• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Jebron

I've always been a PvP player. Haven't played Destiny 2 in 8 months. Came back and played seven crucible games tonight on PS5... every single one was a mercy. What the actual fuck is going on with the matchmaking?

just a reminder to cash in your Vanguard Tokens with Zavala before next reset. I got like 9000 of them and took me such a long time to cash them all in :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Dibbs

Its soon autumn and I'm back into Destiny again just like the previous three autumns, lol. I havent played since January and I still have my old 1260 power gear. So, what's the most important stuff to finish before the new season starts?

Its soon autumn and I'm back into Destiny again just like the previous three autumns, lol. I havent played since January and I still have my old 1260 power gear. So, what's the most important stuff to finish before the new season starts?

I guess try to do all the Splicer story line and the different Expunge missions. also do the Override activity since it's not a bad way to farm some stuff and I'm not sure if it'll stay next season.

edit: also, seems game is down right now for emergency maintenance.

Last edited:

so... primary ammo becoming infinite should be interesting. I wonder how Sweet Business with Actium War Rig would work now. that and Fighting Lion getting the reload nerf but going to infinite ammo should be interesting for both PvP and PvE. other than that, I'm just glad that running out of scout rifle ammo won't be a thing in high end stuff any more. having Stasis weapons might be interesting seeing that it might be something like a kill trigger type of thing. either way I'm avoiding PvP at the beginning of next season.

the Vex Mythocast buff is also perfect timing for me, since I just got the catalyst today and should be fun to use once I unlock it. the Anarchy and Xeno nerf are both understandable, thou it seems the Anarchy nerf isn't as bad as some people think. we'll have to see I suppose, since it's still pretty good for everything else outside of bosses from what Bungie's saying.

Shubh_C63

Well bungie is doing it again. I am getting hyped and its just a damn cgi teaser.

Hope the seasonal activity is fun. Battlegrounds was the only activity in BL I actually liked playing.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
stream start at 11 showcase at noon

Episode 7 Ugh GIF by The Bachelor

Shubh_C63

holy shit I am already in
edit : Definitely buying WQ but they can't possibly deliver a campaign with the likes of Titanfall or GoW. If this is another 2 hour campaign then fu.

Last edited:
gjallarhorn!? well well well~! this should be interesting. to be honest I actually don't want them to bring it back into Destiny 2 but I'm not complaining either. would love to see how that 30th anniversary pack works. I definitely won't mind it just for that dungeon thing alone. having the G-horn will be a great bonus. over all I'm pretty happy with what I see so far.

Am I really gonna she’ll out $250 for the collectors edition of this? I think I am.

I'm not really into that Hive ghost thing so I won't be getting that. but the Witch Queen deluxe + 30th anniversary one I'm definitely thinking about it.

edit: tried to get on to play a few rounds and test out the new Mythocast, but game is full and can't get in right now. oh well, maybe later.

edit 2: got on and did a VOG run, and holy crap the buffed Mythocast feels day and night when compare with when I use it last night.

Last edited:

Jebron

Man, I haven't played any story related content for over a year. Came back tonight and I'm completely lost. I vaguely know who Mara is from D1, but I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on in the missions.

Can anyone recommend some story recaps or the best way for me to catch up from previous seasons/DLC?

Man, I haven't played any story related content for over a year. Came back tonight and I'm completely lost. I vaguely know who Mara is from D1, but I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on in the missions.

Can anyone recommend some story recaps or the best way for me to catch up from previous seasons/DLC?

usually Byf is a pretty good place to read up on it I guess. still gona take about 30 minutes thou it seems

on another note, the new Astral Alignment thing doesn't seem to be working. I've tried going into one 5 different times and each time it would be bugged at one stage and we can't progress when mobs you need to kill won't spawn. gona wait until they fix it before trying it again.

also, after watching the Witch Queen trailer a little more, I do feel that they need to work on the animation of that glaive thing because it's just not selling the thing to me.

Last edited:
Trials is being gated behind a purchase wall too now?

Yup! Reworked reward system too

yeah, I imagine they had dig through the data and probably find that with all the hackers and cheaters from free accounts, actual trail player numbers are pretty low and it's not worth letting it get ruin like that. gating it behind seasonal pay wall is not the best option, but I guess it should help a little along with the new anti-cheat stuff. all this and the new reward system, plus match making, might actually get more people to try Trials now. I know I would give it a go with the match making side of things at least.

LordCBH

yeah, I imagine they had dig through the data and probably find that with all the hackers and cheaters from free accounts, actual trail player numbers are pretty low and it's not worth letting it get ruin like that. gating it behind seasonal pay wall is not the best option, but I guess it should help a little along with the new anti-cheat stuff. all this and the new reward system, plus match making, might actually get more people to try Trials now. I know I would give it a go with the match making side of things at least.

It’s tied to the latest $40 expansion now, so a little more expensive than tying it to each season pass. Overall, I’m happy with this change and I hope the numbers from the mode come up when the other changes kick in too.

small question, why is finishers tie to a character and not just account wide once unlocked? any reason to that? accidentally picked up the season pass finisher on my Warlock when I actually want to put it on my Hunter.

edit: forgot to mention this, someone in my pub VOG run yesterday tested this out and it seems pretty fun for any Hunter mains out there. Lucky Pants and Last Word are involved.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Lord the RNG on the lost sectors is some shit. 4 hours running my warlock on the legend lost sector and no exotic drop. All champions killed each time too
I still maintain Bungie Rng is not pure rng.
It seems to reward daily repetition more compared to single sitting marathon. Just me ?

Lord the RNG on the lost sectors is some shit. 4 hours running my warlock on the legend lost sector and no exotic drop. All champions killed each time too
4 hours? Took me one try to get the new warlock armor. Four on both my titan and hunter.

small question, why is finishers tie to a character and not just account wide once unlocked? any reason to that? accidentally picked up the season pass finisher on my Warlock when I actually want to put it on my Hunter.

edit: forgot to mention this, someone in my pub VOG run yesterday tested this out and it seems pretty fun for any Hunter mains out there. Lucky Pants and Last Word are involved.

I think some finishers are class locked. But if that's not the case you can reacquire finishers from the collections. I mean, finishers are not like shaders or emotes. You don't get to pick it from a general pool. You need to acquire it and equip it like ghosts or sparrows.

Last edited:
I think some finishers are class locked. But if that's not the case you can reacquire finishers from the collections. I mean, finishers are not like shaders or emotes. You don't get to pick it from a general pool. You need to acquire it and equip it like ghosts or sparrows.

class specific ones I can understand, but the season pass ones really shouldn't be lock to the one I picked up. oh well, not a big deal, just a small rant on my part.

so, with IB on right now, figure I would do some PvP and earn some new loot. while doing the IB bounties, I realize slide shoty is still as much a problem as before. the nerf to slide had not change a damn thing. there are a little more people using fusion thou, so that's a good thing. I also got 1 hit killed while in Dawn Blade super by some Titan's shoulder charge at full health, so I'm calling bullshit on that. outside of that, the usual bullshit like hand canon still ruling over every other freaking thing at mid to long range, or repeat crouching and standing having no consequence whatsoever. yeah, gona just get my loot and bail from the PvP.

edit: also, it seems Vex doesn't work as well for me as others for some reason. probably my play style not agreeing with it that much.

Last edited:
Did they change VoG at all? I did it once in D1. Wondering if I’ll be able to just jump into a random group or maybe I need guidance.
Yes, they did. Oracles must be destroyed in the order they spawn.
The gatekeeper encounter is different. Only one relic. A praetorian minotaur will spawn in either one of the portals and its shield can only be destroyed by the relic. Gatekeeper will spawn from time to time to block the portals.
During atheon, the group that gets teleported must destroy the oracles in a specific order. The group that stayed in the main room must call out the order and position of the oracles.
Some encounters have overload minotaurs. Spire and gorgon maze are unchanged.

Top Bottom