• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen |OT|

Nankatsu

Is there a GAF clan that I can join?

I think I might go back into the game, but playing with people would be much more fun than actually playing it alone.

Are shadowkeep and beyond light worth getting?

I was surprised when I saw they removed forsaken from the game.

Last edited:
god, I wish they at least fix the freaking heavy grenade launcher bug or just let us use the OP stuff for this contest mode. I can understand locking it for world first, but after that's done, what's the point really? anyway, did a few runs of King's Fall and got to Golgoroth. hopefully I can get that and the rest of the raid done later tonight or tomorrow.

I think I might go back into the game, but playing with people would be much more fun than actually playing it alone.

me and Dr. Samuel Hayden are in a clan along with a few others. have him send you an invite or something next time he's on.

as for Shadowkeep and Beyond Light, they're sort of worth it I think, at least Beyond Light. in any case, if you're interested in those, they have a collection bundle on sale right now I think.

finished Oryx with a pick up group. all I can say is, Whisper Of The Worm was putting in work with the boss dps. with a Well and a Divinity on Oryx, and in Whisper Breathing, I'm doing 57K a hit, and no need to reload. highly recommend for that fight. and you can also put on another sniper for the Ogres and Knights too, so the sniper ammo finder would be extra useful.

Dthomp

finished Oryx with a pick up group. all I can say is, Whisper Of The Worm was putting in work with the boss dps. with a Well and a Divinity on Oryx, and in Whisper Breathing, I'm doing 57K a hit, and no need to reload. highly recommend for that fight. and you can also put on another sniper for the Ogres and Knights too, so the sniper ammo finder would be extra useful.

You should try Triple Tap / Firing Line Taipan LFR, same idea but I believe I was doing more per hit then that. I tried Whisper at Warpriest on Day 1 for a run and it was pitiful how much it was doing, it was less then my Taipan even before I unlocked Firing Line.

You should try Triple Tap / Firing Line Taipan LFR, same idea but I believe I was doing more per hit then that. I tried Whisper at Warpriest on Day 1 for a run and it was pitiful how much it was doing, it was less then my Taipan even before I unlocked Firing Line.

I have the Taipan crafted, but didn't get around to leveling it up. I'll test it out once I do thou. but even then, you still need to reload with Triple Tab and Firing Line. with Whisper, I literally went the whole dps round without reloading and just shot after shot of 57k dps non-stop. thanks to the change to Whisper two season or so back that gives it Triple Tab but only pulling 2 shots out of your reserve and 1 shot out of thin air. so I would say give Whisper a try.

looks like Rick did a test and Whisper slightly edge out the god roll Taipan. of course it all depends on how well the dps part goes, as in if you miss any shots or not and stuff like that. but yeah, I would say double sniper set up would be a good pick for Oryx for sure.

sainraja

They are and they won't be sunsetting anymore campaigns. Forsaken missed the boat it seems!

Last edited:

Nankatsu

They are and they won't be sunsetting anymore campaigns. Forsaken missed the boat it seems!
Yeah, I read about that. I had no idea they nuked Forsaken.

In the end I decided to postpone my return to Destiny 2. While I truly love the core gameplay, I don't wanna embrace myself in another grind game fest like Destiny 2.

I have less and less time to play and don't want to focus all of it mainly in one game.

sainraja

Yeah, I read about that. I had no idea they nuked Forsaken.

In the end I decided to postpone my return to Destiny 2. While I truly love the core gameplay, I don't wanna embrace myself in another grind game fest like Destiny 2.

I have less and less time to play and don't want to focus all of it mainly in one game.
Yeah, I can understand that. Although, I would still say check it out...the current season is awesome and you can do things at your own pace. That's how I was with Destiny for a long time. You can do the weekly strikes/nightfall, crucible challenges and then just hop off until the following week.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can understand that. Although, I would still say check it out...the current season is awesome and you can do things at your own pace. That's how I was with Destiny for a long time. You can do the weekly strikes/nightfall, crucible challenges and then just hop off until the following week.

I kinda agree with this. I'm mostly just doing all the weekly stuff when possible on my Warlock and call it a day. I might go into catching up on my Titan/Hunter later on down the season, but I'm honestly not in a hurry on it. just start again with some of the story stuff and getting yourself to the soft cap, see how you like the new stuff first. then you can work on if you want to grind for specific gears and what not.

Dthomp

A big issue that people who play all the time don't see is that in order to have really decent stuff you gotta grind like hell to get the 5 red bordered guns to craft the one you want, and if you want that great exotic, gotta LL grind and sit in Lost Sectors til it drops. I came back after a couple seasons of barely checking in and it's overwhelming how much I gotta do to be caught up with endgame clanmates and the simple fact that when you come in with no clue what is going on, there is nothing pointing you in the best direction to get there

sainraja

A big issue that people who play all the time don't see is that in order to have really decent stuff you gotta grind like hell to get the 5 red bordered guns to craft the one you want, and if you want that great exotic, gotta LL grind and sit in Lost Sectors til it drops. I came back after a couple seasons of barely checking in and it's overwhelming how much I gotta do to be caught up with endgame clanmates and the simple fact that when you come in with no clue what is going on, there is nothing pointing you in the best direction to get there
But there is no need to rush to unlock everything....I have (almost) everything now and I wasn't really chasing after 'em. The only guns I chased after are about 4-5: Hawkmoon (my first), Dead Man's Tale (second), Eyes of Tomorrow, Fatebringer (Timelost) and Gjallahorn. Only two of the ones I went after I had to grind for.

EDIT

I am forgetting about Eyasluna (love hand cannons now haha).

Last edited:
But there is no need to rush to unlock everything....I have (almost) everything now and I wasn't really chasing after 'em. The only guns I chased after are about 4-5: Hawkmoon (my first), Dead Man's Tale (second), Eyes of Tomorrow, Fatebringer (Timelost) and Gjallahorn. Only two of the ones I went after I had to grind for.

EDIT

I am forgetting about Eyasluna (love hand cannons now haha).

yeah. I mean, consider they pretty much give you the 2 red border LFRs (and the ARs) you need to craft the new Taipan LFR, it's really not that bad. you can also get guarantee red border weapon of your pick from the H.E.L.M. every week once you upgraded the stuff needed. personally, I'm only focusing on crafting a few of the weapons myself. the rest I'm really just going with the "I'll get them when I get them" mindset. I mean, my vault is close to 600/600 again now so I REALLY need to spend time on managing my stuff anyway and don't need weapons I don't really use to take up more space again.

Jebron

I haven't played in forever, started again almost two weeks ago. As a solo player this game is so fucking boring. None of my friends play, so I'm basically just doing the campaign content and the weekly powerful/pinnacle stuff to get my power level up and I'm bored out of my mind. Solo'ing hard content seems like it would also get boring pretty quick, so it seems like the only reason to stay engaged with the game long-term is if you have a friend-group or clan you socialize with while playing? I just can't see myself playing for more than another week or so as a solo player.

Dthomp

I haven't played in forever, started again almost two weeks ago. As a solo player this game is so fucking boring. None of my friends play, so I'm basically just doing the campaign content and the weekly powerful/pinnacle stuff to get my power level up and I'm bored out of my mind. Solo'ing hard content seems like it would also get boring pretty quick, so it seems like the only reason to stay engaged with the game long-term is if you have a friend-group or clan you socialize with while playing? I just can't see myself playing for more than another week or so as a solo player.

This has been my issue with D2 going on 2 years now. From a solo experience, it's abysmal, and "just use LFG" is not a good response to this because LFG is still 75% kids using language that normal people don't use. I found a clan of older gents that have been mostly helpful, but you still end up with cliques because Bungo wants the content to be "git gud hard" more then fun like it was in the first game so it creates a weird imbalance of the haves and have nots, and in my experience there are no where near enough of the types who want to help others learn to even things out. Just my 2 cents

Dibbs

I really like the King's Fall raid, although we ran into troubles with the Warpriest. The key is to succesfully extend the DPS phases but we were too tired to keep on going, lol.

Otre

Banned
I get you. Being a solo player is tough in this game. Still, the best thing for pinnacle loot is the destiny app or LFG (their answer to matchmaking) on their site. Its no substitute for human interaction and friendly banter but it gets the job done. Just know what to do. If you dont, like the dungeons, you can find guides all over youtube like this one.

I get you. Being a solo player is tough in this game. Still, the best thing for pinnacle loot is the destiny app or LFG (their answer to matchmaking) on their site. Its no substitute for human interaction and friendly banter but it gets the job done. Just know what to do. If you dont, like the dungeons, you can find guides all over youtube like this one.

yeah. I had done all my stuff through the Bungie LFG. and while there are certainly bad ones, for the most part they all went pretty good. I had done all the raids through the LFG and there were some really fun raids where everyone are chill and fun to talk to.

Otre

Banned
yeah. I had done all my stuff through the Bungie LFG. and while there are certainly bad ones, for the most part they all went pretty good. I had done all the raids through the LFG and there were some really fun raids where everyone are chill and fun to talk to.
Did not know raids were doable. Might try one after watching a guide

Balboa

Have they just slowly been turning PVE into PVP so that they can axe Crucible? Every activity is nothing but people pushing, shoving, climbing over eachother fighting for kills or objectives to complete whatever arbitrary chore they're working on, like rats fighting to the death for some cheese

sainraja

Have they just slowly been turning PVE into PVP so that they can axe Crucible? Every activity is nothing but people pushing, shoving, climbing over eachother fighting for kills or objectives to complete whatever arbitrary chore they're working on, like rats fighting to the death for some cheese
After having played through an encounter once, most people go back through for seasonal goals and farming weapon perks, so they try to do things as quickly as they can. So, nah, Crucible isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:

Dthomp

It's worse this week because in order to get the upgrade for the Star Chart you need the 5/5/10 objective things in the Ketchcrash activity. So you have a 33% chance to get the door you want/need, then 5 other people all fighting for the same thing. This is just another in bizarre mission steps Bungie puts out there to draw out this awful seasonal model. Introduce season, have those weapons drop from ANY activity because it's that season and move on, but no we have to level up vendor #2569 by doing weekly seasonal activity for time 300, so we can then do other thing a bunch to get upgrade module, it's tedious.

Honestly in PVE, my biggest gripe is the fucking glaives and swords. I play this for the excellent shooting mechanics, but then I'm competing with brain dead apetards that are unkillable thanks to broken setup #2 or 3 just swording or glaiving while I'm trying to compete gun bounties with primaries that take 12 shots to kill something. Sword ammo needs to be cut back by like 60% to be honest, this isn't fucking Warframe. Glaives need to have much slower swings for the melee, and drain ammo while using the overshield.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
looks like if you do Master ketch, you can pretty much get it done in 1 run since there's bonus progression in there or something.
gonna try lfg later tonight give it a go. Would be easier if shit was just in game.

Confusing why they have the casual story content locked behind a master end game stuff. That should be for the triumphs not the weekly story mode. like they mixed them up.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I went all in this season.

My first. I even bought the game and all dlc when it was on sale.

I found it really fun at first, but now it just feels like boring grind, in a way that's not fun.

sainraja

Hmm, oh, are these the champions that spawn, only IF you don't deposit the treasure engrams quickly? If so, yeah....that does suck.

Raven117

Read the description of it, there's no grind here at all. One master ketocrash will get it completed, plus you get your pinnacle engram.
Yes. There is a grind. I have to go find the champions, and rinse and repeat.

Isn't master ketocrash 1600? So yeah...its a grind.

Yes. There is a grind. I have to go find the champions, and rinse and repeat.

Isn't master ketocrash 1600? So yeah...its a grind.

So you skip the pinnacles for Ketocrash and Wellspring every week? You need to be at least 1580 to do a 1600 activity, most people are above that.

50 champions is less than a 20 minute run everyone is doing anyways for a weekly pinnacle engram.

Last edited:

Raven117

So you skip the pinnacles for Ketocrash and Wellspring every week? You need to be at least 1580 to do a 1600 activity, most people are above that.

50 champions is less than a 20 minute run everyone is doing anyways for a weekly pinnacle engram.
Yeah, not high enough to run it. Because I didn’t grind.

They auto-completed it because they thought it was too much… so there ya go.

Warnen

I eat Champions for dinner.

Don’t get me wrong they provide little to no challenge. Just forces you into builds in a game that supposed to let you play the way you want. Every season random if weapons I enjoy even get mod support…

Champions are the destiny fun police…

S0ULZB0URNE

Don’t get me wrong they provide little to no challenge. Just forces you into builds in a game that supposed to let you play the way you want. Every season random if weapons I enjoy even get mod support…

Where did you see that we gotta kill 50 champions anyway?

Warnen

Where did you see that we gotta kill 50 champions anyway?
it was for the weekly story mission. Bungie auto completed it for everyone because they knew it was bullshit :messenger_beaming:

After I did it of course

Last edited:

sainraja

That is kinda the point lol. And you still have choices in how you engage enemies.

Warnen

That is kinda the point lol. And you still have choices in how you engage enemies.
in a game about finding weapons and gear with rolls tuned to your own play style kinda breaks that point when forced into 2-3 weapon types for entire season.

Whatever, the fact they auto completed it and the community's general being feed up with them all the proof I need.

sainraja

in a game about finding weapons and gear with rolls tuned to your own play style kinda breaks that point when forced into 2-3 weapon types for entire season.

Whatever, the fact they auto completed it and the community's general being feed up with them all the proof I need.
If you just play the game, not just the seasonal content, the 50 champion thing was achievable or as someone else pointed out, by doing the master difficulty. Another way to look at it, it's not just about finding weapons and gear with rolls tuned to your own play style, you also have to adjust how to engage with enemies. The mods are probably also a way for them to encourage people to try out other weapons.

Last edited:
had a long day yesterday so I spent most of today just resting and napping. figured I would do a LFG King's Fall run before going to bed. was a pretty smooth run and got the bonus chest and all (we also did the challenge but for some reason the 2nd chest didn't pop even thou none of us saw the challenge fail message). after Oryx, I was picking up some loot that's all around before going to the chest, and sure enough, I heard that sound of an exotic drop. so, it's after almost exactly one month since King's Fall came out on Destiny 2 that I got Touch Of Malice. now I'm gona need to look around and see if anyone is doing the catalyst run for this thing so I can join in on it :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:
Top Bottom