• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

LordCBH

are you having issues with the tethers? if that's the case, it's mostly a matter of making sure everyone else other than the people doing tether is on the other side of the platform. like if you know it's going to do blue tether, everyone who's not in the tether go to the orange side, etc.

Yeah we keep failing at the tethers. No problems with my gambit teams banking motes and smashing shields, but the tethers just don’t want to work right, especially when trying to start the damage phase. Up until this it was an easy 9/10 raid for me, the consecrated mind fight being a highlight.

Dthomp

Yeah we keep failing at the tethers. No problems with my gambit teams banking motes and smashing shields, but the tethers just don’t want to work right, especially when trying to start the damage phase. Up until this it was an easy 9/10 raid for me, the consecrated mind fight being a highlight.

You gotta be careful of Vex teleporting past you and sacrificing without you seeing it too. If 1 sacs you lose a few motes so if you try to tether it won't take cause you don't have the 30? motes that you need to activate it

LordCBH

You gotta be careful of Vex teleporting past you and sacrificing without you seeing it too. If 1 sacs you lose a few motes so if you try to tether it won't take cause you don't have the 30? motes that you need to activate it

Yeah we’re about to give it another go tonight. I think the most annoying thing is if anyone is anywhere remotely close to the tether team, it just fucks everything up

Dthomp

Yeah we’re about to give it another go tonight. I think the most annoying thing is if anyone is anywhere remotely close to the tether team, it just fucks everything up

Yeah it's an unfortunate change from the days of D1 where raids were fun. Now they are too focused on making sure all 6 people are actively doing something at all times and that encounter shows just what a clusterfuck that can be when not done right.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Played D2 for the first time last night on SeX. Looks and plays nice at 60 fps.

Aside from running from point to point to clear waves of enemies, collect the blue and green things they drop and the occasional loot chest, do some mission stuff like do this or that, is there anything else to do?

There's so many dark creepy tunnels you got to run through, but it looks like there's no exploring or picking shit up like a poor man's version of Fallout rummaging through rubble.

If that's the case, then I won't even bother looking around and just focus on killing enemies, picking up their drops and looking for chests. Everything else, I'll just sprint through.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Played D2 for the first time last night on SeX. Looks and plays nice at 60 fps.

Aside from running from point to point to clear waves of enemies, collect the blue and green things they drop and the occasional loot chest, do some mission stuff like do this or that, is there anything else to do?

There's so many dark creepy tunnels you got to run through, but it looks like there's no exploring or picking shit up like a poor man's version of Fallout rummaging through rubble.

If that's the case, then I won't even bother looking around and just focus on killing enemies, picking up their drops and looking for chests. Everything else, I'll just sprint through.

In the bigger picture there's not alot else to do if you're just getting into the game. The game is currently running on a "seasons" type system (Think Battle Passes from other games), and has completely killed everything outside of that seasons content from mattering. Might be worth doing the New Light campaign just to catch up, but the things that were core components of the first game (Strikes and Crucible) for unique drops are now all just pointless. Right now the game and hamster wheel is designed strictly behind "Pinnacle and Power Drop" activities to get a bigger number of Light Level. If you are below 1275 I wouldn't focus too hard on anything and just run through it, you are just chasing drops to get to I think 1250LL and then Powerful Drop Sources to get to 1300 and then Pinnacle Drop activities to hit 1310....There's no reason to actually hit any of these numbers cause everything in PVE is scaled to you, my advice? If you are shooting shit and having fun, keep going, if you aren't feeling it, it doesn't really get any better.

LordCBH

Yeah it's an unfortunate change from the days of D1 where raids were fun. Now they are too focused on making sure all 6 people are actively doing something at all times and that encounter shows just what a clusterfuck that can be when not done right.

Fortunately we got through it tonight! I dig the weapons it dropped for me, and Heritage absolutely slayed in it. Once we got a good roll going it didn’t take us too long to down the boss. Two phases on our successful run. I need to do it one more time for Divinity, and then it’s on to Last Wish!

HoodWinked

man trials is absolutely crazy now, the skill gap has become a chasm. i feel completely helpless against some of these stacked teams, there was always a chance to get a pick before and pull a win.

now you get teams that coordinate grenade kills, use every cheese spot, and aim like machines. it's fucking disgusting.

the current meta is just complete and utter garbage. 120 needs to end, the only primary that isn't a 120 hc is dead man's.

IkxdUt6.jpg

Last edited:

Dthomp

man trials is absolutely crazy now, the skill gap has become a chasm. i feel completely helpless against some of these stacked teams, there was always a chance to get a pick before and pull a win.

now you get teams that coordinate grenade kills, use every cheese spot, and aim like machines. it's fucking disgusting.

the current meta is just complete and utter garbage. 120 needs to end, the only primary that isn't a 120 hc is dead man's.

IkxdUt6.jpg

Yeah Trials is a joke in D2, player movement is too fast for the tiny ass map size along with huge grenades AOE, and the 120HC and Shotty meta just makes it worse. I wish I could get into trials in D2, but I'm pretty rusty now and just stepping into regular crucible is a joke with nothing but meta shit there too. Maybe when the 120s get brought down we can actually use some other options, but as is with the speed and constant abilities this mode just needs to go and be reworked...again.

Jasonadream

Jfc. I just spent an hour and a half soloing the presage on tangled shores. The mission complete prompt didn’t show up so i went out of orbit to talk to zavala and the presage mission changed to “the voice on the other side” then reverted back to the presage. Amazing. Waste of time

Dthomp

Jfc. I just spent an hour and a half soloing the presage on tangled shores. The mission complete prompt didn’t show up so i went out of orbit to talk to zavala and the presage mission changed to “the voice on the other side” then reverted back to the presage. Amazing. Waste of time

Did you get to the end with the Gun and the dialog? It literally takes a good minute to minute and a half after the dialog before the mission actually "completes"

Jasonadream

Did you get to the end with the Gun and the dialog? It literally takes a good minute to minute and a half after the dialog before the mission actually "completes"
No i haven’t, it was very odd and frustrating that theres a giant hang time like that. But I’m more determined to go through it again out of spite and probably not use the rifle lol

Dthomp

No i haven’t, it was very odd and frustrating that theres a giant hang time like that. But I’m more determined to go through it again out of spite and probably not use the rifle lol

Yeah not popping the timer at the end of the dialog was beyond dumb and I'm pretty sure I almost left the mission myself. The rifle is decent?....It's great against stationary enemies that are orange/yellow bar due to the increase with each headshot, but I find it more gimmicky then anything else....like most D2 exotics that weren't in the first game.

LordCBH

Yeah not popping the timer at the end of the dialog was beyond dumb and I'm pretty sure I almost left the mission myself. The rifle is decent?....It's great against stationary enemies that are orange/yellow bar due to the increase with each headshot, but I find it more gimmicky then anything else....like most D2 exotics that weren't in the first game.

It’s really really useful if you’ve got it to drop with Vorpal, even more so if you’ve got the Sundering Gaze mod equipped as well. It’s pretty nice to sit back out of danger and just snipe with it. Though it helps that I love scout rifles in general.

hopped into D2 for first time this season. After falling off last season because of how much i hated crucible with all the ice powers every 5 seconds.

It was surprisingly not so bad. I just really dont like the loop of Destiny anymore tho. As a mostly PVP player, and someone that pays money for the stupid battlepass. I feel like i can never just chill and have fun with this game. Because goofing around and doing what i want i wont progress on the battlepass. And i dont play everyday so u can't really afford to not do the things that progress ur character the most.

I pretty much never get to do whatever the seasonal activity is. Or play the DLC campaigns.

hopped into D2 for first time this season. After falling off last season because of how much i hated crucible with all the ice powers every 5 seconds.

It was surprisingly not so bad. I just really dont like the loop of Destiny anymore tho. As a mostly PVP player, and someone that pays money for the stupid battlepass. I feel like i can never just chill and have fun with this game. Because goofing around and doing what i want i wont progress on the battlepass. And i dont play everyday so u can't really afford to not do the things that progress ur character the most.

I pretty much never get to do whatever the seasonal activity is. Or play the DLC campaigns.

the game does have a more PvE focus direction right now. but I feel even if you just do a little at a time every week, you can still get plenty done. but worst comes to worst, just go play something else for a while and don't sweat it too much. if you can put in maybe 2~3 hours a day, and play for 3 days a week, you can still get to the soft cap pretty easy. and then just go for some more PvP afterwards. the only think on the battlepass that really makes a difference with PvP are probably the 2 reload mods and that's about it. you can get to those pretty fast if you just arrange your game play accordingly. make sure to do the bounties that you would do in any case, like bounties that involve you using the weapons you already using and such. not go out of the way to do something that'll take up too much time. and if you can do the DSC raid every week or so, you should be able to progress just fine. the current seasonal activity, Battlegrounds, I feel is pretty good mix of what you get to do. plenty of things to kill too.

Dthomp

I love that they waited this long in the season to release a strike...which is basically just more fucking Battlegrounds, now that everybody has been done playing more then once a week for the last 2 months. This season is 100% proof and shows why their seasonal model doesn't work.

Trogdor1123

I love that they waited this long in the season to release a strike...which is basically just more fucking Battlegrounds, now that everybody has been done playing more then once a week for the last 2 months. This season is 100% proof and shows why their seasonal model doesn't work.
It probably works for their bank account. I haven't played the game since last season, I even uninstalled it. With ESO getting a next gen patch I'll probably be gone forever, mostly cause the season pass the rest because of how hard it is to do so much of the game as a solo player

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Fuck the Proving Grounds on GM.

FUCK the Tank Room.

FUCK The Boss room.

This is not fun nor challenging content in the fair sense of the word. It's a completely unbalanced, cheap mess and proves Bungie are awful at end game PvE difficulty balancing

Last edited:

Dthomp

Fuck the Proving Grounds on GM.

FUCK the Tank Room.

FUCK The Boss room.

This is not fun nor challenging content in the fair sense of the word. It's a completely unbalanced, cheap mess and proves Bungie are awful at end game PvE difficulty balancing

I was thinking about this last night while just putzing around, but a big issue for me in logging in and playing now is that there is no reason, there is no reason to run strikes or play PVP because there is no loot. They are so busy making "endgame" PVE content that is not an option for many people playing the game that they are missing a big chunk of players who just want to play with their friends and chase some cool loot. For the most part it's just me and a buddy playing some together, can't two man the NF this week for 100k cause it's just a brutal strike, which means no pinnacle drop, and little to no chance for a Pali drop. PLEASE focus on core playlist engagement and not the boring end game shit that always requires 1 specific loadout or cheese to get done. All new content is made this dumbly hard because they fucked up and didn't sunset properly and then made it worse by backing off of it. If they weren't going for a full Taken King weapon and armor reset, they should have just nuked certain guns/abilities/classees from the game. It will never be balanced endgame as long as half the classes are OP as fuck in PVE, same with weapon loadouts that now will never change going forward.

Destiny 2 has been full of strikes that I legit can't stand and will leave, this is just another in that long list. I'm real close to many that have been here in putting this game down for good. I just don't see it ever being the game that I look forward to logging into each day the way the first game was, and that's a real damn shame.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
I was thinking about this last night while just putzing around, but a big issue for me in logging in and playing now is that there is no reason, there is no reason to run strikes or play PVP because there is no loot. They are so busy making "endgame" PVE content that is not an option for many people playing the game that they are missing a big chunk of players who just want to play with their friends and chase some cool loot. For the most part it's just me and a buddy playing some together, can't two man the NF this week for 100k cause it's just a brutal strike, which means no pinnacle drop, and little to no chance for a Pali drop. PLEASE focus on core playlist engagement and not the boring end game shit that always requires 1 specific loadout or cheese to get done. All new content is made this dumbly hard because they fucked up and didn't sunset properly and then made it worse by backing off of it. If they weren't going for a full Taken King weapon and armor reset, they should have just nuked certain guns/abilities/classees from the game. It will never be balanced endgame as long as half the classes are OP as fuck in PVE, same with weapon loadouts that now will never change going forward.

Destiny 2 has been full of strikes that I legit can't stand and will leave, this is just another in that long list. I'm real close to many that have been here in putting this game down for good. I just don't see it ever being the game that I look forward to logging into each day the way the first game was, and that's a real damn shame.

Bro, I totally agree. Thankfully D1 is still kind of populated so it's always nice to jump back in from time to time.

But yeah it's all a mess. I hit 1325 for GMs last week, went into Proving Grounds GM, didn't have any fun and now just think what's the point?

This never happened in D1 ever.

the game does have a more PvE focus direction right now. but I feel even if you just do a little at a time every week, you can still get plenty done. but worst comes to worst, just go play something else for a while and don't sweat it too much. if you can put in maybe 2~3 hours a day, and play for 3 days a week, you can still get to the soft cap pretty easy. and then just go for some more PvP afterwards. the only think on the battlepass that really makes a difference with PvP are probably the 2 reload mods and that's about it. you can get to those pretty fast if you just arrange your game play accordingly. make sure to do the bounties that you would do in any case, like bounties that involve you using the weapons you already using and such. not go out of the way to do something that'll take up too much time. and if you can do the DSC raid every week or so, you should be able to progress just fine. the current seasonal activity, Battlegrounds, I feel is pretty good mix of what you get to do. plenty of things to kill too.

well after playing for that week. I can kinda retract my statement. Because they somewhat fixed my problem. As i guess now they added "weekly challenges for the season" like Fortnite/Apex have. And i ranked up to lvl 50 on the battlepass in just 6 days. With not much effort.

HoodWinked

GM proving grounds I think is pretty well designed. It seems kind of bullshit at first but because it's tightly scripted it's very much about knowing what to do and when to do it. It's very similar to MMO raid encounters. The boss especially can be beaten very reliably if you just take the encounter in the correct sequence and know when and where the adds spawn.

Dthomp

GM proving grounds I think is pretty well designed. It seems kind of bullshit at first but because it's tightly scripted it's very much about knowing what to do and when to do it. It's very similar to MMO raid encounters. The boss especially can be beaten very reliably if you just take the encounter in the correct sequence and know when and where the adds spawn.

I suppose that's a decent way to look at it. I personally do not enjoy having to run one specific loadout to complete an activity, but I think that is where Bungie has really lost its playerbase/fanbase the last couple of years. They are so focused on the 1-3% of the playerbase that wants this insane difficulty content instead of focusing on the things that used to keep people playing, Strike Specific Loot (Not NF only), Crucible guns that dropped at the end of matches that were good, or at least could roll good. Raid guns and armor that were highly wanted (Newest Raid was better with this).

I could live with GMs being something to work on if the other aspects of this game were rolling like clockwork like the first game, but they aren't. Too many areas of the game are just bad right now, and they either don't have enough staff on D2, or they are all spread so thin working on things like seasonal artifact, seasonal storyline for each week, eververse, etc. Honestly, I'd have GMs and Trials on the backburner for the immediate season while you get the game to the base that they seem to be getting back too with vendors actually finally selling gear again soon, hopefully ditching the rest of the modes that use tokens for XP level ups, and maybe hopefully removing the infinite blues at the end of every activity.

tried a few times yesterday and today to do the GM NF this week before refresh. came close a couple times but in the end just can't finish. oh well, at least I don't use hand cannons that much so I don't really care.

Lanrutcon

Transmog system accurately sums up the state of the game.

Transmog should be a 2 second exercise, but no: gotta implement it like Destiny 2 was some Korean f2p jank.

Dthomp

Transmog system accurately sums up the state of the game.

Transmog should be a 2 second exercise, but no: gotta implement it like Destiny 2 was some Korean f2p jank.

Yup, game should have just been canned by now. It's too far gone to get to a quality product like we had during times in the first game. IF the game is to continue, 2 needs to be nuked from existence and build a new engine and kind of remake/remaster the first game while adding the few good things the second game added IE...mantling....that's the only thing the second game added that we needed in D1. What a shitshow this game has become

Shubh_C63

Man I am sad I missed the alleged golden days of Destiny. For me even this supposed sorry state of Destiny is fine. I mean I paid 20$ for an year of content, I just can't complain for the amount.

but even after that. Bungie have some balls when releasing no new maps since...idk 2 Years holy shit.

Man I am sad I missed the alleged golden days of Destiny. For me even this supposed sorry state of Destiny is fine. I mean I paid 20$ for an year of content, I just can't complain for the amount.

but even after that. Bungie have some balls when releasing no new maps since...idk 2 Years holy shit.
if its any solace......there were problems, even in the golden days. I loved Destiny 1. But you never got exotics. You had to constantly equip ur highest level gear because drops were tied to what you were wearing. Even XP only went to ur equipped gear. Want to level up a certain weapon or helmet?? u better have that stuff equipped before u turn in ur bounties.

and Destiny 2 was a nightmare at launch. No special/energy weapon slot. No random rolls

LordCBH

if its any solace......there were problems, even in the golden days. I loved Destiny 1. But you never got exotics. You had to constantly equip ur highest level gear because drops were tied to what you were wearing. Even XP only went to ur equipped gear. Want to level up a certain weapon or helmet?? u better have that stuff equipped before u turn in ur bounties.

and Destiny 2 was a nightmare at launch. No special/energy weapon slot. No random rolls

D2 year 1 was soooooo rough. I enjoyed D1’s year 1 for the most part even though the first expansion was shit. My biggest knock on D2 right now is still the removal of content we paid for. I think that sucks and the community should’ve had a massive backlash against it.

Dthomp

D2 year 1 was soooooo rough. I enjoyed D1’s year 1 for the most part even though the first expansion was shit. My biggest knock on D2 right now is still the removal of content we paid for. I think that sucks and the community should’ve had a massive backlash against it.

Destiny community is too busy whining about PC cheaters then they are realizing that they are having big chunks of the game they bought taken away so they can add such cool things like transmog armor that you get like 4 sets of then you have to spend cash. People have so many complaints about this game, bungie just only listens to the 1% of the population worried about Trials, or that there isn't enough high level solo shit to do in a mulitplayer game.

Where is the outrage over non-vendor refreshes that we had in D1?
Where is the rage over no new crucible maps in 2 years?
Strike specific loot? Nah, more GM NF rewards for those 1%'s

I could go on and on, but what's the point. THis game is a husk of it's former game just hoping to keep milking the 1% that spend blindly like idiots

LordCBH

Destiny community is too busy whining about PC cheaters then they are realizing that they are having big chunks of the game they bought taken away so they can add such cool things like transmog armor that you get like 4 sets of then you have to spend cash. People have so many complaints about this game, bungie just only listens to the 1% of the population worried about Trials, or that there isn't enough high level solo shit to do in a mulitplayer game.

Where is the outrage over non-vendor refreshes that we had in D1?
Where is the rage over no new crucible maps in 2 years?
Strike specific loot? Nah, more GM NF rewards for those 1%'s

I could go on and on, but what's the point. THis game is a husk of it's former game just hoping to keep milking the 1% that spend blindly like idiots

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely do bitch about the amount of PvP cheaters, but it isn’t my core bitch fest lol. I love this game. I hate how they took away content I paid for and couldn’t even give a half decent reason for it. If I didn’t have a group I play with I would’ve bounced long ago.

Dthomp

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely do bitch about the amount of PvP cheaters, but it isn’t my core bitch fest lol. I love this game. I hate how they took away content I paid for and couldn’t even give a half decent reason for it. If I didn’t have a group I play with I would’ve bounced long ago.

I had a great clan/group last season, but everybody stopped playing when we cleared DSC 50+ times last season and realized that was all there was to do this season, just for you know +10LL. The leveling system needs a complete overhaul along with so many aspects of the game. If the game wanted to go the bounty grind, they needed to go back to leveling up your guns/gear like in D1 to give a fun reason to do boring ass bounties. Alas, I've mostly moved on, will likely check out next season since like a dummie I paid for it in advance expecting good change.

Honestly if they took away the limit I’d be ok with it since I play all that content anyway. But damn sometimes Bungie just absolutely refuses to read the room before doing something.

yeah, I'm on the same boat. I'm fine for the most part on what they gave us. just need them to relax the limit from 10 a season to maybe 20 or something. I probably won't even use the feature all that much to be honest. I rather they put the effort into making other stuff for the game.

yeah, I think Destiny 2 made plenty of improvements from D1. and let's face it, the looter shooter market is still somewhat limited for a good reason. there are just too many factors to making a FPS looter shooter live service game great. even more so when it's a game that involves PvP. Destiny, for all it's flaws, is still at the top of that market. the only other game up there is Boarderland and that's about it. FPS looter shooter/live service games just require way too much resource to do, let alone do good. and looking at the companies who are capable to do them, Bungie is probably as good as you can get when you're talking about consumer friendliness. I mean, we saw EA's attempt in Anthem. do you think any other company can do better? would you rather Activision give it a go? I don't think the outcome of that would be all that good for the regular people playing games.

Dthomp

yeah, I think Destiny 2 made plenty of improvements from D1. and let's face it, the looter shooter market is still somewhat limited for a good reason. there are just too many factors to making a FPS looter shooter live service game great. even more so when it's a game that involves PvP. Destiny, for all it's flaws, is still at the top of that market. the only other game up there is Boarderland and that's about it. FPS looter shooter/live service games just require way too much resource to do, let alone do good. and looking at the companies who are capable to do them, Bungie is probably as good as you can get when you're talking about consumer friendliness. I mean, we saw EA's attempt in Anthem. do you think any other company can do better? would you rather Activision give it a go? I don't think the outcome of that would be all that good for the regular people playing games.

I will say, had ANYBODY else been in charge of the Anthem team I believe it would have found success the same way D1 did after a while. D1 stumbled a bit out of the gates too, so not sure why companies think that a new dev can make something in the same genre with no experience. Had EA not been so obsessed with the microtransaction crap, the gameplay was very good, visuals were stunning, really all they didn't have was an end game (Which Destiny still offers very little of even to this date). I hate that Anthem 2.0 got canned.

The thing about Bungie and this game that bug me, is that they have some of the most fun gunplay in a console shooter, but they continue to push D2 into Ability Simulation the game, and if I wanted that...I'd play Overwatch and have more fun. They still have this big problem with not knowing what they want this game to be, outside of a dying cash cow that they'll keep beating til it's toast. There isn't a solid vision of this is what we want the game to be, they just kind of go from one weird idea to the next while putting band aids everywhere they can while saying they are listening and working on stuff.

As far as Activision? I think if they could build a team with some of the great people Bungie has for some dumb reason let go along the way and folks who can actually meet deadlines could easily bring something to the market that pushes this game and could possibly finally knock it into the ground, but modern gamers are...? Awful? All they want is Battle Royale games with basically loot boxes disguised as costumes so there aren't teams out there wanting to create something like this outside of Borderlands which you said, and I can easily say I have had more fun in BL3 (Even with a shit story) then alot of my time in Destiny. Maybe could be that they focus on releasing more then 6 new guns a season, and lean into being a shooter better then Bungie.

I'd be super interested to see Gearbox put together a team to make something closer to Destiny as a new IP for them, but with the focus on Guns and Gameplay over alot of what Bungie is currently worrying about.

I will say, had ANYBODY else been in charge of the Anthem team I believe it would have found success the same way D1 did after a while. D1 stumbled a bit out of the gates too, so not sure why companies think that a new dev can make something in the same genre with no experience. Had EA not been so obsessed with the microtransaction crap, the gameplay was very good, visuals were stunning, really all they didn't have was an end game (Which Destiny still offers very little of even to this date). I hate that Anthem 2.0 got canned.

The thing about Bungie and this game that bug me, is that they have some of the most fun gunplay in a console shooter, but they continue to push D2 into Ability Simulation the game, and if I wanted that...I'd play Overwatch and have more fun. They still have this big problem with not knowing what they want this game to be, outside of a dying cash cow that they'll keep beating til it's toast. There isn't a solid vision of this is what we want the game to be, they just kind of go from one weird idea to the next while putting band aids everywhere they can while saying they are listening and working on stuff.

As far as Activision? I think if they could build a team with some of the great people Bungie has for some dumb reason let go along the way and folks who can actually meet deadlines could easily bring something to the market that pushes this game and could possibly finally knock it into the ground, but modern gamers are...? Awful? All they want is Battle Royale games with basically loot boxes disguised as costumes so there aren't teams out there wanting to create something like this outside of Borderlands which you said, and I can easily say I have had more fun in BL3 (Even with a shit story) then alot of my time in Destiny. Maybe could be that they focus on releasing more then 6 new guns a season, and lean into being a shooter better then Bungie.

I'd be super interested to see Gearbox put together a team to make something closer to Destiny as a new IP for them, but with the focus on Guns and Gameplay over alot of what Bungie is currently worrying about.

I don't trust both EA or Activision with anything these days. look at Anthem and COD and all the microtransactions and tell me you want that. Gearbox can probably pull it off (how's the PvP on Boarderland btw? or is there actual PvP in BL?) but under Epic? it'll probably involve loot boxes, exclusivity and what not. and I am not installing EGS.

Trogdor1123

Any comments on the Gaurdian games this year? I really liked it last season but is it worth reinstalling the game just for it? Anything new since Christmas that would be worth playing? I'm pretty casual but enjoy the game.

I won't be buying the season if that matters.

Any comments on the Gaurdian games this year? I really liked it last season but is it worth reinstalling the game just for it? Anything new since Christmas that would be worth playing? I'm pretty casual but enjoy the game.

it's better than last year at least. they have a strike mode where you will only get pair up with the same classes as you, so it make farming laurel a little easier. and the medals can be earn easier too. getting medals are not too bad either. get a card from grandma and go do some Nightfall, even the easiest ones, and you can get a platinum medal pretty quickly.

as for new stuff in game, the Battleground mode is actually pretty good. lots of stuff to kill and actually allow you to flex your firepower more. the Presage quest is pretty easy also and gives you one of the best scout rifle in the game right now, Dead Man's Tale. this is the same as the Hawkmoon quest which you can do once a week and get a random roll exotic weapon. I think if you had not done these, hopping on to play a little won't hurt.

LordCBH

Guardian Games is fine. I didn’t play guardian games last time so I have no comparison, but it’s fine. I kinda like it. Got the exotic weapon and the catalyst.
As far as new stuff, the seasonal storyline was pretty entertaining and I liked the Battlegrounds a lot. The new strike was really fun too. Presage is one of my favorite D2 missions so far, and the reward is really good too.

the upcoming Linear Fusion buff seems nice. my Sleeper might finally see some use. also have a Threaded Needle that's decent to use. I hope they'll show some love to trace rifle thou. we don't even have any ammo finder mod for them right now.

LordCBH

the upcoming Linear Fusion buff seems nice. my Sleeper might finally see some use. also have a Threaded Needle that's decent to use. I hope they'll show some love to trace rifle thou. we don't even have any ammo finder mod for them right now.

Yeah. I just grinded out my sleeper catalyst in anticipation. I really wish bungie would stop ignoring trace rifles and introduce some legendary ones so I could get trace rifle mods

Yeah. I just grinded out my sleeper catalyst in anticipation. I really wish bungie would stop ignoring trace rifles and introduce some legendary ones so I could get trace rifle mods

I know right? like, at the very least, put some trace rifle ammo mods in there. it's not like they have no use or anything. Coldheart is actually fun to use for boss dps, Prometheus Lens is great for clearing adds, and Divinity is a must for a lot of high level stuff. and yeah, some purple variety ones would be great too. hopefully they'll put some attention to trace rilfes soon.

LordCBH

I know right? like, at the very least, put some trace rifle ammo mods in there. it's not like they have no use or anything. Coldheart is actually fun to use for boss dps, Prometheus Lens is great for clearing adds, and Divinity is a must for a lot of high level stuff. and yeah, some purple variety ones would be great too. hopefully they'll put some attention to trace rilfes soon.

I like taking cold heart into crucible lol

Top Bottom