• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen |OT|

Shubh_C63

hardcore fans are the minority now and people gotta get used to the new life support philosophy Bungie will master in TFS.

So much drama and barely any dip in player count. Least I can do is not pre order TFS.

Screenshot-2023-08-09-211510.png

Dthomp

Nothing like a company telling its fanbase its strapped for cash and can't afford to give you anything that isn't monetized going out and hiring a new voice actor that likely costs 100x more then a non known name to just take over the role of the least charismatic character in the game. You keep telling me you're too broke to fix your shit bungie, fucking clowns

Nothing like a company telling its fanbase its strapped for cash and can't afford to give you anything that isn't monetized going out and hiring a new voice actor that likely costs 100x more then a non known name to just take over the role of the least charismatic character in the game. You keep telling me you're too broke to fix your shit bungie, fucking clowns

I'm going to have to disagree on the point of against hiring Keith David there. just to be clear, yes I do agree that they should put more resources into none monetize contents in the game. but I do think whatever money they're paying Keith David is fine. consider that Zavala, no matter how uncharismatic you think he is, is a huge part of the game and plays an important role in both the story (however little story there is) and the game play. you need to get this matter taken care of as soon as possible, since it'll take time to do all the recordings and post processing. that means you can't take forever to audition for new voice talents, let alone hoping for someone who would sound like Lance. mean while, you have Keith David, who's pretty established in terms of doing voice work. not to mention he sounds reasonably close to the voice of Lance. I imagine even if he costs more than other voice talents to hire, it's an expense that they would have to shell out no matter what.

first of all, new season seems pretty good IMO. been having fun with the new Spire thing and the Altars Of Summoning. overall experience had been pretty positive for me.

then there's Crota's End. I've only ever done Crota back in late D1 and it was super easy back then. but they definitely heard all the people calling it a dungeon and ram things up on it. I was lucky to not have anything going on with this weekend, so I started the run on Friday night. all random LFG groups of course. was able to get the lanterns and bridge done in around 6 hours or so. thou was too sleepy by the time we did Ir Yut, so just went to bed around 2am or so. got up the next day and went out to do some stuff, then hopped back on in the afternoon. took like 2 or 3 hours to clear Ir Yut finally and finally face with Crota. did many tries but only ever get pass the 1st dps phase at best. went to bed around 4am and got up around 8:30am to give it another run. got into a LFG group not long before reset and we all stayed inside even after reset since it still holds contest mode. but after getting more people and trying multiple times and wiping, we finally get to a point where we just don't get anyone to join. so we left the raid. got back to tower and got more people. then went back into the normal mode raid. it was still a little hard but much more reasonable than contest mode. after 2 or 3 tries, was finally able to bring down Crota. while it's not a contest mode win, I'm more than happy to just get it over with and call it a day. there were many great and epic moments throughout the whole raid run across many different teams, and those were what really keep me playing. the fun and excitment when you do these content with a group of people who all has the right mindset for it is just one of the best thing in gaming.

New glitch out today that allows you to put any perk on any weapon. e.g. Ammit SMG that shoots rockets as bullets. Bungies response on twitter is to have fun

Last edited:
New glitch out today that allows you to put any perk on any weapon. e.g. Ammit SMG that shoots rockets as bullets. Bungies response on twitter is to have fun

haha, yeah. I saw a couple videos and gave it a try. definitely works and I made a few that's pretty interesting (2 SMGs with Screaming Swarm, 1 PR with Hunter's Trace, 1 SR with Cranial Spike, and the Forbearance with Trinary Vision). so far the only one that doesn't work for me is to put a sniper frame on an auto rifle. seems to work best with putting exotic traits on legendary weapons. I might try to make maybe one or two more just for the heck of it.

got my solo Ghost Of The Deep done finally. even with all the bugged weapons it's still pretty hard to run the final boss solo. but none the less, this weekend would the time to farm stuff I think :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Mithos

Bungies first fix pretty much broke the game even more. all skills that made crafted weapons great is disabled, and as someone who do not keep non crafted versions around after I have been able to craft a weapon... I'm close to dead in the water atm (for my play style).

Last edited:

Dthomp

This is what happens when you treat your bread and butter like crap for the last year and a half or everything post Witch Queen to focus on your deformed baby nobody wants to play. This ship is fixable, but they seem hell bent on not letting the people who could fix it just fix it, instead they are worried about MTX still. After doing good with Fortnite crossover skins we are back to 20 buck a piece Witcher ones. New content is decent enough so far for me, but I honestly am just not all that interested in the Dreaming City mixed with the Vex stuff from one of the worst "seasons" they did

I have to agree, Coil is pretty good. still had not have a chance to do the new dungeon yet, but so far people seems to like it well enough. going to give it a try tomorrow if I can get to it. PvP however had been terrible for me. maybe it's just because of the new Thorn catalyst, but I'm getting killed by handcannons way more than usual, especially in Checkmate Control. I just want something I can knock out a few bounties out of. give me back my regular Control so I can do some braindead PvP with already.

been a while since there's anything worthy to post. did my usual grind and stuff and since this season is so long, I've been taking my time on all the craftable weapons. but this news seems interesting at least

so we getting hoverboards like Warframe did. interesting. not sure if it'll add anything to the game that's worth while but I'm down to give it a go.

Dthomp

lol, can't imagine returning to a grind I'm over for a fucking hoverboard. Bungie really wants us to not hate Nimbus, I wonder with the wording about you being able to earn it without cash leads me to assume this is "do every GG triumph" to unlock this sparrow/not sparrow. WE WANT NEW WEAPONS!!! Not stupid vehicles

Shubh_C63

Literally haven't logged in once this season and I can't believe I will play the freakin Guardian Games for the hover. I am more interested in Bright dust grind than whatever copy paste seasons they do now. And ofcourse this season's GG triumphs will be slightly difficult also.

This made me realise I won't be buying any expansion whatsoever. Just Free to Play from TFS now. Found way better games.

Dthomp

Literally haven't logged in once this season and I can't believe I will play the freakin Guardian Games for the hover. I am more interested in Bright dust grind than whatever copy paste seasons they do now. And ofcourse this season's GG triumphs will be slightly difficult also.

This made me realise I won't be buying any expansion whatsoever. Just Free to Play from TFS now. Found way better games.

I was gonna check out a little GG for bright dust, but I'm still barely into FF7:Rebirth and MLB the Show is the 15th so not alot of time for a grind I always am sick of an hour in

Shubh_C63

Destiny 2 still is an amazing game. Logged in after 3 months for the glider (quit the grind 2 steps in) but played the seasonal story and activity for 2 days straight. Sunshot HC the season basically.

And now this. Bungie gonna put a strong DEMO of sort for TFS hype. I will buy the Annual Pass only when its on sale now though.
4273253-destiny-2-into-the-light-1.jpg

DeaDPo0L84

Do we have a GAF clan? Destiny 2 is still the main game I play when I'm not playing through a single player game, it's always fun, especially when zoning out and shooting aliens. Currently around power level 1820, mostly play as a Warlock, I'm down to mess around in any of the content, just want people to run with.

Last edited:
Do we have a GAF clan? Destiny 2 is still the main game I play when I'm not playing through a single player game, it's always fun, especially when zoning out and shooting aliens. Currently around power level 1820, mostly play as a Warlock, I'm down to mess around in any of the content, just want people to run with.

we sorta do but not a lot of active players as far I can tell. if you need help on anything thou, shoot me a DM and I can hop on.

looks like we're getting a bunch of fan favorite weapons returning. the new activity seems fun enough to run and farm I guess. and 100 additional space when Final Shape drops. I guess they're at least trying to keep players happy.

Raven117

Do I have to increase my power level to run any of the main story seasonal content? (Haven't touched it since the end of the Lightfall campaign).

I may be able to drag myself through the main quests of the seasons, but not if I have to grind. I can't be bothered by that any longer.

(But I will hate play it to get to Final Shape and close the chapter on this game).

Shubh_C63

Do I have to increase my power level to run any of the main story seasonal content? (Haven't touched it since the end of the Lightfall campaign).

I may be able to drag myself through the main quests of the seasons, but not if I have to grind. I can't be bothered by that any longer.

(But I will hate play it to get to Final Shape and close the chapter on this game).
Power level is not really a thing in Destiny anymore. Most activities adjust your power level if you're too high or too low.
If you had finished Lightfall campaign you are pretty eligible to play any content.

Raven117

Power level is not really a thing in Destiny anymore. Most activities adjust your power level if you're too high or too low.
If you had finished Lightfall campaign you are pretty eligible to play any content.
Thanks. So I can just run the seasonal main story missions back to back to back and not go grind anything?

Ogbert

Genuinely sad that I’ve drifted away from this game.

I log on, stare at the screen and then log out again. It’s like they’ve given up on it.

Last edited:
Made the mistake of logging into the game on a Tuesday.

The Onslaught quest step didn't proc... the loot chest at the end gave nothing (pretty classic bug at this point, though usually it's just really slow and still pays out)... but I did get a slow but steady stream of glimmer and XP while in orbit after the fact...

Whisper quest step also didn't proc... said to clear the first set of taken blights on Legend... I got through the whole thing (3 seconds to spare, close one!)... though it's possible it's referring to some other blights and not the ones that you need to shoot to complete the mission. Of course that would be dumb, but possible I guess.

We'll see about the prismatic class... I've heard the idea of mixing and matching subclass abilities before... it kind of just feels like they didn't want to come up with a 'real' third darkness subclass. Not sure what kind of limitations there are with the mix and match aspect of it but seems like a decent chance it's going to make running a normal subclass obsolete? Final Shape indeed.

Dthomp

My take with the Prismatic is that it is simply testing for the character classes setup for Destiny 3 at this point. They will test it here in a smaller scale because you don't introduce something like this into the game at this point that will come off as completely broken with what we already have in game. That will be almost unbalanceable in crucible and will just make already broken builds even more nuts. This is the swan song for D2, go out, be broken and we'll see you in 4 years for Destiny 3 with ability selecting more in line with what we had in D1 with some mix/match classes, build your class from the start. It'll be easier to balance from a new game (With a much NEEDED new engine) that doesn't already have a million broken things in it.

Pegasus Actual Pegasus Actual Those blights I believe are the three in the opening room of Whisper mission, you can only see them with Whisper equipped and must be shot with it.

Top Bottom