, 80% of my deaths were to Felwinters or Stasis nonsense. The only other name I saw pop up were the constant Steady Hand two taps from Scout rifle range. This game is a mess, and deserves a fork stuck in it TBH, but the rabid fans still just throw cash at them for weapon skins like crackheads that need a fix.

I might farm for a Pali, but past that now that they dropped the exotic gun (yawn) quest, I've got no reason to log on and play unless Vault were to return this season. Battlegrounds take way too long, and aren't even remotely rewarding since I can just get umbrals in the wild easier

quick question. is there a Trace Rifle ammo finder mod? I was using one earlier for bounty and stuff and realize I don't have a ammo finder mod for Trace Rifles.

Blizzje

I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but I've been trying to get into the new season, after getting to rank 150 in the one before it.
I get the gameplay loop: I'm supposed to keep grinding powerful gear until I get to level 1300, after that I have to go for pinnacles to get to 1310.

But other than just grinding for this, what kind of missions of storyline am I supposed to do? I've been playing the battlegrounds but they are starting to get boring; i really shouldn't have played it for 9 times last week just to get the powerful gear.

What kind of advice do you guys have for someone that doesn't play in groups but still wants to experience a lot of what the new season in particular and destiny 2 as a whole can offer? I've played all of the campaigns until now and enjoyed them. In short: what am I grinding for?

Dthomp

I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but I've been trying to get into the new season, after getting to rank 150 in the one before it.
I get the gameplay loop: I'm supposed to keep grinding powerful gear until I get to level 1300, after that I have to go for pinnacles to get to 1310.

But other than just grinding for this, what kind of missions of storyline am I supposed to do? I've been playing the battlegrounds but they are starting to get boring; i really shouldn't have played it for 9 times last week just to get the powerful gear.

What kind of advice do you guys have for someone that doesn't play in groups but still wants to experience a lot of what the new season in particular and destiny 2 as a whole can offer? I've played all of the campaigns until now and enjoyed them. In short: what am I grinding for?

Not the answer you want to hear, but that's all this season is going to be. What little story there is is going to function through Battlegrounds. So far, this may be the smallest amount of content we've ever seen in the season pass model...and that's saying something.

There's a few new guns, but they will require play in Nightfalls, Iron Banner, basically group type stuff. There was a new exotic mission that dropped Tuesday, but it again is something designed to be played a bunch and grinded.

This model does not work for the little amount of content they create.

Dthomp

Fuck, why do I spend all my time with newbie carries through DSC every weekend, lol

Good question, I'd say it's because everybody else has already cleared the raid 25+ times and just doesn't want to do it anymore :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I raided so much last season trying for the rocket (Still don't have it), that very few clanmates are really gung ho to do the raid 40+ more times this season just to chase a slightly bigger number.

Cornbread78

Good question, I'd say it's because everybody else has already cleared the raid 25+ times and just doesn't want to do it anymore :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I raided so much last season trying for the rocket (Still don't have it), that very few clanmates are really gung ho to do the raid 40+ more times this season just to chase a slightly bigger number.
I mean, I don't mind the pinnacle drops from it and I go my EoT on my 6th run, buuuuuut.

Oh well, it's a fun raid and is perfect after the $hit shows of CoS and GoS......

LordCBH

Fuck, why do I spend all my time with newbie carries through DSC every weekend, lol

Meanwhile I’m over here approaching the power cap without touching the raid cause I play with one other dude and both of us don’t like looking for groups to do it with lol

I've been clearing the raid three times every week since it was released and I still don't have eyes of tomorrow. Meanwhile, a clanmate has gotten it three times already. RNG is a bitch.

Cornbread78

Meanwhile I’m over here approaching the power cap without touching the raid cause I play with one other dude and both of us don’t like looking for groups to do it with lol
Lol. You should really run it at some point. It's a fun raid yo run with some cool lookimg weapons

LordCBH

Lol. You should really run it at some point. It's a fun raid yo run with some cool lookimg weapons

I haven’t done much raiding since D1 where my group would all do VoG and KF every week lol. They stopped playing before wrath came out so I never got to run that. They picked up D2 when forsaken hit so we tried to do last wish, got up to the Vault encounter, and had to quit for the day. They never got back on after that

Dthomp

well well well...

Fool my once shame on you, fool me 30 times....

I wish I could trust them to fix this game experience, but this isn't new. This is the cycle of hyping people for the next big paid DLC with promises that THIS TIME we are going to focus on PVP and changes. I mean, 3 more months to fix Stasis stuff? I'm finally at the point where I just wish any of the competition would put a playable product to mimic this game cause Bungie just doesn't excite me with their output the last couple of years. After my paid year now I think I'm done for good. I don't care about a seasonal exotic quest and farming Lost sectors to get my new shit.

Ditching sunsetting is almost as dumb as not properly sunsetting the first time. Now I have no reason to get new stuff with all the broken stuff we already have.

Lanrutcon

You cannot make this shit up.

Also, spent a few hours on the Outriders demo. It makes Destiny 2 look like the pinnacle of modern entertainment.

Fool my once shame on you, fool me 30 times....

I wish I could trust them to fix this game experience, but this isn't new. This is the cycle of hyping people for the next big paid DLC with promises that THIS TIME we are going to focus on PVP and changes. I mean, 3 more months to fix Stasis stuff? I'm finally at the point where I just wish any of the competition would put a playable product to mimic this game cause Bungie just doesn't excite me with their output the last couple of years. After my paid year now I think I'm done for good. I don't care about a seasonal exotic quest and farming Lost sectors to get my new shit.

Ditching sunsetting is almost as dumb as not properly sunsetting the first time. Now I have no reason to get new stuff with all the broken stuff we already have.

understandable, even thou I don't share the same feeling as you. I'm not that into PvP so I had been fine with just doing the regular stuff. but on the bright side, at least they're addressing a lot of things with this TWAB and it's at the right direction at least.

for those who's not into reading, here's a little summary with CoolGuy

Dthomp

You cannot make this shit up.

Also, spent a few hours on the Outriders demo. It makes Destiny 2 look like the pinnacle of modern entertainment.

I don't understand how on earth the bar has been kept so low by D2 that somebody hasn't accidentally released something better. Oh, because they all worry about the cosmetic sales before the core gameplay. I am so bummed about Anthem getting the axe, cause out of all the competition, Anthem actually had gameplay nailed, it was everything else that killed it, along with devs that didn't know how to even make this kind of title.

I only played a few minutes of the demo, I'm gonna dive deeper into it tonight, but things like the FPS during cutscenes is rough since the opening is tons of cutscene story stuff, and TPS is not really my favorite genre, so Outriders is gonna be an uphill battle to gain any traction.

Dthomp

understandable, even thou I don't share the same feeling as you. I'm not that into PvP so I had been fine with just doing the regular stuff. but on the bright side, at least they're addressing a lot of things with this TWAB and it's at the right direction at least.

for those who's not into reading, here's a little summary with CoolGuy

Like, I hope I'm wrong and they can make this fun again, but the timing of this TWAB and the "We're Listening" schtick has become a yearly rallying cry to stop the userbase from hitting critical lows. There is no coincidence this comes after one of the if not the lowest turnout for Trials the game has ever seen and the mass exodus of "content creators" abandoning ship, only to all now have new content to say how great Bungie is for listening this time. Bungo is like an abuser from a bad relationship who waits til your bags are packed to start with the "I'll change, I love you, don't go" only to go right back to the abuse right after they get their next paycheck.

LordCBH

I don't understand how on earth the bar has been kept so low by D2 that somebody hasn't accidentally released something better. Oh, because they all worry about the cosmetic sales before the core gameplay. I am so bummed about Anthem getting the axe, cause out of all the competition, Anthem actually had gameplay nailed, it was everything else that killed it, along with devs that didn't know how to even make this kind of title.

I only played a few minutes of the demo, I'm gonna dive deeper into it tonight, but things like the FPS during cutscenes is rough since the opening is tons of cutscene story stuff, and TPS is not really my favorite genre, so Outriders is gonna be an uphill battle to gain any traction.

honestly I uninstalled the demo after about an hour. I couldn’t find any settings on it that made it smooth to play for me, and something about it just felt off. Ended up just logging into D2 and playing iron banner for like 6 hours.

did the master Presage to get the catalyst for Dead Man's Tale last night. actually had to try it a few times before actually getting it done. I like that it's a little tough there and hope they keep it up. not in a hurry to finish the catalyst thou. just gona have it done when it's done I guess.

I think it's probably a mix of tech issues and getting the feel of the weapons down. setting up a live service shooter looter network probably require a lot of resource and dedication. the company will need to be willing to stick to their whole "game as service" thing for long term. take Anthem for example. if EA is willing to give more time and resource from the start, Anthem would probably be the real "Destiny killer". hell, if they had stick to the ARR (FFXIV) approach sooner, they coulda still save the whole thing since like you said the gameplay IS there. and the only other real competitor in the FPS looter shooter circle at the moment is Borderland. Warframe and Division could be consider in there too but they all have their own issues. weapon wise I feel nobody else had been able to match the feel of the weapons in Destiny yet. when a gun in the game clicks with you, it really clicks. and I don't think I've feel that way in Borderland yet even with all the flash, bell and whistles. and not to mention I have yet seen any other FPS game do multiplayer raid contend as good as what we have in Destiny yet in terms of overall feel of things (as in atmosphere, gameplay, creativity etc) .

what Bungie had created I think takes a lot to come to fruition. and one of the reason I've stick with the game for so long is because they are still sticking to working on it and tuning things out. like I said, if I'm a PvP focus player I would probably feel the same as you. but for what they had provided me so far, I'm fine with keep on playing.

man, trying to do IB and it had been way worse then what I've been through in the past. over 70% of my losses had been mercy and I have no idea what's going on. I mean, sure I suck, but this is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

Dthomp

man, trying to do IB and it had been way worse then what I've been through in the past. over 70% of my losses had been mercy and I have no idea what's going on. I mean, sure I suck, but this is getting ridiculous.

Whats going on is that they removed all of the elements of SBMM so every match is just a clusterfuck of whoever is left playing the game at any skill level (I can assume, no casuals still play this cancer of a mode). I played for the bounties on one of my characters, took about 4 hours but in all those games, I'm fairly certain only 3 of them went to time or the final score, every other match was a mercy. IB Control as is doesn't work, the initial rush as a squad determines the game most of the time. You get that first team wipe, you're up 12-2 or so, then heavy spawns (Why heavy spawns anywhere before 4-5 minutes in is beyond me), they get heavy for a few dudes, use heavy to widen lead, then chain supers, by then the score is at the margin where mercy kicks in. Just depends on which side you are on, the rushers or the rushees. I love Control...in the first game, this should be IB Zone Control, where points are based off of controlling the zones, not playing for kills.

Last edited:
Whats going on is that they removed all of the elements of SBMM so every match is just a clusterfuck of whoever is left playing the game at any skill level (I can assume, no casuals still play this cancer of a mode). I played for the bounties on one of my characters, took about 4 hours but in all those games, I'm fairly certain only 3 of them went to time or the final score, every other match was a mercy. IB Control as is doesn't work, the initial rush as a squad determines the game most of the time. You get that first team wipe, you're up 12-2 or so, then heavy spawns (Why heavy spawns anywhere before 4-5 minutes in is beyond me), they get heavy for a few dudes, use heavy to widen lead, then chain supers, by then the score is at the margin where mercy kicks in. Just depends on which side you are on, the rushers or the rushees. I love Control...in the first game, this should be IB Zone Control, where points are based off of controlling the zones, not playing for kills.

I did realize earlier when talking to LFG raid group, that my problem is I joined in on the regular IB instead of the Freelance. which is why I was matched up against 6 stacks from the same clan a couple times. at least I know now and can do that next time. but yeah, I agree. IB should go with control scoring.

Vindicator

so they disabled Trials
EvVnk3OXEAQHSwe

That's fascinating, but I'm bad at PvP anyway, just hoping to get the handcannon at some point even if it's by losing 10 matches.

Balboa

so they disabled Trials
EvVnk3OXEAQHSwe

That's fascinating, but I'm bad at PvP anyway, just hoping to get the handcannon at some point even if it's by losing 10 matches.
You won't be able to get the adept hand cannon without going flawless, the regular version will have lower stats across the board making it relatively pointless

Kamina

Golden Boy
The new season is as interesting as a stone.
I was close to deleting D2 from my PS5 heard-drive to make space for something that is worth my time,

LordCBH

Most of my matches on last Wednesday ended up with us mercying the other team 15 matches in row. The ones we played last night ended up with our team getting mercyd over and over again as we just got spawn locked within about a minute of the match starting.
It has not been fun.

did a 12 man DSC raid earlier today. it was pretty fun and so much less stressful. probably because of the nature of having double the people to tackle the task, everyone's super chill and having fun. plus it only takes a little over an hour to finish the whole thing, and that's with us messing around and wiping a few times. I would definitely recommend to give it a try if you had not. it's at least an interesting experience and seeing that Bungo is gona eventually patch it, might want to get it done while it's available.

DeaDPo0L84

Are they any PC centric clans here on gaf? Me, my wife, and a couple friends are trying to find a active but chill clan to run with.

Are they any PC centric clans here on gaf? Me, my wife, and a couple friends are trying to find a active but chill clan to run with.

the GAF clan is pretty much dead on the PC. only me and 1 or 2 others would get on. but let me know if you want someone to do stuff with. I'm usually on in the afternoon/night time PST.

quick question. how do I reset my valor rank for the Crucible now? I can't find where after they changed it. in game says reset with Lord Shaxx but I can't find the option at all. I still have some of the rewards with him. do I have to claim everything first in order to reset it?

Dthomp

quick question. how do I reset my valor rank for the Crucible now? I can't find where after they changed it. in game says reset with Lord Shaxx but I can't find the option at all. I still have some of the rewards with him. do I have to claim everything first in order to reset it?

Yes, you need to claim everything in the path to reset...super dumb

Yes, you need to claim everything in the path to reset...super dumb

thanks. and yeah it's indeed dumb.

I finally got to do a raid in this game! DSC was a ton of fun!

yeah, raids are some the of most fun stuff in the game. I would highly recommend trying Last Wish also. the biggest raid in Destiny ever and it can be somewhat complicated. but it's also very fun to do and the rewards are nice too. Garden of Salvation is ok too, but not as good as some of the other raids. still worth trying it since it have a pretty decent pulse rifle if you're into that.

LordCBH

thanks. and yeah it's indeed dumb.

yeah, raids are some the of most fun stuff in the game. I would highly recommend trying Last Wish also. the biggest raid in Destiny ever and it can be somewhat complicated. but it's also very fun to do and the rewards are nice too. Garden of Salvation is ok too, but not as good as some of the other raids. still worth trying it since it have a pretty decent pulse rifle if you're into that.

I’ve wanted to run raids on this ever since leviathan dropped like 4 years ago, but all my raiding buddies from D1 didn’t get D2 so I was SOL. I’m gonna see if my new group will do garden soon cause I want to finish the divinity quest. I also hope the vaulted raids come back at some point too

I’ve wanted to run raids on this ever since leviathan dropped like 4 years ago, but all my raiding buddies from D1 didn’t get D2 so I was SOL. I’m gonna see if my new group will do garden soon cause I want to finish the divinity quest. I also hope the vaulted raids come back at some point too

yeah, out of the old raids, Leviathan and Scourge of the Past are both very fun to play. the 3 mini one are kinda hit and miss but I do like Crown of Sorrow thou.

if you can use Discord and want to do a raid your group is not doing, try out the Bungie fireteam finder. I've been doing all my stuff through it.

LordCBH

yeah, out of the old raids, Leviathan and Scourge of the Past are both very fun to play. the 3 mini one are kinda hit and miss but I do like Crown of Sorrow thou.

if you can use Discord and want to do a raid your group is not doing, try out the Bungie fireteam finder. I've been doing all my stuff through it.

Oh nice! Yeah I’ll give that a shot!

T_Exige

Question: In my inventory I unlocked an item in modifications. It showed my hunter cloak in glowing/gold effect. Description was something about matching class or subclass.
I can't remember the details or the name of the item and now I can't find it anywhere.

Question: In my inventory I unlocked an item in modifications. It showed my hunter cloak in glowing/gold effect. Description was something about matching class or subclass.
I can't remember the details or the name of the item and now I can't find it anywhere.

I'm not 100% sure but from what you're saying it might be an ornament? if it is, go to your armor pieces and press down and see I guess.

Last boss for Garden of Salvation is rough. Any tips from those who’ve finished it? We had to call it a night.

are you having issues with the tethers? if that's the case, it's mostly a matter of making sure everyone else other than the people doing tether is on the other side of the platform. like if you know it's going to do blue tether, everyone who's not in the tether go to the orange side, etc.

Dthomp

Last boss for Garden of Salvation is rough. Any tips from those who’ve finished it? We had to call it a night.

Robot Carnival Robot Carnival suggested the best option, I'm not sure they ever really patched or fixed that encounter. That encounter is the reason most people don't enjoy that raid, way too much shit can go wrong that half the time isn't even user error messing shit up. I'd say I can't wait for that raid to hit the Vault too, but I just can't bring myself to care enough to log in anymore.

Top Bottom