• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

LordCBH

speaking of trace rifles, I still to this day not sure how the Wavesplitter works. I heard it's actually pretty good once you get used to it.

Sadly I don’t have Wavesplitter yet. I just got Ruinous Effigy and just discovered they want and absurd 5000 kills for the catalyst.

Sadly I don’t have Wavesplitter yet. I just got Ruinous Effigy and just discovered they want and absurd 5000 kills for the catalyst.

I think if your season pass is all leveled up, the exotic catalyst booster bonus should help and you won't need to kill that many stuff to complete it.

LordCBH

I think if your season pass is all leveled up, the exotic catalyst booster bonus should help and you won't need to kill that many stuff to complete it.

I think the boost only applies to the season pass weapon (Ticuu’s this season) cause I’m at 10% with 500 kills.

I think the boost only applies to the season pass weapon (Ticuu’s this season) cause I’m at 10% with 500 kills.

hmmm, in that case, just have to grind it out :messenger_downcast_sweat: try to equip a shotgun or grenade launcher in your primary and put on the ammo finder mod for that weapon. that way you'll get some green bricks while you're farming away.

FFS... disable it in PvP then. I was doing Proving Ground and was wondering what the hell is wrong with it that I can't make a turret. (apparently someone found out that you can throw a turret out at the end of the super and basically making the turret stay around forever or something).

HoodWinked

FFS... disable it in PvP then. I was doing Proving Ground and was wondering what the hell is wrong with it that I can't make a turret. (apparently someone found out that you can throw a turret out at the end of the super and basically making the turret stay around forever or something).

Holding the grenade as the super ends let's you continue the super indefinitely as long as you have good timing and alternate between light and heavy. They had a similar infinite super glitch when beyond light first came out.

Shubh_C63

What is this BS. You basically disabled the entire subclass, throwing turrets is what you do as a Warlock.
Hope they fix it fast.

LordCBH

Bruh so that’s why my stasis wasn’t working right. Ugh. Yeah just nuke it in PvP please.

Holding the grenade as the super ends let's you continue the super indefinitely as long as you have good timing and alternate between light and heavy. They had a similar infinite super glitch when beyond light first came out.

I see. that's pretty bad indeed. but still, just lock it for PvP then. that's just annoying as hell to everyone else.

Vindicator

Wanted to do a chill Devils Lair GM with a turret spamming Shadebinder, nothing else to do this season besides the GG weekly bounties next week.
Maybe it's fixed tomorrow...

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

edit:

Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic

Last edited:

LordCBH

I’m excited. That trailer was pretty good. All in on that dope neon aesthetic. 6 player match made activity FINALLY. VOG VOG VOG!!!! The new exotic looks sweet too.

in his break down, Rick Kackis notice that that we might be getting the 3 job specific swords back. also there might be some kinda new mechanic like those lance thing you can use back on Mars before or it could be a new aspect of the light classes. either way should be fun.

Last edited:

some good news and good changes in the new TWAB. a bunch of legendary weapons for this new season, including Hung Jury from D1. Trace Rifle armor mods finally coming. changes to some Stasis stuff. all in all I like it.

Shubh_C63

Like 10-20 more weapons going to come next season and my Vault is packed.

Bungie should have an official Clear Your Vault day on Sundays where they give you access to the small horde mode testing room.
500/500 out here.

Dthomp

I can't wait to see how they destroy my favorite raid of all time next season. My head is spinning with the ways they'll mess this up.

I gotta love bringing back Hung Jury to a game where you likely won't be able to get the perks that made it good in D1, and scouts in D2...LOL. I'll care about these weapons when they finally learn that people don't want to just sit in NFs for hours a day for a low drop rate (Since the only one that is reliable is GM), and make them STRIKE SPECIFIC WITH A HIGHER CHANCE IN NFS!.

I need to log in and delete shaders apparently, but I don't know why I bother. 6 person matchmade activities for me are fun once or twice and I'm done. Focusing is back, which means everybody has a god roll week 1 so empty activities from there, and Tron? Eh.

I'll say it every stupid Season, they need to back off the season pass model and go back to big focused DLCs. This season isn't even out and they are talking about the stasis nerfs THE FOLLOWING SEASON!

Trogdor1123

Well... I downloaded it again. Gunplay is still great. Did a few strikes. Was fun. Can I do the story in the next few days or does it take long?

LordCBH

Well... I downloaded it again. Gunplay is still great. Did a few strikes. Was fun. Can I do the story in the next few days or does it take long?

The Beyond Light campaign isn’t too long. There’s a little bit of a grind to unlock the new subclass from it, but it’s not too bad.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Ok... How do I do that? I didn't see a prompt on where it was or how to access it. Sorry for a noob question.

do you have that new area node in the upper left of the tower map called Helm?

just go there talk to npc and table to get it going. Might have to talk to Zalvalla too.

Kinda remember being just dumped into the 1st part of it when I logged on after the patch

once you get it started it’s mostly just playing the next battle ground and maybe doing it with the hammer when you get it. Most of the grindy bits are saved for unlocked shit in the caster so don’t really need to do them. Might have to get cabal kills or some shit to advance some parts or run strikes/pe/pvp/gambit for gold.

I do remember doing it all on my brothers account in and hour or 2.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

do you have that new area node in the upper left of the tower map called Helm?

just go there talk to npc and table to get it going. Might have to talk to Zalvalla too.

Kinda remember being just dumped into the 1st part of it when I logged on after the patch

once you get it started it’s mostly just playing the next battle ground and maybe doing it with the hammer when you get it. Most of the grindy bits are saved for unlocked shit in the caster so don’t really need to do them. Might have to get cabal kills or some shit to advance some parts or run strikes/pe/pvp/gambit for gold.

I do remember doing it all on my brothers account in and hour or 2.
I will take a look tonight. I didn't get dumped straight into anything. Maybe I hit a wrong button or something.

Thanks

LordCBH

Sorry, I was talking about the season. I haven't played since December

Ah. Yeah. Seasons not too long to get through. If you got someone to play with, I highly recommend doing the Presage quest too. You get a great weapon that’s going to be very useful next season and it’s just a really cool mission.

LordCBH

I will take a look tonight. I didn't get dumped straight into anything. Maybe I hit a wrong button or something.

Thanks

If it doesn’t dump you straight into the first mission, you can launch it from Nessus. Once you run that I think you get access to the HELM.

you on PC or console? if on PC, let me know if you need help. as for running stuff for this season, you have around 4 days to grind out stuff I guess. depends on what you're looking to do I imagine you can get plenty done before the new season. what's your current light level?

Trogdor1123

you on PC or console? if on PC, let me know if you need help. as for running stuff for this season, you have around 4 days to grind out stuff I guess. depends on what you're looking to do I imagine you can get plenty done before the new season. what's your current light level?
Console, just level 1250

Trogdor1123

If enough PSN players were interested, we could start up a GAF PSN Message/chat group to post up activities or LFG, I just honestly don't know how long into the new season I'll bother and if there are more then you and I even on console.
I agree, I don't think there are that many. I probably will bail once the next gen ESO patch comes too

Trogdor1123

Jeepers, you leave for a bit and catalysts dropbway more, got like 3 in the last 2 days. I didn't know cold heart even had one. It any good?

LordCBH

Jeepers, you leave for a bit and catalysts dropbway more, got like 3 in the last 2 days. I didn't know cold heart even had one. It any good?

It’s a pretty good buff to reload speed and stability so I’d say it’s pretty worth it, especially with trace rifle armor mods coming next season too.

HoodWinked

I wanted to finish up and get legend this season. The struggle was real I was bouncing between 4900 and 5200 for days. Get a couple wins then get a match where someone would leave the team making it close to impossible to win these 2v3. Then finally had a string of wins and got to 5494 which counts (legend is 5450 don't have to hit the 5500 cap)

Anyways there is a pretty pointless triumph to win 5 matches in legend rank. Despite going up and down all week the next 5 games I win in a row. Funny how it goes sometimes.

They used to matchmake very stickly by rank so these legend rank wins were super sweaty but now the match making seems pretty much random.

Last edited:

LordCBH

I wanted to finish up and get legend this season. The struggle was real I was bouncing between 4900 and 5200 for days. Get a couple wins then get a match where someone would leave the team making it close to impossible to win these 2v3. Then finally had a string of wins and got to 5494 which counts (legend is 5450 don't have to hit the 5500 cap)

Anyways there is a pretty pointless triumph to win 5 matches in legend rank. Despite going up and down all week the next 5 games I win in a row. Funny how it goes sometimes.

They used to matchmake very stickly by rank so these legend rank wins were super sweaty but now the match making seems pretty much random.

I REALLY want to go for the Unbroken title but I don’t think I have the patience or temperament. I just nabbed conqueror this weekend cause I saw next season has Glassway as a featured strike so I said screw it and just grinded out the relatively easy ones this season.

Trogdor1123

I'm sure everyone knows but the update is live.

Any tips on what guns to use now? I have no idea what has been nerfed and what has been buffed in the last 6 months. I like auto rifles a similar guns. The trace rifles are pretty darn fun too but I do t know what is actually viable for a returning player like me.

Dthomp

I'm sure everyone knows but the update is live.

Any tips on what guns to use now? I have no idea what has been nerfed and what has been buffed in the last 6 months. I like auto rifles a similar guns. The trace rifles are pretty darn fun too but I do t know what is actually viable for a returning player like me.

I mean, if you're not going into raids or Legend lost sectors..it's Destiny PVE, use whatever you like, it's not like shit can really kill you in PVE these days. Haven't read the patch notes, but it didn't seem like any major buffs were coming for autos so use whichever you last liked, it should be able to be infused up

Trogdor1123

I mean, if you're not going into raids or Legend lost sectors..it's Destiny PVE, use whatever you like, it's not like shit can really kill you in PVE these days. Haven't read the patch notes, but it didn't seem like any major buffs were coming for autos so use whichever you last liked, it should be able to be infused up
I'd like to do some raids this time around actually. I've never done them before but would like to give them a try.

LordCBH

I'd like to do some raids this time around actually. I've never done them before but would like to give them a try.

Off the top of my head, LFR’s got a 15% buff to precision damage. 400 ROM auto rifles got a slight buff. Not sure of what else changed.

Top Bottom