• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Trogdor1123

hopefully you're doing this with your clanmates while chatting on Discord or something. I've had some of the most fun moments when doing raids while chatting with the team I'm with.
That is the goal. I'm also hoping to experience more of the content but if it doesn't work out, I'm just moving on to another game.

One quick question on the ps5 store. There is a "free" beyond light item that includes a "free" season pass as well that I can add to my library. I saw this last night. Would it give me the next season or is it some kind error? The text implies it is only the current season but I already own that.... Just wondering if anyone knew. Might cross post this in the discord

NinjaBoiX

Hi guys,

Is anyone else getting the error code “marionberry” on start up? I just downloaded it on Series S and I can’t connect to the servers, been trying for days.

I tried the help page but it won’t let me type anything into the search bar.

finally got a Fatebringer. now just need to have a good roll so I can put it in the vault and not use it like all my other hand cannons :messenger_tears_of_joy: looking forward to GM NF and challenges for VOG.

NinjaBoiX

Hi guys, I’m posting this in here as for whatever reason I can’t ask on the Bungie help page (I’ve tried through a few different browsers but the search bar doesn’t seem to want to accept any input?)

I’ve recently downloaded Destiny 2 and all the packs through gamepass but it just won’t launch. I click “A” on the start screen but it’s comes up with a error message of “can’t connect to the server, error code ‘marionberry’, please contact the Bungie help page.

But as mentioned, I can’t search my error code as the site seems unwilling to let me type anything.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Balboa

Hi guys, I’m posting this in here as for whatever reason I can’t ask on the Bungie help page (I’ve tried through a few different browsers but the search bar doesn’t seem to want to accept any input?)

I’ve recently downloaded Destiny 2 and all the packs through gamepass but it just won’t launch. I click “A” on the start screen but it’s comes up with a error message of “can’t connect to the server, error code ‘marionberry’, please contact the Bungie help page.

But as mentioned, I can’t search my error code as the site seems unwilling to let me type anything.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
They basically tell you to power cycle your router and if that doesn't work they suggest it's a port forwarding or firewall issue

Trogdor1123

Rat king catalyst take a long time?

Apparently not, just go down to shadow thralls in the golden throne... Which I've never been in

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

16 Infamy ranks bungie ?

Like you want entire fanbase to dedicate this week to just playing Gambit. x3 infamy and general hate for gambit makes sure everyone crazy enough to bother with challenges will complete it this weekend only. I think I am not that hungry for Large pile of bright dust.

Dthomp

16 Infamy ranks bungie ?

Like you want entire fanbase to dedicate this week to just playing Gambit. x3 infamy and general hate for gambit makes sure everyone crazy enough to bother with challenges will complete it this weekend only. I think I am not that hungry for Large pile of bright dust.

Gotta falsely pump up numbers to make it look like anybody actually likes gambit as a reason to keep it in the game and not delete it from history like it deserves. Waste of memory and space more then anything else they've removed already.

Trogdor1123

Gotta falsely pump up numbers to make it look like anybody actually likes gambit as a reason to keep it in the game and not delete it from history like it deserves. Waste of memory and space more then anything else they've removed already.
I must be the only person who likes it haha.

Pugs can suck but on a whole it's good

Dthomp

The problem with Gambit is the same problem most of the game suffers from, but I think it just showcases worse in Gambit. Certain weapons added with Wall Hacks just makes the game mode dumb IMO, you have two types of people invading 1)PVP gods who will team wipe you every time with Broken Heavies for the mode or snipes or 2)Bad PVP players that like the mode cause it lets them get a kill cause they knew exactly where they were.

Worse off, is this mode is clearly the brainchild of somebody high up the chain for it to not have been removed yet, and is constantly given the best weapons in the game (outside of Trials now), and people still don't want to play it. And now, all these dumb motes and banking crap is thrown into every other "seasonal" activity cause it's in the game.

I've never seen a company that had a blueprint for what kept people coming back day after day in the first game, and threw it all out the window for the joke that this game is now. The solid gunplay is the only reason I still occasionally log on, but because PVE players are bad at the game we need to keep ramping up the "power fantasy" so that the game is now ability spam the game 10x worse then D1 ever was.

Seasonal model needs to fucking go, the story from this season is actually interesting, and would be much more fun that I could sit down and play through the whole arc at my pace, instead of this weekly log in, do boring seasonal activity you hated after 3 runs just to get 3 minutes of story and then log off cause the rest of the game is unrewarding.

I mean, Fortnite basically just copy/pasted PUBG, can they do the same for Destiny 1 and give us the game we wanted this to be? With devs that can actually pump out stuff at a reasonable rate? Really hope Sonys team of ex-Bungo people create something like this but more like D1 and I can finally be done with this trash tier company.

for the most part I don't mind Gambit. even like it if both teams know what they're doing. the fact that I'm one of those assholes with an Eyes of Tomorrow to shut down people (thou I don't invade all that much) probably helps. it's only when people who has no idea on what they're doing or just don't care and just screw around and fuck up your game is when that mode sucks. just the basic on what all the different types of enemy do, how to efficiently kill them and stay alive. that and know when people are invading and what to do when that happens. it always amazes me that some folks just have no awareness on that at all. in any case, I think maybe force the newbies of that mode to do a few AI matches or something before throwing them into the pool.

Shubh_C63

The problem with Gambit is the same problem most of the game suffers from, but I think it just showcases worse in Gambit. Certain weapons added with Wall Hacks just makes the game mode dumb IMO, you have two types of people invading 1)PVP gods who will team wipe you every time with Broken Heavies for the mode or snipes or 2)Bad PVP players that like the mode cause it lets them get a kill cause they knew exactly where they were.

Worse off, is this mode is clearly the brainchild of somebody high up the chain for it to not have been removed yet, and is constantly given the best weapons in the game (outside of Trials now), and people still don't want to play it. And now, all these dumb motes and banking crap is thrown into every other "seasonal" activity cause it's in the game.

I've never seen a company that had a blueprint for what kept people coming back day after day in the first game, and threw it all out the window for the joke that this game is now. The solid gunplay is the only reason I still occasionally log on, but because PVE players are bad at the game we need to keep ramping up the "power fantasy" so that the game is now ability spam the game 10x worse then D1 ever was.

Seasonal model needs to fucking go, the story from this season is actually interesting, and would be much more fun that I could sit down and play through the whole arc at my pace, instead of this weekly log in, do boring seasonal activity you hated after 3 runs just to get 3 minutes of story and then log off cause the rest of the game is unrewarding.

I mean, Fortnite basically just copy/pasted PUBG, can they do the same for Destiny 1 and give us the game we wanted this to be? With devs that can actually pump out stuff at a reasonable rate? Really hope Sonys team of ex-Bungo people create something like this but more like D1 and I can finally be done with this trash tier company.
I think you're being too negative towards Destiny or Bungie.
For 20$ an year, they are alright to me. Sure I would love more stuff except the same core activities or trying to expunge in 9 mins or less.

I have not seen the golden days of Destiny. But I do believe all major talent and money is being invested in new IP Matter rather than Destiny.

Dthomp

I think you're being too negative towards Destiny or Bungie.
For 20$ an year, they are alright to me. Sure I would love more stuff except the same core activities or trying to expunge in 9 mins or less.

I have not seen the golden days of Destiny. But I do believe all major talent and money is being invested in new IP Matter rather than Destiny.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'm negative enough towards them. Like you said, you weren't there when Destiny was a game that so many that used to be here couldn't wait to log in for, and for more then the new 10 minute thing then log off. Bungie is not, and hasn't been the "Halo" guys for a decade now, and people need to stop giving them all this rope they haven't earned. Luke Smith was the worst thing to happen to this game, and in the end Activision were the ones that had the franchise on a decent path. Everything since they've "gone indie" has been cash grab after cash grab with none of the fun or addictive things that normal FTPs do to keep you coming back.

It's beyond clear that everybody worth their weight was put on their new IP, but after seeing what they did to D2, I have no faith in a new IP from this current studio. This is the problem for me with modern gaming, when everything becomes a GaaS, it doesn't take much to destroy a franchise to a longtime fan that you just can't earn back their trust as you are pushing forward with new bad FOMO mechanics. Destiny for me was a game that I would log in and play with friends, run strikes, raids, and a couple hours of PVP...and all we were playing for was the chance of some cool loot to drop. D2 is a game full of boring activities to do that pay out shitty blues, and due to them not being able to balance the game at all a completely stale perk pool for the weapons makes it so you don't need to grind for something new because you won't get better then Felwinters and a HC with KC/Rampage/SB.

Vindicator

Did my first (and probably last) Grandmaster this season just for the Challenge, not interested in gilding Conqueror or loot (got an explosive Adept HJ at least).
Next up 7 rounds won in Trials, hoping for a few fun matches inbetween getting stomped by sweat stacks/carries...

LordCBH

Some pretty significant nerfs coming next week. 120s, shottys, and DMT all getting a nerf. Anarchy also getting a nerf but not sure if it’s next week (booooo. Don’t touch my boy anarchy)

Dthomp

Some pretty significant nerfs coming next week. 120s, shottys, and DMT all getting a nerf. Anarchy also getting a nerf but not sure if it’s next week (booooo. Don’t touch my boy anarchy)

Come on dude, Anarchy has been beyond broken for over a year now, it's LONG overdue.

Dthomp

I’m fine with raid exotics being broken. Especially given eyes and Mytho are largely useless.

I can live with them being extremely good, but when it is sooo good that you never take it off, that's a problem. Guns like Anarchy along with things like Well/Bubble are the reason that Bungo struggles to make compelling content and "end game" PVE activity is just dumb shit on top of dumb shit because those abilities and that gun make everything else easy mode. EoT needs to be buffed I'm sure (haven't gotten one in 52 clears so idk), but if you go too far, you've got Ghallerjohoarn again. Mytho is fine since it uses primary ammo, and when you see the other nerfs coming, that could also help that gun to be a little more usable. It doesn't have a place in a sandbox where you can't get to the range that it excels at cause you're getting 2 tapped from 120s

LordCBH

I can live with them being extremely good, but when it is sooo good that you never take it off, that's a problem. Guns like Anarchy along with things like Well/Bubble are the reason that Bungo struggles to make compelling content and "end game" PVE activity is just dumb shit on top of dumb shit because those abilities and that gun make everything else easy mode. EoT needs to be buffed I'm sure (haven't gotten one in 52 clears so idk), but if you go too far, you've got Ghallerjohoarn again. Mytho is fine since it uses primary ammo, and when you see the other nerfs coming, that could also help that gun to be a little more usable. It doesn't have a place in a sandbox where you can't get to the range that it excels at cause you're getting 2 tapped from 120s

Ultimately, I don’t actually think you’re wrong. I’ll just REALLY miss top tier anarchy. But stuff like Mytho and Eyes really could use some adjusting. Even following an anarchy buff, there’s still zero reason to use Mytho outside of seasonal activities where the power of the gear doesn’t matter much.

I decided to try this game out one day and the very first thing that happened in the game was me replaying the EXACT same opening mission from the first game. I seriously thought I downloaded the first game but to only check that it was Destiny 2! WTF!!!?!?

I'm pretty happy with what they're going to do with the sandbox. less shoty apes? less 120 out shooting me on a scout/pulse at a distance? all good stuff. hell, I don't even mind the DMT nerf and I use it all the time in PvP. and while Anarchy getting nerf kinda sucks, I'm fine with it too. it honestly IS too good. give you more chance to use other exotics in the heavy slot, even if it's just a pick between Deathbringer, Whisper, Xeno and what looks to be Sleeper very soon. also very much looking forward to the changes next season too. would be fun to have the meta shift that much. also looking forward to do some master VOG since I still need Mythoclast anyway.

I decided to try this game out one day and the very first thing that happened in the game was me replaying the EXACT same opening mission from the first game. I seriously thought I downloaded the first game but to only check that it was Destiny 2! WTF!!!?!?

:messenger_tears_of_joy: yeah, they changed the starting missions a while back after trimming down the game. you'll still get new missions once you're passed that first part, so don't worry.

Last edited:
Wait a second why doesn't the catalyst boost I got last season for Ticuu's Divination work this season on Ticuu's Divination? What the fuck?

Shubh_C63

Wait a second why doesn't the catalyst boost I got last season for Ticuu's Divination work this season on Ticuu's Divination? What the fuck?
Yeah the catalyst boost only works for things released in that season.

I still haven't completed the Eriana Vow kills. At 2%.

Last edited:

stn

I haven't touched D2 in a very long time but want to get back into it. Is there a site that has pics of the different types of armors for each class? I want to know what to aim for based on what looks the coolest to me. Thanks!

Vindicator

I haven't touched D2 in a very long time but want to get back into it. Is there a site that has pics of the different types of armors for each class? I want to know what to aim for based on what looks the coolest to me. Thanks!
Most of them should be here:

Reactions: stn

stn

That is perfect Vindicator Vindicator . Thank you!!!

I haven't played Destiny since vanilla, bought a few of the early expansions but never played them. How do I get the Titan "Reverie Dawn" set and where is the Dreaming City? Thanks!

LordCBH

I forgot I didn't have the right ammo finder on when I LFGed a master nightfall just now. Not a single brick dropped. Having to swap mods when you swap weapons is such pointless busy work.

The heavy ammo finders barely even work in the content they’re actually designed for. Two GMs last night with double linear fusion finder on. Not a single heavy ammo brick dropped. They also can’t fix the bug where you just instantly die when you drop into the boss room for this strike, but they can sure add shit to the money store. I love this game but damn they have no desire to actually fix broken shit.

Vindicator

That is perfect Vindicator Vindicator . Thank you!!!

I haven't played Destiny since vanilla, bought a few of the early expansions but never played them. How do I get the Titan "Reverie Dawn" set and where is the Dreaming City? Thanks!
Dreaming City should be available in the Director after finishing the new light quest, i dont really know tbh.
The Armor drops from activities there, you might need the Forsaken expansion, which has more stuff to do like Blind Well or the Shattered Throne dungeon with higher drop chance than the f2p lost sectors/public events.

The heavy ammo finders barely even work in the content they’re actually designed for. Two GMs last night with double linear fusion finder on. Not a single heavy ammo brick dropped. They also can’t fix the bug where you just instantly die when you drop into the boss room for this strike, but they can sure add shit to the money store. I love this game but damn they have no desire to actually fix broken shit.
I did get yeeted across the boss room for no apparent reason in GM but somehow survived it. And yeah the ammo finders... I don't know... 2 Grenade Launcher finders pretty obviously work. But when I'm doing Gunsmith bounties for example it's pretty clear that double finders for some weapons are completely broken. Doesn't seem to work for machine guns. A least it will say Ammo Finder on your screen when it procs, so you can kind of feel out if it's broken. Before I realized that I was like "I guess the finder is working, I mean, look at that one heavy brick" when it was probably just a regular stingy drop rate heavy brick.

Ada-1 was selling a fusion rifle flinch resistance mod of some sort the other day. I have just a couple of mods left to unlock so I try to swing by when I can to try to finish the collection. But for some reason that mod was purchasable even though I already had it. I figured what the hell, I must be mistaken, handed over my mod components, got the mod to pop up on the right side of my screen... looked at the Ada-1 menu again, and I could still purchase it. Purchased it again. Sure enough, more mod components down the drain. Big deal? Probably not as mod components seem to be otherwise worthless, but what a weird stupid bug.

And I was grinding The Empty Tank Lost Sector on Master to finish my exotics collection which was neglected for the last couple of seasons... I do like 20 runs, nothing pops up. I never see the Platinum Rewards thing pop so I think I'm getting screwed every time.... eventually I get an exotic that goes to my postmaster... I collect and... it's a helmet instead of new shoes? I google it and sure enough if your engrams are full then you get the wrong item. So I had to clear out my junk engrams and grind it again.

And I guess the Dreaming City re-issue weapons aren't dropping this week like they're supposed to.... RIP.

LordCBH

And I guess the Dreaming City re-issue weapons aren't dropping this week like they're supposed to.... RIP.

I read there’s a bug where the reissued moon and DC weapons are only dropping for people who never got the originals. All the moon weapons are still showing as sunset for me…..

random thought. they should make some changes to the trace rifle Coldheart. now that we have stasis, maybe they should change that to a stasis element instead and maybe there will be some use for it.

SLIDE​

The goal of this slide change is to slightly reduce the effectiveness of sliding into engagements to gain the upper hand. Even after the Shotgun changes we made last Season, sliding into every engagement with a Shotgun, or any weapon, is still incredibly effective, and run-and-gun playstyles are very low-risk. This is a change that looks scarier on paper than it feels in practice in our opinion, and we’ll continue to monitor how it plays out.

• While sliding, players now incur the following weapon penalties:
    • -20 stability
    • +15% shotgun pellet spread
    • 1.5x flinch

sliding nerf? THANK YOU! finally! I was hoping they'll just give sliding a kinda recharge like warlock blinds and what not, but I'll take this instead.

HoodWinked

The slide nerf is good but also kind of pointless as the meta had already shifted to chappy. This will only make chappy even more prevalent.

random thought. they should make some changes to the trace rifle Coldheart. now that we have stasis, maybe they should change that to a stasis element instead and maybe there will be some use for it.

Ya it's been suggested by many it's likely that it might not be productive to do. Since it would pull efforts into making new exotics which they need to do to sell new season passes. Even if it does get reworked unless it's broken won't be meta so ultimately go unused anyways.

HoodWinked

Ignition code with slideshot is so goofy. You can fire, slide, fire. The initial hit causes most to retreat then you just slide and fire again.

LordCBH

Damn, Last Wish was a fuck ton of fun. Now I gotta run it till I get 1K. Got Eyes in 10, and Vex in 2. Let's go. (It'll probably take me 50 runs)

Top Bottom