• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Is Already Pre-ordered by Over 1 Million Players (Releases in 2.22.22)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Gonna buy it on a later date, just as a token of support to Sony.

Annotation_2022_01_31_142439.jpg

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I believe he choose the words right… while it is set to be a record for Destiny 2 it is nowhere close to reach Destiny expansion pre orders.

Bungie lost a lot of players from Destiny to Destiny 2… hope they can lure these again.

But hey massive numbers even when lose some continue being massive.

Last edited:

DJ12

I don't know what pre-orders normally look like but that seems like a lot of people.
DLC normally minimal compared to the actual game sales.

But I guess you need to compare this to WoW expansions more than normal DLC now it's F2P and this kinda garbage is how they make their money.

sainraja

I believe he choose the words right… while it is set to be a record for Destiny 2 it is nowhere close to reach Destiny expansion pre orders.

Bungie lost a lot of players from Destiny to Destiny 2… hope they can lure these again.

But hey massive numbers even when lose some continue being massive.
I think you need to give Destiny 2 another try (saying this based on somethings you keep saying which aren't necessarily true.) Destiny 2 is the best it's ever been.

Arthimura

I played vanilla Destiny 2 and Forsaken. After that I felt they started to delivery less story and content in general and the grind was too much, so I stopped playing.

ethomaz

Banned
I think you need to give Destiny 2 another try (saying this based on somethings you keep saying which aren't necessarily true.) Destiny 2 is the best it's ever been.
Yes I need to give it another try.

Said that the numbers are indeed lower compared with Destiny… maybe a lot of users needs to give another try.

Zok310

Banned
Gonna buy it on a later date, just as a token of support to Sony.

Annotation_2022_01_31_142439.jpg
Yup, getting it off principle alone. But I fuck with D1/D2 for real tho. 4k hours and counting, but won’t get WQ at launch. Learned a long time ago not to combine Destiny with other games, playing Destiny during droughts is the best way.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

This last season story was pretty good. I stopped playing after the story break, but I've had a lot of fun with destiny 2.

With that said, I think I'm going to take a sit and wait to see how they change things up. Leveling to the softcap was fun to me, so them removing that kinda killed my reason for playing. Destiny doesn't seem to have much casual endgame content.

Tomeru

It's because they took it off a subscription model last year. Rules are as follows: If its on subscription, it's the best game ever and everyone who pays for it is a sucker. But if its not on subscription anymore, its trash. Pure trash.
Destiny was never a subscription game though?

Top Bottom