• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Is Already Pre-ordered by Over 1 Million Players (Releases in 2.22.22)

leo-j

I def think the Sony situation will allow them to keep some of that legacy content going in the future. I actually would love a destiny 3 built from the ground up on PS5/PC and into ps6/pc with the SSD in mind. Kind of no man’s sky it and seamlessly move from planet to planet. That is the next necessary evolution imo. Regardless they have improved the franchise dramatically , I wasn’t able to get into it during d1 or when d2 launched, but it’s way better now.

cebri.one

The content should be available on the server side, is just disabled from the client side. There needs to be a way, like having multiple home screens for the campaings + home screen for the sandbox experience.

sainraja

The content should be available on the server side, is just disabled from the client side. There needs to be a way, like having multiple home screens for the campaings + home screen for the sandbox experience.
Yeah if they could find a way to add that in, since Destiny 2 is a sci-fi, they could allow Guardians to use a portal to travel back in time to areas that are now sunset (in story terms consumed by darkness) where it launches a separate area which shouldn't affect the main sandbox, I know it will probably be time/effort to maintain but they could treat it like D1 and just leave it as-is.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
4 hours?? Jesus

90% of the story of the original Destiny was hidden in cards that weren’t even in the game, but from a website. Didn’t improve much in D2, but they at least tried to have a decent campaign that told a basic 3 act story (which you can no longer play because Bungie are greedy cunts).

sainraja

90% of the story of the original Destiny was hidden in cards that weren’t even in the game, but from a website. Didn’t improve much in D2, but they at least tried to have a decent campaign that told a basic 3 act story (which you can no longer play because Bungie are greedy cunts).
Bungie has been experimenting with different ways to tell the story in the game. They've found a pretty good balance now with releasing a main campaign and then a seasonal storyline.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
With all this destiny and bungie talk I felt that I should give destiny a try as the sci fi theme interests me, so I watched some gameplay videos on it and I was instantly turned off, just looks like CoD shit, modern FPS aren't for me.

sainraja

With all this destiny and bungie talk I felt that I should give destiny a try as the sci fi theme interests me, so I watched some gameplay videos on it and I was instantly turned off, just looks like CoD shit, modern FPS aren't for me.
I wouldn't give up on it just yet. Forget the videos, you can try out the game for free on any system so I suggest giving that a try first.

ethomaz

Banned
What do I need to buy to get in to Destiny 2?

The Legendary Edition includes Shadow Keep, Forsaken and Beyond Light. Are all of those expansions still relevant? Do I need them for PVP content?

Also, if I buy the expansions on PS5 can I play everything without needing PS Plus?
You needs two things I believe.

- Legacy collection $59.90 (it contains all 3 previous expansions content)
- Buy the new The Witch Quern $39.90.

That is the minimum.

You need PS+ for multiplayer content… Strikes, Raid, Crucible, etc.

Last edited:

iHaunter

I def think the Sony situation will allow them to keep some of that legacy content going in the future. I actually would love a destiny 3 built from the ground up on PS5/PC and into ps6/pc with the SSD in mind. Kind of no man’s sky it and seamlessly move from planet to planet. That is the next necessary evolution imo. Regardless they have improved the franchise dramatically , I wasn’t able to get into it during d1 or when d2 launched, but it’s way better now.
I want an ACTUAL open world. Hate this instanced shit.

Dynasty8

If I just have the base destiny 2 game from years ago am I able to just get the witch queen expansion and I'm good to go?

You can... but I highly recommend playing the Forsaken campaign at least. It's currently free right now for everyone until Feb 22nd.

I'd play that first and if you enjoy it, then you'll have a better idea if you wanna continue the rest of the campaigns (Shadowkeep and Beyond Light) or if you wanna just jump into the Witch Queen.

IMHO though, Shadowkeep and especially Beyond Light are worth it if you enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Shmunter

180652c3ca75cfd4967269bd79c9aa4733503707.jpg

Top Bottom